ADVERTISEMENT

The KINNICK House gets the Green light

If it doesn't have "Historic" in front of the name (always) then I have zero interest and it's not legit.

This is all fun, I know. But, Jebus, how would you like to have this built next to your house? I feel for the neighborhood. Property values will plummet.

Reactions: loper
This is all fun, I know. But, Jebus, how would you like to have this built next to your house? I feel for the neighborhood. Property values will plummet.
The property values shouldn't plummet.. in urbandale when the spaceship house got built nobody's property value went down.. it won't happen for a kinnick style house, as long as the property is kept up and it sits in a good school district it shouldn't change

Reactions: terrehawk
If you don't like it buy the property. I haven't liked some changes to buildings and skyline around Iowa City and the university but I don't have the money to buy the property.

If you don't like it buy the property. I haven't liked some changes to buildings and skyline around Iowa City and the university but I don't have the money to buy the property.
Try to compare apples to apples next time.

I'm certainly looking forward to Tailgating there and bringing my GIANT speakers to play very LOUD Rock n Roll, plus some 'In Heaven there is No Beer' renditions.

GO HAWKS :)

The property values shouldn't plummet.. in urbandale when the spaceship house got built nobody's property value went down.. it won't happen for a kinnick style house, as long as the property is kept up and it sits in a good school district it shouldn't change

Spaceship house? I'm not familiar with this. Sounds cool.

iu

I heard the guy built it that way because he's a big fan of The Jetsons.

Viewed coldly from afar, it's easy for internet posters to trash the neighbors who opposed allowing this unsightly party house in their midst. However, it's hard to overstate how much this ugly structure will totally contrast with the character of the neighborhood, which is elegant and expensive because of its great location as well as the quality of some of the homes built there decades ago. Legally there is apparently nothing they can do to halt this intrusion but they were very much in their rights to fight it. I'm guessing the vast majority of posters here would have reacted the same way had they been in the same situation. BTW, must be nice to be the Carlsons, who have so much money they don't know what to do with it. Thus they can afford to dream up this home-away-from-home party house and not really care how it affects the people who live there full-time.

Viewed coldly from afar, it's easy for internet posters to trash the neighbors who opposed allowing this unsightly party house in their midst. However, it's hard to overstate how much this ugly structure will totally contrast with the character of the neighborhood, which is elegant and expensive because of its great location as well as the quality of some of the homes built there decades ago. Legally there is apparently nothing they can do to halt this intrusion but they were very much in their rights to fight it. I'm guessing the vast majority of posters here would have reacted the same way had they been in the same situation. BTW, must be nice to be the Carlsons, who have so much money they don't know what to do with it. Thus they can afford to dream up this home-away-from-home party house and not really care how it affects the people who live there full-time.
Bingo.

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT