ADVERTISEMENT

The New Guys(QB),....continuing with Drew Cook.

HawktimusPrime

HR Legend
Mar 23, 2015
maxresdefault.jpg

Drew Cook, whose father is Hawkeye legend Marv Cook is the other QB recruited to Iowa in 2015.

He put on 15 pounds of muscle in the summer, then accounted for 3,276 yards of total offense and 50 touchdowns as a senior.

Cook passed for 2,504 yards and 31 touchdowns last fall while completing 65 percent of his passes and leading Regina to a 13-1 record and fourth consecutive state title.

Ranked as a three-star prospect as an athlete by Rivals and a four-star recruit and No. 27 athlete in the country by ESPN, Cook said he is going to Iowa with the intention of playing quarterback.

"I'm super excited to go in as quarterback and I'm really looking forward to improving as a quarterback showing people what I can do on the field," he said. "It's going to be a new chapter in my life and it's going to be hard. It's not going to be easy, but there are a lot of fun times ahead and I'm really looking forward to that."

In two seasons as a prep quarterback, Cook passed for 5,406 yards and 56 touchdowns while throwing only six interceptions.

His father said he thinks that can translate to the next level, though he acknowledged that decision is for the Iowa coaching staff to make.

"Who knows what the future brings, but 6-foot-5, 220 pounds can run, can throw, reads defenses, can throw the ball where it needs to get. I'm excited," Marv Cook said. "But if it doesn't work out, he can catch, he can run, he can do other things. He just wants to be a Hawkeye."-quote from an article

This post was edited on 4/2 12:04 PM by HawktimusPrime

Highlights from his Junior year.

Here is a player the coaches can develop into something special IMO. He looks like a future AA TE to me but I am intrigued by the possibility of an big and agile QB. Not sure what kind of arm he has. I'm a little surprised he wasn't more highly recruited based on his athletic ability alone. I suspect there was a certain understanding that Drew would eventually sign with Iowa. I'm glad he is on board and look forward to his development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT