ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA is Starting to Look Very Interesting

I really think they should use Mark Ironside and his partner. Neither are bias and Mark does get excited and does a great job!!!!!!

Reactions: bammhawk1
125 - Arujau/Suriano final could be epic

133 - ADS is going to beat someone. Mark my words.

141 - the return of the Riddler.

149 - Gomez is looking tough. I wasn't expecting what he did to Sasso - could give Yianni some trouble. Max is looking sooooo tough.

157 - who cares.

165 - quarters, semis, and finals will be gold. Just pure entertainment here.

174 - Starocci is such a fighter, but Mehki, Hidlay, and Kem. Wow!

184 - Amine looked to be a better wrestler than Brooks. Will Cael resort to his rope-a-dope SV win strategy? Another Hidlay lurking.

197 - all the talking heads say wide open. I think it's Dean's to lose. Warner can ruin anyone's day - maybe he'll knock someone off. Dean's mustache is horrible.

285 - hopefully Cass gets #3 seed and Parris and Kerk are on Gable's side.

All and all, I think this is going to be a very competitive and exciting tournament. Can't wait.

Hope they keep JB away from the mike. He's so boring.

Disagree strongly on JB. Also I’ll b rooting hard for KY, he’s given so much to the program and I’d love to see his sacrifices rewarded on the medal stand. Also, if we get Carr v Deakin that’s must see viewing IMHO. Every weight is loaded, I’m looking forward to a great tourney. Let’s heal up and get it done hawks!

Last edited:
Am I the only one that can't stand Shane sparks? How can a professional commentator consistently pluralize Penn states, Ohio states, big tens. When he pluralized Wisconsin's Barnett to barnetts, I lost my mind. I'll take JB over that nonsense any day

Was that Mark Perry's Dad? He did do a good job I thought, and he referenced his Son wrestling at Iowa several times (but never said his Son's name), and said it was when Tom Brands was an assistant, and Doug Schwab too I think. So it sure could have been him.

I never caught his name, didn't start watching until 133 and never caught the announcers names. Even did a search and got nothing. Kept thinking "is this guy a Trizzino or something". Ha! Never made the Perry connection but it makes sense.
yes it was.

I really think they should use Mark Ironside and his partner. Neither are bias and Mark does get excited and does a great job!!!!!!
LOVE Mark & Steve, but to say that they don't have a bias shows yours, and also mine. The diference is, I don't try to hide it.
What I do is turn on the video from some other source, and then listen to Ironside and Grace on KXIC, although the lag between the audio and the video is not the best. I need to find away to delay one of them to make them match up.

There is always a guy who gets a ridiculously good seed, way higher than they should be. Who will that be this year?Hendrickson Air Force Heavy 24-0. Ranked 6 by Intermat. 149 Milner Appalachian St. 19-1, ranked 6 by Intermat.
who gets the 1 seed at 165. Wick or O’Toole? Real Woods at 141 ranked 5 does he get a 2 or 3 seed? Will Hidlay at 184, 17-0 get the #1 seed because Brooks and Amine split their matches? Does Hildebrandt get seeded above Ayala, or, will they have to wrestle first round?
Anyway, there will be some head scratchers for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT