ADVERTISEMENT

The Luka decision may be what turns the tide.............

IowaNiceHawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
May 2, 2016
St Donatus, IA
It's been a long year, especially, since March.

August is the Dog days of summer month, although, most fittingly on the Weekend that
Luka made his SUPER Announcement, the weather in Iowa was absolutely perfect,
80 degrees and no humidity.

With the upcoming release of the 'Garzilla Returns', coming soon to an Arena, nearby,
I just get the feeling that we are turning the corner toward more normalcy.

Thanks again Luka for your uplifting announcement to & from Hawkeye fans everywhere!!
GO HAWKS !!

Would love for you to be right, but I'm not sure one thing has anything to do with the other.

???
Wasn't really talking about anything specifically.
Just generally, we now have it moving the right direction toward
more normalcy and positivity in this great country.

#gohawks

Your next president ...

usa_today_14183029.jpg

It's been a long year, especially, since March.

August is the Dog days of summer month, although, most fittingly on the Weekend that
Luka made his SUPER Announcement, the weather in Iowa was absolutely perfect,
80 degrees and no humidity.

With the upcoming release of the 'Garzilla Returns', coming soon to an Arena, nearby,
I just get the feeling that we are turning the corner toward more normalcy.

Thanks again Luka for your uplifting announcement to & from Hawkeye fans everywhere!!
GO HAWKS !!

We need to recruit the next Luka. Haven't gotten that done yet for the class of 2021.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Luka is the Josie Jewell of Iowa Basketball. Pat Angerer. CJ Beathard. With his work ethic and fearlessness, he is the perfect guy that will lead the team. He's not simply super-talented - he's gritty, tough and determined to be the best.

Can he be BETTER than last year? I don't know how, but I think he will be. :)

Luka is the Josie Jewell of Iowa Basketball. Pat Angerer. CJ Beathard. With his work ethic and fearlessness, he is the perfect guy that will lead the team. He's not simply super-talented - he's gritty, tough and determined to be the best.

Wasn't Luka a 4-star recruit?

Perhaps not the best comparison then. Dwight might be a better comparison - super talented and hard-working.

Yeah, a lot more like Tim Dwight, I'd say, in terms of his
EXCITEMENT that he has injected into the Iowa program.

Luka was the Best College Basketball player in All of America, last year and the Hawkeyes get him for 1 more go around.

Yesterday, was an incredible day for Hawkeye Hoops !!

Perhaps not the best comparison then. Dwight might be a better comparison - super talented and hard-working.

But athletically? Lol. Since you wanted to nitpick 4shur. ;)

I think the old-timers who were comparing this to Chuck Long are probably most accurate, if you want to make a football comparison. Luka Garza is the NPOTY favorite and has championship aspirations.

Chuck Long and the 1985 Hawkeyes are probably the closest parallel at least in terms of expectations.

Reactions: kceasthawk

He’s more of an Andre Woolridge than anybody else.

Those 2 are the most “will-their-team to wins” Hawkeyes that I’ve ever seen in my lifetime.

Hawk fball & bball players anyway. Maybe throw Bob Sanders in there.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
All guys mentioned are good comparisons to Luka.

My initial comparison post was referring only to his "heart & guts", the way he gets beaten and bloodied during a game, takes a short break for repairs and heads back in. The way he gives everything on every play.

If you want to compare the complete player that he is to another Hawk - talent, effort, enthusiasm, production, leadership, courage, importance to the team, etc. - that's a tough one.

Nile Kinnick?;)

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk

My initial comparison post was referring only to his "heart & guts", the way he gets beaten and bloodied during a game, takes a short break for repairs and heads back in. The way he gives everything on every play.

If you want to compare the complete player that he is to another Hawk - talent, effort, enthusiasm, production, leadership, courage, importance to the team, etc. - that's a tough one.

Nile Kinnick?;)

Agree that Luka is so special, as a program changing athlete, perhaps Bob Sanders, or Nile Kinnick are the most apt comparison.

When Luka came to Iowa, it seemed that more low info fans were convinced that the other 7 footer, Jack was going to do big things.
But, for me, the way Luka hustled, being the skinny guy that dug out rebounds, scored 20 points sometimes, I remember say 'this guy is going to be really good, in a year or 2'. And I was right.

The NC2A needs to get going now with how to handle the upcoming season. #gohawks

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
But athletically? Lol. Since you wanted to nitpick 4shur. ;)

I think the old-timers who were comparing this to Chuck Long are probably most accurate, if you want to make a football comparison. Luka Garza is the NPOTY favorite and has championship aspirations.

Chuck Long and the 1985 Hawkeyes are probably the closest parallel at least in terms of expectations.
Chuck wasn't that highly recruited out of HS. Luka had some really good offers and a high rating. He just took his game to another level in college. I would say he is unique among Iowa recruits.

Luka will be better from the line this year - book it. I'll bet he's taken about 3,000 FT's in practice.

This dude wants to get better - maybe like no one we've seen before.

Reactions: kceasthawk

Nile Kinnick?;)
Well, lets hope he doesn't meet Nile's end.....:(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT