ADVERTISEMENT

The latest: Liz Cheney officially files for reelection

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
I guess we will find out if Wyoming Republicans put America first and select them for their candidate or if they will betray our consitution and system of government and cave in to those Trumpkins Hell bend on ending our democratic republic. I don't agree with Ms. Cheney on many of her positions, but I respect the Hell out of her for being one of the very few Republican to put country over party and do what's right Heck, if the Republicans nominated her for president, I might even consider voting for her, depending upon who the Democratst nominate:

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) officially filed for reelection, a day before the filing deadline.
In a video announcing her bid, Cheney said she has no plans of backing away from her post, despite intimidation from outside forces.
“When I know something is wrong, I will say so, I won’t waver or back down,” Cheney said in the video. “I won’t surrender to pressure or intimidation. I know where to draw the line. And I know that some things aren’t for sale.”
The GOP has largely turned its back on Cheney after she became one of the only voices in the party to not only fight against former president Donald Trump’s false claims of election fraud, but push for him to be held responsible for actions that led to the deadly insurrection at the Capitol. Cheney voted to impeach Trump after the insurrection.
Cheney used to be the No. 3 Republican in the House, but now she and Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) are widely considered the party’s pariahs — they’re the only two Republicans in the House select committee investigating the insurrection. Kinzinger announced that he will not seek reelection.
Trump is, in fact, throwing his full support behind one of Cheney’s challengers — Harriet Hageman, who resigned as Wyoming’s committeewoman on the Republican National Committee before he endorsed her. Hageman, at one point, used to be a supporter of Cheney’s.
In a statement endorsing Hageman, Trump called Cheney a “warmonger and a disloyal Republican.”
Cheney, in her announcement, did not mention Trump. She did ask voters to join her and “reject the lies,” “rise above the toxic politics” and “do what we all know is right.”
“I’m asking you to cast your eyes to the future, a future that we will build together,” she said. “A future where we can tell our children and our grandchildren that when our time of testing came, we did not falter and we did not fail.”
:

Reactions: sob5 and runkpanole
This was great interview a few years back. Cheney really took it to Brennan that day.

I'm not sure she can win re-election though.

I know a handful of people from Wyoming and these few seem genuinely embarrassed by Cheney. They dismiss her as someone who has spent her life in Washington D.C. She really does not have deep Wyoming roots like her father.

She was born in Madison, Wisconsin ... graduated from high school in McLean, Virginia ... earned a BA from Colorado College, and a law degree from the University of Chicago. To her credit, she was a cheerleader in high school. In any case, that is not a very Wyomingish background.

I think she might be in trouble.

@Titus You just showed us how she hasn’t spent her life in D.C. What does being a cheerleader have to do with anything?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT