ADVERTISEMENT

The New WBB Recruiting Thread

Jeannie Boehm 6-3 PF 2016 has verbally pledged to Harvard University. Plays HS at New Trier IL.

An assessment of Madison Treece from the USA 16U try outs....

Posts that can shoot the three can change the game and that is something Madison Treece of Columbia, Mo., brings to the court. She possesses the frame to defend true posts, has the strength and hands to do some work inside but a slow closeout could result in three points with her consistent touch from long range.

And one for 2019
Breanna Beal, 6’1 Forward, Midwest Elite 15U EYBL (Rock Island) – One of my favorite players from the event, Beal showed the ability to score with ease from the free throw line in. Has the capability to shoot from three, but needs to become more consistent. Over powers older players when going for rebounds. Has the potential to become an impact player at the BCS level.
This girl will be one of the top players in the nation before she is done. I think she is going to end up playing at Davenport Central. I have seen her play numerous times. She can play all 5 positions. She can shoot from deep. She would have started for any high school team in Iowa as a 7th grader. I believe Brea will have her pick of colleges when all is said and done. She will be UCONN good. Good kid and a dominant basketball player.

Both players were solid. They won easily so there was a continuous clock for the whole second half. Alexis played good defense and floor game. Destiny hit back-to-back 3s.
Their game tomorrow should also be streamed.

Just watched Midwest Elite play Team Takeover. Was nice to see Bre Cera play against another guard going to a big ten team...Maryland. Both players extremely physical...Team Takeover face guarded Cera the entire game so offensively for Midwest elite they played 4 on 4. Where Cera was OUTSTANDING was her defensive play...refs had to break the two up at one point because of the aggressiveness of both through the entire game.
I saw Cera play first two games where she scored 13 and 12 points respectively going 5 of 6 from three point line and attacking baseline. Tough, tough kid.

It was a game where a lot of physical play was allowed. Midwest Elite had Bre act as a decoy for much of the game because they were draped all over her without fouls being called.. They tried to work the ball inside to Sidney Cooks and the other post , a NW recruit.
They will play again tomorrow at 10:30 am Eastern, I think.

With the way they played defense against Bre it tells you a little about how she has been playing down here, but her defense has been so solid. With her frame being 5'10" and long, along with being able to move laterally to close off driving lanes the way she does makes it difficult for teams to penetrate to get to the middle to create multiple opportunities to score. I think people fail to realize how important it is to have someone that can shut down penetration without help unless there's a screen.

I watched the late game. Indy Gym Rats won. 2018 G Arieal Scott got good minutes playing for the Rats against 2016s. She looked like she belonged a couple years up.

Jeannie Boehm 6-3 PF 2016 has verbally pledged to Harvard University. Plays HS at New Trier IL.

This is disappointing but not surprising. Is there any other 2016's that Iowa may still be recruiting? I noticed that M'Caela Sellers is playing for North Tartan along with Minnesota native and recent Wisconsin verbal pledge Courtney Frederickson and another commit to Iowa State. I like what I saw of her in the videos but Iowa seemingly has depth at her position and wonder if there is any mutual interest. If Iowa does not add anyone to the 2016 class, they would have three scholarships open for 2017.

Can watch Elite division championship game between Kentucky premier and Midwest Elite on the Midwest showdown Web site.

I watched it last night. Looked like everyones legs were gone after 3 days of game after game after game. Bre again played good defense and showed poise on the court. They lost a back and forth game to a Kentucky team that featured a UCONN and a Notre Dame verbal.

Reactions: ant80
If Beal plays at Davenport Central, that program just cashed the jackpot. 1-21 last year.

If Beal plays at Davenport Central, that program just cashed the jackpot. 1-21 last year.
Yep. I hear they are waiting for an Illinois AAU coach to complete her Iowa coaching certification before they announce, and then Brea's dad will be on the staff. I wouldn't be surprised if other kids from Davenport/Rock Island start moving around the next year or two.

Arieal Scott photo from her visit during the Indiana game. Got her Iowa offer.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B98WtYeIAAExa4v.jpg:large

I'll throw this in....
Arieal Scott, 5’9 Guard, Gym Rats Silver EYBL (Schlarman Academy) – Pure shooter, with a solid frame. Has some bounce to her game, decent handle. Not a defensive liability. Plays with a high motor. BCS level shooter that would fit well in the Big Ten. She was 1st team All State as a FR. HS Final Four three point contest participant.

Last edited:
Congrats to Tania! Next year's squad will now have three Parade All Americans, Tania, Ally Disterhoft, and Whit Jennings.

Reactions: BDinIC
Although I'm not 100% certain, I believe Iowa has offers out to Sidney Cooks, Madison Treece, and Destiny Pitts for three.
Abby Emmert hinted there might be a slim chance of an addition for 2016.

The incoming FR should be arriving around June 10th. They will all be enrolling for Summer School and playing in the Game Time League. There will be 6 teams in the GTL this year so only 12 Hawks can play. The NCAA also counts incoming FR in the total, and they have to be enrolled in a class. It use to be that they didn't count against the total. The Hawks have 14 players. Kali Peschel is in Spain and Ally Disterhoft is recovering from surgery on her wrist. So I'm guessing they will be the two that won/t play.
There is some good news on Ally Disterhoft. She has her cast off and has been cleared to shoot. So she is well ahead of schedule with her recovery. When they went in to repair her torn tendon they found another had frayed and fixed that too. She had an amazing season considering she dealt with that injury to her shooting hand all tear, and that she played the last six weeks of the season with the tear. But she toughed it out because she didn't want to miss the magic of their year.
The FR will be Tania Davis, Hannah Stewart, Tagyn Larson, and Meagan Gustafson. Megan just took 3rd in the shot put at the state track meet. So she has some strength.:):)

GTL draft is June 14th , with first games on June 17th. There will be two early games at 6 and a single game at 7:30. At North Liberty.

Thanks Oak for all of the updates. This thread was drifting out of sight, so we need to keep it up there.

Yes, thank you Oak for all your time and efforts keeping this thread alive. You truly are the lifeblood of the Iowa WBB forum. Also thanks to BGHAWK and everyone else that contributes to this thread. I really appreciate it.

All patronizing aside, it has been noted in previous comments, but I just want to reemphasize that Iowa 2017 recruit(s) Madison Treece (and Jinaya Houston) play on the same AAU team (All Iowa Attack 16U Nike) as Amanda Ollinger and Makenzie Meyer while 2017 recruit Sydney Cooks is playing on the same Midwest Elite team as Breanna Cera. Finally, I believe Destiny Pitts plays for Michigan Crossover with Alexis Sevillian. So hopefully the current 2016 verbal commits can persuade the 2017's to join them at Iowa.

Oak, do you think the last possible 2016 recruit could be M'Caela Sellers? I liked what I saw of her in the video clips. Also, she reminds me of Theairra Taylor.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you Oak for all your time and efforts keeping this thread alive. You truly are the lifeblood of the Iowa WBB forum. Also thanks to BGHAWK and everyone else that contributes to this thread. I really appreciate it.

All patronizing aside, it has been noted in previous comments, but I just want to reemphasize that Iowa 2017 recruit(s) Madison Treece (and Jinaya Houston) play on the same AAU team (All Iowa Attack 16U Nike) as Amanda Olinger and Makenzie Meyer while 2017 recruit Sydney Cooks is playing on the same Midwest Elite team as Breanna Cera. Finally, I believe Destiny Pitts plays for Michigan Crossover with Alexis Sevillian. So hopefully the current 2016 verbal commits can persuade the 2017's to join them at Iowa.

Oak, do you think the last possible 2016 recruit could be M'Caela Sellers? I liked what I saw of her in the video clips. Also, she reminds me of Theairra Taylor.

I'm not sure who the 2016 possibility is for sure but I was thinking of a shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT