ADVERTISEMENT

The latest: McCarthy challenges Biden to debate the GOP platform

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
What's there to debate?:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Friday challenged President Biden to a series of debates on the “Commitment to America,” a document that lays out Republican priorities if they take control of the chamber after the midterm elections but includes few concrete policy proposals.
I challenge the president to join with us,” McCarthy said at an event in Monongahela, Pa., where he was joined by other House GOP leaders. “Let’s go across the country, and let’s debate what his policies have done to America and our plan for a new direction. And let’s let America make the decision for the best way for this country to go forward.”
The GOP agenda is cast largely in broad strokes — such as fighting inflation and securing the border — but contains a few more detailed proposals, such as adding 200,000 police officers to the streets and curbing the number of IRS agents auditing Americans.
McCarthy, who was introduced at the event as the next speaker of the House, stressed during his remarks that the GOP agenda was being touted in Washington County, Pa., not Washington, D.C. — a signal, he said, that Republicans are listening to their constituents.
McCarthy claimed that Democrats, who have pushed several high-profile bills through Congress in recent months, have “no plan to fix all the problems they’ve created.”
“We want an economy that is strong,” McCarthy said. “That means you can fill up your tank, you can buy the groceries. You have enough money left over to go to Disneyland and save for a future.”

Well, when your platform consists of "who's the biggest a-hole" it's hard to distinguish one a-hole from another in the swarm of rank asses that make up the GOP these days. Only by standing next to someone who isn't a complete a-hole can you get noticed these days.

When they are scared of losing the election.

It just occured to me that I called him House Speaker, he isn't that yet.

I don't think the GOP is real scared of not winning the House back but they appear to be in trouble with winning the senate back. If that's the case why isn't McConnell pulling this move?

It just occured to me that I called him House Speaker, he isn't that yet.

I don't think the GOP is real scared of not winning the House back but they appear to be in trouble with winning the senate back. If that's the case why isn't McConnell pulling this move?
I think there’s a lot more questions about them even winning the House, tho that’s still expected obviously.

McCarthy is doing this to make himself look good as he’s not super-popular with the House GOP caucus. He will likely end up as speaker regardless - if only because there’s no clear alternative, but he fell short before when he thought he was a shoe-in to succeed Boehner as House Speaker, and the GOP ended up with Ryan.

its going to be comical watching him try to wrangle that caucus.

Good for him! And on a same note, Michael Jordan is a flat out chicken shit because he STILL hasn’t accepted my call out to him for a game of HORSE I made to him in 9th grade. No respect for him until he answers that call.

Lol…sure. Why don’t you tell us how to debate “we need to fight inflation”. Uhh…yeah…we sure do. End of debate.

Demonstrate you’re smarter than that.
We could maybe stop spending billions of dollars on government projects that are over regulated and 1/10th of the money actuslly makes it to thr ground...

One of my favorite parts of interacting with you is laughing at a grown adult who is obviously surrounded by children all day. I get a kick out of your smugness and laugh knowing you would get your ass handed to you if you were not surrounded by 8th graders all day.

Reactions: Hawkman34
We could maybe stop spending billions of dollars on government projects that are over regulated and 1/10th of the money actuslly makes it to thr ground...

One of my favorite parts of interacting with you is laughing at a grown adult who is obviously surrounded by children all day. I get a kick out of your smugness and laugh knowing you would get your ass handed to you if you were not surrounded by 8th graders all day.
Is. That. In. Their. Proposal?

ADVERTISEMENT