ADVERTISEMENT

The Minnesota Miracle

The concern that I heard the most was the O-line and for good reason. With the defense, healthy Bradford, Dalvin Cook and the improving passing game, hopes in pre-season were still pretty high around here, at least from my perspective.

They have a nice 3 year window of opportunity here, we’ll see if they piss it away.

Agreed, then they lost those two, hopes were gone. The season has basically been a miracle.

Agreed, then they lost those two, hopes were gone. The season has basically been a miracle.

Not really. Even after losing Bradford and Cook they still have a top 3 roster in the NFL. They're just really good and built really well for the immediate future.

Not really. Even after losing Bradford and Cook they still have a top 3 roster in the NFL. They're just really good and built really well for the immediate future.

Oh man, if you believe this, then yes, your sorrow will be quite satisfying. You are to the hilt on this one. I had a bil telling me during the GB game how great Thielen is and that he wouldn't trade him for any receive in the league, and I thought he had it bad.

Oh man, if you believe this, then yes, your sorrow will be quite satisfying. You are to the hilt on this one. I had a bil telling me during the GB game how great Thielen is and that he wouldn't trade him for any receive in the league, and I thought he had it bad.

You should watch NFL shows or listen to podcasts, several people who cover the league have said as much including Cian Fahey, Field Yates and Tim Hasselback. They have the best defense in the NFL and a top 10 offense. No idea why you wouldn't believe that, but given your posts in here it's not surprising.

Agree. After week 5 it was quite bleak around here. Cook was out, Bradford flopped coming back too early and it looked like Keenum was...Keenum.

Reactions: HKI
Pretty easy for him not to get called, just wait for the catch and tackle him. Time was out.

Actually, I think there was still 2 or 3 seconds on the clock when he caught it. I believe he could have caught and stepped out of bounds right away and there still would have been time to attempt a FG. By the time though he ran to the end zone, time had expired.

In retrospect, the Saints DB should have let him make the catch and then tackle him, keeping him in bounds. But that is Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest.

No, time was not out. There is 5 seconds on the clock when Diggs feet hit the ground after catching it. He is about 2 yards from the sideline. He caught it at the 34. If he just waited for the catch and then tried to tackle him, it would have given Diggs a good chance to get out of bounds to set up a field goal. Hell, I was screaming, "get out of bounds, get out of bounds" at first.

Its still a crappy play by the safety, but its not as simple as everyone is making it out to be. If he had let Diggs bring it down safely before trying to make a play, then most likely the Vikings get a chance at a game winning field goal.

If I'm the other team, I take that chance. Last second field goals and playoff games haven't exactly been kind to Vikings fans :(

Not sure what the DB was thinking. He must have been trying to avoid either a PI or a targeting call. He kind of ducked down as Diggs began to leap.

What's impressive is Diggs' ability to mentally change gears and run it in. I would have just stepped out of bounds, as I'm sure he was instructed to..

Not-Impressed-e1516043949103.jpg

Reactions: ANYCHawk
I was saying the same thing to a buddy....

I think he was so intent on not getting called for interference he just got discombobulated or something.......
He was going for the big hit to knock the ball loose when a clean tackle would have been smarter. Four seconds to go, there's no way to get down and spike the ball to set up a field goal.

Meh...let Vikings fans have their honeymoon.

Right now if I had to admit I was rooting for someone, it's Jacksonville because of the "anybody but the Patriots" mindset (don't hate them and don't care really, just would like to see someone different).

If I had to "wish for any of the other 3" to win the SB though, it'd be the Vikings first, Jags second, Eagles third (Eagles got an NFL championship, rest don't).

But when it gets right down to it, I think they can start engraving Patriots on the Lombardi Trophy right now and get away with it...

I am immune from it. After 1998 I assume they will lose in gut wrenching fashion. I will be disappointed but at the end of the day win or lose I still go to work the next day.

Douche New Orleans coach was mocking the Skol chant right before walk off TD. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

No doubt it will crush people but I look at it like walking past a hot female guard on the way to the electric chair. Sure she is sexy but I know where I am headed.

The Skol chant is pretty dumb.

Reactions: Mattski
You should watch NFL shows or listen to podcasts, several people who cover the league have said as much including Cian Fahey, Field Yates and Tim Hasselback. They have the best defense in the NFL and a top 10 offense. No idea why you wouldn't believe that, but given your posts in here it's not surprising.
Have you been watching a lot of 'nfl shows' today? What are they saying now?

Congrats to the Vikings on a surprisingly great season and fun run in the playoffs. I am excited for the fans and their future as it is basically set in stone, as they will definitely want Keenum back and Thielen as their top receiver, right? No need to spend picks/FA on either position.

Meh. Still one of the 4 best teams in the NFL with a loaded roster. Could be worse, I guess.

Let me guess, you based "one of four best" entirely on the playoff result this year? You think that means anything for next year? I presume you are clamoring for a huge FA deal for Keenum, right?

Let me guess, you based "one of four best" entirely on the playoff result this year? You think that means anything for next year? I presume you are clamoring for a huge FA deal for Keenum, right?

That would be part of it. The other parts would be they won 14 games, and according to all data add statistics they had the best defense in the NFL and a top 10 offense. They were clearly one of the 4 best teams in the NFL according to actual facts. But enjoy having your opinion, you have every right to be wrong.

And of course that doesn't mean anything for next year since it's the NFL and no one knows what's going to happen. But, I'm happy they're pretty obviously one of the best teams in the league with one of the absolute best rosters. No, I don't want Case back on a large long-term contract, I actually understand football and what he is.

Reactions: HKI
That would be part of it. The other parts would be they won 14 games, and according to all data add statistics they had the best defense in the NFL and a top 10 offense. They were clearly one of the 4 best teams in the NFL according to actual facts. But enjoy having your opinion, you have every right to be wrong.

And of course that doesn't mean anything for next year since it's the NFL and no one knows what's going to happen. But, I'm happy they're pretty obviously one of the best teams in the league with one of the absolute best rosters. No, I don't want Case back on a large long-term contract, I actually understand football and what he is.
You do not know nearly as much about football as you think you do.

Reactions: WisestIowan
ADVERTISEMENT