ADVERTISEMENT

The MAC is the first FBS conference to cancel fall football

funny-animated-gifs-best-gifs-jon-voight-anaconda-creepy-face.gif

We'll see more non P5 conferences doing the same, with P5's deciding to have conference-only games.

Most MAC teams played cupcake games for the
Big Ten. Those games are gone this year and
so are the financial payouts they got for doing it.

Makes sense, hard to make up the budget shortfall from being the sacrificial nonconference lambs for the Big Ten.

Tell me, If a single Iowa player (unpaid, mind you) contracted the virus and died as a result, is that worth it to you to have football this fall?

didnt a player from Rutgers/Maryland die last year as a result of practice?

did you demand shut down?

What did he die from? Hint-not at infection from a highly contagious virus.

So, to be clear, when football players die - from non related covid infections you don’t make a big deal.

but when players “hypothetically” die - which haven’t happened- you’re up in arms.

your priorities seem odd

Tell me, If a single Iowa player (unpaid, mind you) contracted the virus and died as a result, is that worth it to you to have football this fall?
Um, maybe you didn't know this, but these players are paid VERY well. Estimations on the value of their compensation range from 25k-50k per year.

So, to be clear, when football players die - from non related covid infections you don’t make a big deal.

but when players “hypothetically” die - which haven’t happened- you’re up in arms.

your priorities seem odd

It was absolutely a big deal when McNair died of heat stroke. And it brought about important changes. But heat exhaustion isn't caused by or spread by close contact with other people. Please stop being purposefully stupid.

Um, maybe you didn't know this, but these players are paid VERY well. Estimations on the value of their compensation range from 25k-50k per year.
Ah, you're right. They're paid handsomely so it's ok. Sure, a couple might die, but I demand entertainment!

The media and many others will not allow it until there is a vaccine. I am convinced.

Hope Biden winning and a message of “live with virus” is well received.
which means they'll probably never allow it cuz there is no possible way there's going to be a vaccine and then there's no possible way to make sure everybody took vaccine

Is making 50 grand a year considered being “paid VERY well?”

For the average 18-23 going to school and paying their own way? IMO, it’s pretty good.

I know I would trade places them and I think it’s fair to say that a majority of folks around here would too.

For the average 18-23 going to school and paying their own way? IMO, it’s pretty good.

I know I would trade places them and I think it’s fair to say that a majority of folks around here would too.

Does the average 18-23 year old HAVE TO lift weights year round, practice at 6:00 AM, go to film sessions, talk to media, etc.?

Those are way harder and longer days than I work, and I make quite a bit more. I doubt I’m alone. $50,000 to do all the work to be a college football player ain’t shit.

Reactions: iahawks10
Congrats America. You don't care for college football as much as you say you do.

Pack those bars.....you deserve it!!

ADVERTISEMENT