ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA is Starting to Look Very Interesting

pablow

HR Legend
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2010
125 - Arujau/Suriano final could be epic

133 - ADS is going to beat someone. Mark my words.

141 - the return of the Riddler.

149 - Gomez is looking tough. I wasn't expecting what he did to Sasso - could give Yianni some trouble. Max is looking sooooo tough.

157 - who cares.

165 - quarters, semis, and finals will be gold. Just pure entertainment here.

174 - Starocci is such a fighter, but Mehki, Hidlay, and Kem. Wow!

184 - Amine looked to be a better wrestler than Brooks. Will Cael resort to his rope-a-dope SV win strategy? Another Hidlay lurking.

197 - all the talking heads say wide open. I think it's Dean's to lose. Warner can ruin anyone's day - maybe he'll knock someone off. Dean's mustache is horrible.

285 - hopefully Cass gets #3 seed and Parris and Kerk are on Gable's side.

All and all, I think this is going to be a very competitive and exciting tournament. Can't wait.

Hope they keep JB away from the mike. He's so boring.

Last edited:

149 - Gomez is looking tough. I wasn't expecting what he did to Sasso - could give Yianni some trouble. Max is looking sooooo tough.

157 - who cares.

184 - Amine looked to be a better wrestler than Brooks. Will Cael resort to his rope-a-dope SV win strategy? Another Hidlay lurking.

197 - all the talking heads say wide open. I think it's Dean's to lose. Warner can ruin anyone's day - maybe he'll knock someone off. Dean's mustache is horrible.

All and all, I think this is going to be a very competitive and exciting tournament. Can't wait.

Haha I made this joke yesterday after Brooks lost. Cael about to teach him the ol “do nothing until the last 30 seconds of the match” approach before NCAAs.

For HW, i think they should do a 6 or 8 guy tourney to see who gets GS, then after GS wins that they line up the rest of the field and Gable sees how many guys he can take out before he gasses. I bet he gets at least the bottom 8 before he does..

Reactions: johnyt9
Haha I made this joke yesterday after Brooks lost. Cael about to teach him the ol “do nothing until the last 30 seconds of the match” approach before NCAAs.
That'll be most every PSU match if there's any hint of it being a tough match for their guys.

157 - who cares.

Like I said, Starocci's stall ride is impressive.

Heck if we’re looking for new commentators or interviewers who would be better than gable. He’s not gonna pull any punches.
I’ve been as frustrated with young as any just cuz you see the talent at times. I sure hope he finds the top half of the podium and kicking berge from tourney would be a bonus.

Big12 broadcast had a Perry I thought. He was great.
Was that Mark Perry's Dad? He did do a good job I thought, and he referenced his Son wrestling at Iowa several times (but never said his Son's name), and said it was when Tom Brands was an assistant, and Doug Schwab too I think. So it sure could have been him.

I never caught his name, didn't start watching until 133 and never caught the announcers names. Even did a search and got nothing. Kept thinking "is this guy a Trizzino or something". Ha! Never made the Perry connection but it makes sense.

Heck if we’re looking for new commentators or interviewers who would be better than gable. He’s not gonna pull any punches.
I’ve been as frustrated with young as any just cuz you see the talent at times. I sure hope he finds the top half of the podium and kicking berge from tourney would be a bonus.
It's pretty obvious the plan is ultra aware of shot defense and they game plan a TD or 2 either shot or counter shot to win the match. The elite guys like Taylor just did their thing but in close matchups it's defense and a TD and count on stalling not getting called in the circle.

Someone needs to let Ray know that rings don't fit in the category of "the more, the better". Choose one for each hand, maximum, and call it a day.

Reactions: 24 so far
Gable was rough doing commentary. Probably had something to do with him always thinking like a coach or wrestler rather than a commentator. That mindset is tough to break.

Not sure who is going to be the next gen of Big10 and possibly NCAA announcing crew but it's nearing time to put Johnson and Gibbons out to pasture. I'd be OK with a duo of Sparks and JB but please God no Flores!

Looking at the intermat rankings if they were the ncaa seeds. I think Iowa would win it. Only based on matchups. Would need an upset or two but I like their rankings. It’s not gonna work out that way but here’s to hoping.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT