ADVERTISEMENT

The Luka Garza announcement might be the most anticipated

mtown66

HR Heisman
Aug 15, 2006
announcement since we were waiting for Chuck Long's decision to return for his last season. For my part, if Luka doesn't return, I am less enthused about even having a 2020 season. I will be disheartened because the 2020 season with Luka is the most promising season that we have had since 1987 in my opinion. That anticipated success for 2020 would be a great stepping stone for future recognition and in recruiting.
After posting all those training videos for us and after the positive statements made by Luka, I can not understand why he would need to make a public announcement if it wasn't an announcement for the Iowa fans to celebrate. If he is leaving why make the fans wait and set us up for disappointment. I can not imagine that one single Iowa fan is hoping that Luka moves on. Anything that he would have to say could be said in a written announcement.
Believing that Luka is the class act that I believe that he is, I'm guessing that he announces that he is staying.

announcement since we were waiting for Chuck Long's decision to return for his last season. For my part, if Luka doesn't return, I am less enthused about even having a 2020 season. I will be disheartened because the 2020 season with Luka is the most promising season that we have had since 1987 in my opinion. That anticipated success for 2020 would be a great stepping stone for future recognition and in recruiting.
After posting all those training videos for us and after the positive statements made by Luka, I can not understand why he would need to make a public announcement if it wasn't an announcement for the Iowa fans to celebrate. If he is leaving why make the fans wait and set us up for disappointment. I can not imagine that one single Iowa fan is hoping that Luka moves on. Anything that he would have to say could be said in a written announcement.
Believing that Luka is the class act that I believe that he is, I'm guessing that he announces that he is staying.

I would be disappointed too, but whatever Luka decides doesn't change his character or integrity.

Reactions: BettDogs7
Given the uncertainty around the college basketball season, I expect him to leave. Personally, if I were him I would leave given all the uncertainty in the world right now. If the NBA doesn’t work out right now (either because he doesn’t make a team or the bubble experiment fails) then he could go to Europe or Asia and make a lot of money.

That being said, I hope he stays and I’m able to watch him play a season at iowa in 2020-2021.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Given the uncertainty around the college basketball season, I expect him to leave. Personally, if I were him I would leave given all the uncertainty in the world right now. If the NBA doesn’t work out right now (either because he doesn’t make a team or the bubble experiment fails) then he could go to Europe or Asia and make a lot of money.

That being said, I hope he stays and I’m able to watch him play a season at iowa in 2020-2021.

The one positive is he has, if I've read correctly, already turned down opportunities to play in Europe.

I'm guessing he is still torn as we speak. I wonder if his teammates even know what he's going to say in less than an hour.

The Garza/Long comparison is very appropriate. If the player stays, the sky is the limit. If the player leaves, the team is simply pretty good.

Reactions: mtown66
Luka is da bomb!

In my humble opinion, Luka's decision was Bigger, because basketball has 5 players, so 1 can make a YUUUUUGE difference...….that being said, I'll always be glad Chuck Long returned for his senior season!
Guess they're similar, since Chuck came in #2 in Heisman and Luka should have already won all the National Player of Year awards, but fortunately gets another crack at it all !!

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT