ADVERTISEMENT

The more I think about it.

Purdue having their 2 gigantic centers guarding cmac

brilliant-guiness.gif

Connor has played 300 minutes this year. He's made 5 field goals and is shooting 17.9%. For those wondering, that's 1 field goal made per 60 minutes of game time.....

In 2009-10 John Lickliter played 175 minutes and amassed 12 made field goals. That's 1 field goal made per 15 minutes.

efe8e4972c05e7e1c534e5e64cc0d60b.gif

Connor has played 300 minutes this year. He's made 5 field goals and is shooting 17.9%. For those wondering, that's 1 field goal made per 60 minutes of game time.....

In 2009-10 John Lickliter played 175 minutes and amassed 12 made field goals. That's 1 field goal made per 15 minutes.

efe8e4972c05e7e1c534e5e64cc0d60b.gif
He’ll turn it around, just needs more time in the program.

Which coaches' son was worse; Little Lick, or Conner "Clank" McCaffery?

Connor with the teams of old, I didn't mind him playing the point or the 4. And that was because he was surrounded by a team where everyone else could shoot the three. Now Fran is playing at the 3 and with two guards that can't consistently shoot threes. That's three guys on the court who can't shoot outside. That's just wrong. There should always be at least three players who can shoot 3's. Fran is the bad guy, he's the one putting Connor in a position to fail. How can they not see what is so obvious.

I hate to bash on a player. From what I've seen on public media about Connor, he seems like a smart competitive guy, with a high basketball IQ. I hope he enters coaching, as I suspect he could be superior to his dad within about 5 years.

But, I will complain about coaching. Keegan should have started at the 4 all year last year, and Kris should have had all of the 3/4 back-up minutes. That team would have been much better on both defense and offense. I'm betting Luka could have caught a Murray pass as well as a McCaffery pass.

And this year, both Murrays should play 30+ per game. CMac maybe for an inbound with 5 seconds left. PMac for 20.

A line up I'd like to see for a significant amount of time. Not sure if this five man combination has ever seen the floor together.

Joe T.
Tony
Kris
Keegan
Rebraca

I've coached high school ball, with my own son on the team. Nepotism is very difficult to balance for a Dad/Coach. Fran is not doing it well.

I hate to bash on a player. From what I've seen on public media about Connor, he seems like a smart competitive guy, with a high basketball IQ. I hope he enters coaching, as I suspect he could be superior to his dad within about 5 years.

But, I will complain about coaching. Keegan should have started at the 4 all year last year, and Kris should have had all of the 3/4 back-up minutes. That team would have been much better on both defense and offense. I'm betting Luka could have caught a Murray pass as well as a McCaffery pass.

And this year, both Murrays should play 30+ per game. CMac maybe for an inbound with 5 seconds left. PMac for 20.

A line up I'd like to see for a significant amount of time. Not sure if this five man combination has ever seen the floor together.

Joe T.
Tony
Kris
Keegan
Rebraca

I've coached high school ball, with my own son on the team. Nepotism is very difficult to balance for a Dad/Coach. Fran is not doing it well.
Thinking about what could have been by tournament time last year makes me sick.

Yeah, there would have been a learning curve and maybe a lower seed but the upside in March would have been a final 4 caliber team.

Reactions: KcTo
Does anyone remember that we were picked for 10th in the conference and somehow we could have become a "final 4 caliber team." Holy crap, I can just hear all the accolades you guys would be pouring over McCaffery as he easily won B1G COY and was a finalist for National COY!

Does anyone remember that we were picked for 10th in the conference and somehow we could have become a "final 4 caliber team." Holy crap, I can just hear all the accolades you guys would be pouring over McCaffery as he easily won B1G COY and was a finalist for National COY!
Have not seen that posted except by you. Most folks would just like to finish in top half BIG and make the NCAA this year.

Last year dumb ass. You know, when we had the national player of the year?

And 3 other future nba guys on the roster.

Fran is many things. He's a pretty good recruiter. He's very good at coaching an effective and efficient offense. He's also loyal to a fault and his defenses are nearly as bad as his offense is good. The odds of him ever becoming a National COY aren't much higher than mine. So no, I don't think we need to discuss the accolades he'd be receiving with that honor.

He still should be getting a lot more minutes. Do you think JBo or Cmac should be playing over him?
Absolutely not! What I’m saying is with this fan base it doesn’t matter who ever else takes over will all the sudden the problem.

Well, they were a 2 seed...... Most 2 seeds are given a chance at making a run. 😆
I watched every game last year. If you didn't think a 2 seed was a joke for us you must not have seen any games last season.
Seriously, who thought they were anywhere close to that good?

Who on earth was thinking we were a final 4 team? 🤣🤣🤣
Well obviously no one if two of your starters are Jbo and Connor.

If an unbiased coach got ahold of Iowas roster last year they would have started Toussaint Keegan and Kris with JW and Luka and thats a legitimate final 4 caliber team.

Nunge, CJ and Perkins off the bench.

Well obviously no one if two of your starters are Jbo and Connor.

If an unbiased coach got ahold of Iowas roster last year they would have started Toussaint Keegan and Kris with JW and Luka and thats a legitimate final 4 caliber team.

Nunge, CJ and Perkins off the bench.
If said unbiased coach preached defense that is a solid lineup. Unfortunately, we have an ABA coach who seems offended by defense.

Thinking about what could have been by tournament time last year makes me sick.

Yeah, there would have been a learning curve and maybe a lower seed but the upside in March would have been a final 4 caliber team.
Fran started CMac, Jobo and CJ , 2 of which were injured, over Keegan in that game…

has their ever been a greater player-use coaching blunder in the history of Iowa BB…?

this is nearly an impeachable offense

Joe T.
Tony
Kris
Keegan
Rebraca

CMAC at the 4 year....that lineup got abused defensively.....Keegan over CMAC at the 4 made that team a lot better last year. Keegan got into foul trouble a lot---Kris could have come in and had the same defensive/rebounding impact backing up Keegan at the 4. The reason Kris didn't play last year is he would have taken away CMAC minutes at 4 and probably outshone PMAC at the 3. Seeing Kris with no hope of getting any PT last year was pretty sad.

When you coach your own kids, you still owe it to the other young men you have recruited to give them a fair chance to compete on merit. Fran also owes it to his employer and the fans that follow the team to coach on merit.

We are never going to see the best lineups this year because Fran knows he has a secure contract and Barta will not pressure him. There is an obvious rule in Fran's substituitions that at least one of Fran's boys has to be playing at all meaningful playing minutes.

PMAC is a solid offensive player, not efficient shooter, but he can get his own shot. PMAC doesn't play defense because FRan doesn't ask him to defend or rebound.. Look at his foul count--he never is in foul trouble because he's never close on defense. Murrays both pick up fouls becuase they actually hustle.

CMAC is a great effort guy...unfortunately can't shoot. Not CMACs fault his papa is reliving his own playing days through his boys.

ADVERTISEMENT