ADVERTISEMENT

The New WBB Recruiting Thread

right there shows you we have an open scholarship.
That article is from April of 2014. McKenna initially gave a verbal to Kansas State in 2013. I don't think that decision effects the class of 2016.

Last edited:
Promising future
Count Mike Thibault among those who believe Samantha Logic is going to be a top-notch WNBA player.

Logic, a former Case High School standout and a University of Iowa All-American, was chosen by the Atlanta Dream with the 10th overall selection in the recent WNBA draft

“I’ve seen her play quite a bit,” said Thibault, the head coach of the WNBA’s Washington Mystics and a former Milwaukee Bucks assistant coach. “She’ll have to adjust to the speed of the game, but she can score and she’s a top-end passer. I think she’ll be a pretty good pro.”

Under the WNBA’s rookie scale, Logic, a 5-foot-9 point guard, will be paid $40,992 for the upcoming season, $41,812 for the 2016-17 season and $45,994 for the 2017-18 season.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/woel...cle_adedd971-5639-5be3-b0d2-c798dd5c0109.html

Here is a link that explains the Nike EYBL circuit. The Boo Williams event was Round 1. Next they split the 32 teams, half go to Nashville and half go to Chicago. The link includes the team records for the weekend and pictures of a couple players from each tea,.
For All Iowa Attack they show Jinaya Houston and Drake recruit Becca Hittner.. Michigan Crossover shows Alexis Sevillian. Midwest Elite shows Bre Cera and Iowa target Sidney Cooks http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/1207-nike-eybl-round-one

Reactions: HIWILLE
Let me preface this by saying that I don't think the site I'm going to quote is all that accurate, but ProspectNation has all four of Iowa's 2016 verbals as 4 Stars, and the class ranked at #7 in the country.
Alexis Sevillian
Makenzie Meyer
Amanda Ollinger
Bre Cera

Reactions: ant80
Let me preface this by saying that I don't think the site I'm going to quote is all that accurate, but ProspectNation has all four of Iowa's 2016 verbals as 4 Stars, and the class ranked at #7 in the country.
Alexis Sevillian
Makenzie Meyer
Amanda Ollinger
Bre Cera

The ranking has something to do with the number of recruits Iowa received already compared to some other teams. But still, it sounds nice. Iowa's 2015 class, also with 4 recruits, is ranked 34th on the same site. It seems to me Iowa's '15 class has bigger names than the '16 one, but maybe the site is looking at potentials.

Last edited:
I have thought, in the past, that Prospect Nation has undervalued Iowa's recruits. So I was surprised to see them ranked that high.

I've seen these 4 play and I think the Iowa fans are going to love to see the 2016 class play. Tough, aggressive and high bball I.Q.

The 2014 class (Jennings, Coley, Mohns, and Buttenham) still ha a lot more talent that they didn't get to show, due to playing behind some all time seniors.
Add in a Top 20 2015 class and this 2016 class, and the Hawks will be fun to watch for years to come.

I have thought, in the past, that Prospect Nation has undervalued Iowa's recruits. So I was surprised to see them ranked that high.
Oak what do you think of Blue Star Basketball?
For 2016 they have Sevillian, Cera, & Meyer ranked 58,67,79. They have yet to rank Ollinger for some reason. For 2015 they didn't have Stewart or Gustafson ranked for some reason either but had Tania & Tagyn ranked 69 & 282.

I guess, to me, that Blue Star is a lot like ESPN Hoopgurlz. The evaluations are pretty good and the rankings are a little arbitrary, but overall not bad. However, they don;t see everyone and base their rankings on how the players do at big AAU events. So a good weekend can really boost a player, but if you don't have a good week , or have an injury, you either don't get ranked or evaluated, or get ranked lower that you should. If you play in the Midwest, you have to play at the big AAU events. The high school games don't get scouted like they use to for recruiting sites.
A great example is Hannah Stewart. Just from her HS games she got a few minor offers. Then she decided to play for North Tartan AAU and played at a national AAU event. After that she suddenly was top 100 and had 20 major offers.

The National 16U team invited 35 players to try out. these are girls from 2017 and 2018. Madison Treece was one of the 2017s.
Some 2018 players from Iowa's recruiting area include:
Ayoka Lee, 6-5 post from Byron , Mn.
Christianna Carr, 6-0 G/F from Eden Prairie , Mn. I think her dad is the coach.
Lindsey Jarosinski, 6-4 post from Medinah, Il.
Katlyn Gilbert, 5-10 G from Indianapolis , Ind. She gave a verbal to Evansville as a 7th grader, but Is open now (I think).

Madison Treece is a 6-4 center. Four Star by ESPN.

Best of...March Mayhem

Madison Treece, 6'4" 2017 Center
Treece is traveling up from Missouri to play up a year on All Iowa Attack's EYBL group, and her impact is going to give them an added dimension on the interior. Treece uses her size well for a younger player, battles on the block, can keep offensive posts away from the hoop, and offensively is comfortable working down low with nimble footwork, or squaring up and flashing a mid-range jumper. Great prospect who will have Power 5 conference opportunities abounding in the near future.

Last edited:
20150219_RockBridge_TN_03_t_w600_h3000.jpg

Rock Bridge forward Madison Treece drives past forward Jalee Johnson Thursday night at Rock Bridge High School. Treece scored 12 of the Bruins' 53 points.

J see the link also has profiles on Amanda Ollinger, Makenzie Meyer, and Ashley Joens.

Tania Davis appears to be recovered from her knee and hamstring troubles. She is spending time working with her former teammate, Alexis Sevillian, helping with AAu. In about a month the new crew should start arriving, and GTL will begin

Talked to Tania at Boo Williams. What a great kid! She seems to be healthy and ready to get back at it. She certainly is looking forward to getting started with the Iowa program!

Reactions: nattybumpo
It is AAU season......this weekend it was the Boo Williams Nike Invitational in Hampton Va.
Bre Cera is playing for Midwest Elite, the AAU program that gave us Sam Logic and Melissa Dixon.
Alexis Sevillian plays for Michigan Crossover.
Makenzie Meyer and Amanda Ollinger play for All Iowa Attack. Also on the same team are two 2017s, playing up a grade, Jinaya Houston of Davenport and Madison Treece of Columbia , Missouri. A couple of Hawkeye possible targets.
I can tell you that Houston is not a possible target. I believe she is Lisa's top target for 2017. She blew up at Boo Williams. She is now being recruited by some very strong programs. Iowa State also offered before this tourney because they knew she was about to blow up and wanted her to know they were serious.

Reactions: BARhawks
Houston is not a possible target? Iowa won 27 and 26 the last two years. They were ranked #11 in the nation in the last Coaches poll. They are a top program in their own right.

I thought when Makenzie finally got noticed by ESPN that she would get ranked. She is a solid all around player.
Blue Star has Makenzie at #79, Bre at #67, and Alexis #58. Amanda isn't ranked.
Prospect Nation has all four as 4 Stars and the class ranked as #7 in the country.

Houston is not a possible target? Iowa won 27 and 26 the last two years. They were ranked #11 in the nation in the last Coaches poll. They are a top program in their own right.
I should have capitalized - she is not a POSSIBLE target...she is Bluder's TOP target for that class. In other words, she is most definitely being recruited by Iowa. Iowa is definitely in play for her. Sorry about the confusion.

ESPN updated their 2016 Top 60 rankings:
Ollinger remains at #30 (4* & overall 94 score)

Makenzie Meyer moves in at #57 (4* & overall 91 score) - 14th best PG.

Bre Cera & Alexis Sevillian remain on the Top 100 Watch List as 3* players with overall scores of 90 & 89.

M'caela Sellers of CR Kennedy dropped out of the Top 60

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2016

Bre Cera is still ranked as the #11 W, which most years would put her overall ranking in the 60-70 range, so she is very likely a top 100 player.

Oak, do you know when ESPN will expand their 2016 rankings to 100?

I'm not sure when the rest of the 2016 rankings will come out.
For the 2015s, Tania Davis is #36, Megan Gustafson is #81, and Hannah Stewart is #83.

Bre Cera is still ranked as the #11 W, which most years would put her overall ranking in the 60-70 range, so she is very likely a top 100 player.

Oak, do you know when ESPN will expand their 2016 rankings to 100?
Last year the rankings expanded to the top 100 late in the year after the fall signing period ended.

I'm not sure when the rest of the 2016 rankings will come out.
For the 2015s, Tania Davis is #36, Megan Gustafson is #81, and Hannah Stewart is #83.
Nice bump in the rankings for each of them. They had been #93 & #98 until recently.

The National 16U team invited 35 players to try out. these are girls from 2017 and 2018. Madison Treece was one of the 2017s.
Some 2018 players from Iowa's recruiting area include:
Ayoka Lee, 6-5 post from Byron , Mn.
Christianna Carr, 6-0 G/F from Eden Prairie , Mn. I think her dad is the coach.
Lindsey Jarosinski, 6-4 post from Medinah, Il.
Katlyn Gilbert, 5-10 G from Indianapolis , Ind. She gave a verbal to Evansville as a 7th grader, but Is open now (I think).

Thirty-five Athletes Accept Invitations To Attend 2015 USA Basketball Women's U16 National Team Trials

Trials will take place May 21-25 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

The 12 players for the 2015 USA Women’s U16 National Team, or finalists for the team, will be announced on May 25.

The selected 12-member team will return to Colorado Springs for training camp June 14-22, before departing for the FIBA Americas U16 Championship that will be held June 24-28 in Puebla, Mexico.

Last edited:
All Iowa stumbled out of the gate with a three point loss to the Miami Suns before reeling off four straight wins by 15.75 points per game. As a team they shot 46 percent from the field and turned it over just 14 times a game. Rebecca Hittner shot 60 percent on her way to a 13 point average. Madison Treece, a 2017 grad, added 11 points and six rebounds from the post and classmate Jinaya Houston contributed 10.8 points on 53 percent shooting. Amanda Ollinger led the way on the glass at 8 rebounds per game.
Blue Star report from AAU.

Some assessments for future Hawk targets...
Destiny Pitts, 5’9 Guard, Michigan Crossover EYBL (Detroit Country Day) – Thick bodied guard, plays best off the ball. Solid outside shot, but prefers to get to the basket. Good defensively, plays the passing lanes well. Rebounds against bigs. Would fit well in a run-n-gun system. BCS schools should inquire.
Arieal Scott, 5’9 Guard, Gym Rats Silver EYBL (Schlarman Academy) – Pure shooter, with a solid frame. Has some bounce to her game, decent handle. Not a defensive liability. Plays with a high motor. BCS level shooter that would fit well in the Big Ten.

And one for 2019
Breanna Beal, 6’1 Forward, Midwest Elite 15U EYBL (Rock Island) – One of my favorite players from the event, Beal showed the ability to score with ease from the free throw line in. Has the capability to shoot from three, but needs to become more consistent. Over powers older players when going for rebounds. Has the potential to become an impact player at the BCS level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT