ADVERTISEMENT

The latest: McCarthy indicates he has no plan to take immediate action against Santos

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) indicated to reporters Wednesday that he has no immediate plans to take action against Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.), who has acknowledged lying about key parts of his background and drawn calls for his resignation from fellow Republicans in New York.
“In America today, you’re innocent until proven guilty, so just because somebody doesn’t like the press you have, it’s not me that can oversay what the voters say,” McCarthy told reporters at the Capitol. “The voters are the power. The voters made a decision, and he has a right to serve. If there is something that rises to the occasion that he did something wrong, then we’ll deal with that at that time.”
Two Democrats in the New York congressional delegation filed an ethics complaint against Santos on Tuesday. It is not known whether the House Ethics Committee will act on the complaint. McCarthy suggested that the committee is the appropriate place for Santos’s colleagues to take their concerns.
McCarthy also suggested that voters would have an opportunity to remove Santos in two years if they chose to do so.

He can't afford to. Any cracks in their facade would only serve to embarrass McCarthy further. Far easier to play the MSM game instead of holding a clearly unqualified liar to account.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.): “In America today, you’re innocent until proven guilty, so just because somebody doesn’t like the press you have, it’s not me that can oversay what the voters say,” McCarthy told reporters at the Capitol. “The voters are the power. The voters made a decision, and he has a right to serve. If there is something that rises to the occasion that he did something wrong, then we’ll deal with that at that time.” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
segundo-sol-novela.gif

“In America today, you’re innocent until proven guilty, so just because somebody doesn’t like the press you have, it’s not me that can oversay what the voters say,” McCarthy told reporters at the Capitol. “The voters are the power. The voters made a decision, and he has a right to serve. If there is something that rises to the occasion that he did something wrong, then we’ll deal with that at that time.”

What kind of word salad is this? Kamala Harris would need to work to sound this bad.

Hey @biggreydogs, come get him!

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) indicated to reporters Wednesday that he has no immediate plans to take action against Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.), who has acknowledged lying about key parts of his background and drawn calls for his resignation from fellow Republicans in New York.
Two Democrats in the New York congressional delegation filed an ethics complaint against Santos on Tuesday. It is not known whether the House Ethics Committee will act on the complaint. McCarthy suggested that the committee is the appropriate place for Santos’s colleagues to take their concerns.
McCarthy also suggested that voters would have an opportunity to remove Santos in two years if they chose to do so.

Party of law and order. Here's the thing, I think the guy needs to be replaced and think that McCarthy should be able to replace him with another Republican since Santos won his district. He just doesn't have any place in Congress. He's another piece of trash that shouldn't be making decisions for the rest of us.

Party of law and order. Here's the thing, I think the guy needs to be replaced and think that McCarthy should be able to replace him with another Republican since Santos won his district. He just doesn't have any place in Congress. He's another piece of trash that shouldn't be making decisions for the rest of us.
But he is! And that is today's GOP, ladies and gentlemen!

One of the Dem House members should embrace the new rules and call for a vote for new speaker if McCarthy refuses to do the anything about the Santos issues.

Why does someone without the courage to lead, work so hard to get into position to embarrass himself....

Reactions: cigaretteman
Santos better be lining up a lobbying job, cause I'm going out on a limb and guess he's not being reelected.

Hell...McCarthy probably goes the John Boehner route before too long.

I made the decision to be a Democrat when I reached voting age because I viewed the Republicans as a sterile, uncaring, Vietnam war loving assholes. I saw Nixon championed by creeps as the was forced out of the WH by members of his party. My distain of the party has deepened, and the Orange Turd has created a dynamic that has divided this country. Anyone and everyone accepting his concepts are unintelligent or have optioned to accept his unintelligent ideals. It is too polished to call his following a cult. It is a collection of "stupids".

The same is said for the extension of Orange Turdism. The Dual with the Governor of Florida will be played out in the next year. DieSantis has much catching up to do but he is working overtime and has no guardrails. A court-friendly, partisan legislative environment ensures him of downhill, unobstructed paths to his goals of racist, supremist control.

This may have already been posted. A former roommate was interviewed, and Santos was quoted saying his dream was being elected to congress and receiving the lifelong pension and healthcare.

His apparent problem: Representatives must serve 5 years to earn and receive the pension. Oops.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT