ADVERTISEMENT

The latest: Pence urges students to help outlaw abortion in all 50 states

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Former vice president Mike Pence on Tuesday urged a gathering of conservative students in Washington to work to outlaw abortion in all 50 states, as he outlined what he dubbed his “freedom agenda.”
Pence, speaking at the Young America’s Foundation’s National Conservative Student Conference, praised last month’s decision by the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade during a speech that leaned heavily into cultural issues.
“At long last, with the support of three Supreme Court justices appointed during the Trump administration, we sent Roe versus Wade to the ash heap of history, where it belongs,” Pence said. “Now it falls to this generation to take the case for life to every state and every statehouse in America. Our freedom agenda calls for advancing pro-life protections in every state in the Union, every single one.
So we must not rest. We must not relent,” Pence continued. “We must not tire until we restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law in every state in the nation. We save the babies. We’ll save America.”
Pence, who in some ways has sought to distance himself from Donald Trump as both eye possible 2024 White House bids, fielded two questions from the audience after his remarks, including one about whether there’s a divide between him and the former president.
“I don’t know that our movement is that divided,” Pence said. “I don’t know that the president and I differ on issues, but we may differ on focus. I truly do believe that elections are about the future, and that is absolutely essential. At a time when so many Americans are hurting, so many families are struggling, that we don’t give way to the temptation to look back.”
In his speech, Pence made no effort to dispute the 2020 election results.

I'm not sure why is this news?

It's not like anyone said or thought that pro-lifers would just overturn Roe and completely give up the fight after that.

ADVERTISEMENT