Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
thumb-75-595x474.jpg
thumb-72-595x441.jpg
IMG_1657-595x832.jpg
icon-3-595x722.jpg
IMG_1636-595x771.jpg
IMG_1656-595x364.jpg
http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/...ps-after-his-missed-tackle-vs-vikings-photos/

The Iowa Hawkeyes. Also, the Vikings have been a "shitty team" up to this year, and for many many years total. Weird to try to shame someone else about that. Congrats on the year and playoffs thus far, as I said, your utter disappointment will be delicious.

No, no they haven't. Outside of not having a Super Bowl win they've been a very successful franchise, but enjoy the disappointment. God, I love haters.

No, no they haven't. Outside of not having a Super Bowl win they've been a very successful franchise, but enjoy the disappointment. God, I love haters.

This is your very successful franchise recently? Since 2000:

8-8
11-5
7-9
5-10
10-6
3-13
6-10
12-4
10-6
8-8
6-10
9-7
8-8
9-7
6-10
5-11
11-5

134-137. 3 lost wildcards, one current chance to win the conference. Sure, love your team all you want, more power to you. I wouldn't consider myself a hater, because I was only going to laugh at your sadness, and wanted to post as much. I had no intention of further posts, except you challenged me on it. I posted that they've been a "shitty team", which was your term for presumably all other teams not still in the playoffs, and I would say going 6-10 and 5-11 constitute shitty up to this year, as I posted. Hell, just this decade they are under .500. If that isn't "shitty team", under your definition, what is? The LIONS have a better record over that timeframe. Only the Bears have been worse in-division, and I'd gladly laugh at them losing with their hopes this high too.

Pretty easy for him not to get called, just wait for the catch and tackle him. Time was out.
True....just saying that's the only thing I could come up with to explain the horrible attempts at a tackle.....

Reactions: HKI
Pretty easy for him not to get called, just wait for the catch and tackle him. Time was out.

No; if he got OOB, that would have left time for a winning FG attempt

He was trying to undercut him 'in bounds', which would easily have run the clock out before another snap.
Time expired 'just' as the guy crossed the goal line, not when he caught it.

Reactions: dandh
No; if he got OOB, that would have left time for a winning FG attempt

He was trying to undercut him 'in bounds', which would easily have run the clock out before another snap.
Time expired 'just' as the guy crossed the goal line, not when he caught it.

Sure, if he had got OOB, although I didn't think the clock was that close. Happy to be wrong though.

No, time was not out. There is 5 seconds on the clock when Diggs feet hit the ground after catching it. He is about 2 yards from the sideline. He caught it at the 34. If he just waited for the catch and then tried to tackle him, it would have given Diggs a good chance to get out of bounds to set up a field goal. Hell, I was screaming, "get out of bounds, get out of bounds" at first.

Its still a crappy play by the safety, but its not as simple as everyone is making it out to be. If he had let Diggs bring it down safely before trying to make a play, then most likely the Vikings get a chance at a game winning field goal.

This is your very successful franchise recently? Since 2000:

8-8
11-5
7-9
5-10
10-6
3-13
6-10
12-4
10-6
8-8
6-10
9-7
8-8
9-7
6-10
5-11
11-5

134-137. 3 lost wildcards, one current chance to win the conference. Sure, love your team all you want, more power to you. I wouldn't consider myself a hater, because I was only going to laugh at your sadness, and wanted to post as much. I had no intention of further posts, except you challenged me on it. I posted that they've been a "shitty team", which was your term for presumably all other teams not still in the playoffs, and I would say going 6-10 and 5-11 constitute shitty up to this year, as I posted. Hell, just this decade they are under .500. If that isn't "shitty team", under your definition, what is? The LIONS have a better record over that timeframe. Only the Bears have been worse in-division, and I'd gladly laugh at them losing with their hopes this high too.

Since the merger they have the 7th most wins in the NFL, 5th most division titles and 7th in playoff games played. So yes, by any metric, those would be signs of a successful franchise. Enjoy being disappointed on Sunday night, your hater tears will be delicious.

Hell, just this decade they are under .500. If that isn't "shitty team", under your definition, what is?

In a zero sum game where for every win there must be a loss (excepting the very rare NFL tie), a franchise that is .500 is hardly "shitty". Sure, they aren't great; they aren't the Patriots. But I think we can save "shitty" for the truly hapless like the Browns, Bills, etc. They are mediocre, which is what most franchises in the NFL are over an extended period of time.

In a zero sum game where for every win there must be a loss (excepting the very rare NFL tie), a franchise that is .500 is hardly "shitty". Sure, they aren't great; they aren't the Patriots. But I think we can save "shitty" for the truly hapless like the Browns, Bills, etc. They are mediocre, which is what most franchises in the NFL are over an extended period of time.

You know what, I agree with you. I was making fun of his anger, believing that I must be a fan of a "shitty team", presumably because they wouldn't be in the playoffs. I am happy to hold that for the Browns. But we aren't even talking about extended period of decades, the Vikings have been mediocre, at best, this decade, right up until this surprising season. And even the most die-hard Vikings fan shouldn't be pretending they saw this and Keenum coming.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
Since the merger they have the 7th most wins in the NFL, 5th most division titles and 7th in playoff games played. So yes, by any metric, those would be signs of a successful franchise. Enjoy being disappointed on Sunday night, your hater tears will be delicious.

There it is, you just went back half a century to try and make a point. Ignore anything that I actually posted, especially about recency. I presume you don't give the same latitude to Husker fans, so enjoy your hypocrisy. Thing is, I won't be disappointed if they win. I'll only be laughing at you when and if they lose. Them winning will not bring me down one notch.

Will be so much fun to watch one fan base get its guts ripped out on Sunday...

color me not impressed at all. I lived in the Twin Cites for upwards of a decade and it is a sh*tty fan base in addition to its mediocre to miserable performance.

I think, with the kneel down game, Favre's pick in 2009, 41-0, five superbowls and all losses, it is fair to reference 'getting your heart ripped out'. I mean, you say haters, I would say history.

I have already posted about this, but seeing thousands of "fans" walk out of the metrodome and literally throw their Viking hats/penants (not to mention those ridiculous Viking horn/wig things) into trash can says about all I need to know. The guy starting a bonfire of purple gear in his front yard on the local news is just icing.

FWIW I was a big fan of AP, and a big fan of the Favre-led Vikings. It would also be quite fun to see a Superbowl with its home team. That is all just outweighed by the enjoyment of laughing at your misery. It is honestly amazing how many Vikings "fans" there are this year, and how many Packers "fans" there were just a few short years ago, and how many Bears "fans" there were at their superbowl.

You know what, I agree with you. I was making fun of his anger, believing that I must be a fan of a "shitty team", presumably because they wouldn't be in the playoffs. I am happy to hold that for the Browns. But we aren't even talking about extended period of decades, the Vikings have been mediocre, at best, this decade, right up until this surprising season. And even the most die-hard Vikings fan shouldn't be pretending they saw this and Keenum coming.

Most thought they’d be like this last year and they made the playoffs 2 years ago and a 2010 team that was good enough to contend for the Super Bowl. Leslie Frazier definitely created and left a mess while he was here, but to say “decade” is a stretch.

I’m starting to feel a little bad for that poor kid. Dudes a rookie and this will follow him his whole career.
Just remember that he's 21, has a ton of money and can nail hot chicks pretty much when ever he wants. That will make it easier.

Your letdown is going be to quite delicious.
I am immune from it. After 1998 I assume they will lose in gut wrenching fashion. I will be disappointed but at the end of the day win or lose I still go to work the next day.

Douche New Orleans coach was mocking the Skol chant right before walk off TD. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

No doubt it will crush people but I look at it like walking past a hot female guard on the way to the electric chair. Sure she is sexy but I know where I am headed.

color me not impressed at all. I lived in the Twin Cites for upwards of a decade and it is a sh*tty fan base in addition to its mediocre to miserable performance.

I think, with the kneel down game, Favre's pick in 2009, 41-0, five superbowls and all losses, it is fair to reference 'getting your heart ripped out'. I mean, you say haters, I would say history.

I have already posted about this, but seeing thousands of "fans" walk out of the metrodome and literally throw their Viking hats/penants (not to mention those ridiculous Viking horn/wig things) into trash can says about all I need to know. The guy starting a bonfire of purple gear in his front yard on the local news is just icing.

Since you have an open mind, your antrcdotal references are enough for me to indict an entire fan base...:rolleyes:.

Reactions: HKI and Rudolph
I’m starting to feel a little bad for that poor kid. Dudes a rookie and this will follow him his whole career.
I don't know. He has handled it well so far, and given his interception is a big reason the Saints even had a chance to win, I think he'll recover. Crazy play. Demonstrates why, in sports, never assume anything and treat every play as an opportunity.

Most thought they’d be like this last year and they made the playoffs 2 years ago and a 2010 team that was good enough to contend for the Super Bowl. Leslie Frazier definitely created and left a mess while he was here, but to say “decade” is a stretch.
Would have. Could have. Should have.

The results of this decade are out there. I agree with last year, with Bradford, and they went 8-8. That wasn't the feeling anybody I talked to had going in to this year.

Since you have an open mind, your antrcdotal references are enough for me to indict an entire fan base...:rolleyes:.
Again, I lived there for most of a decade. I do not have time to address every single one of them, but I have encountered the vast majority in one way or another.

There it is, you just went back half a century to try and make a point. Ignore anything that I actually posted, especially about recency. I presume you don't give the same latitude to Husker fans, so enjoy your hypocrisy. Thing is, I won't be disappointed if they win. I'll only be laughing at you when and if they lose. Them winning will not bring me down one notch.

Okay, if that's too far back that will just include the present. Presently, the Vikings are 14-3 and have a top 10 offense and the best defense in the NFL. God damn, life is good.

Again, I lived there for most of a decade. I do not have time to address every single one of them, but I have encountered the vast majority in one way or another.

So you’ve met the vast majority of the fan base? I’ve been here for almost two decades, so I must be blind or in the “shitty” part of the fan base.

The results of this decade are out there. I agree with last year, with Bradford, and they went 8-8. That wasn't the feeling anybody I talked to had going in to this year.

The concern that I heard the most was the O-line and for good reason. With the defense, healthy Bradford, Dalvin Cook and the improving passing game, hopes in pre-season were still pretty high around here, at least from my perspective.

They have a nice 3 year window of opportunity here, we’ll see if they piss it away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT