ADVERTISEMENT

The new wind turbine offer sheet is in.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I have no idea why some people in rural areas get wadded up over wind turbines. A parcel of land the wife inherited is in a prime location for the expansion of an existing wind farm now that increased transmission capacity has been added. The turbine would go up in 2024 with a first year payment of $25,000. That increases to $40,500 at the end of the 30 year contract. 1.5 acres is lost to production, and there are promises of tile replacement, and crop loss in the first 4 years of the contract due to issues related to construction.
It amazes me when I go through wind farm country to see signs opposing the projects. For the wife and I it would just be a nice little bit of money, but for rural families it's a tremendous boost. Just talking to my wife's uncle who still lives in the area of the wind farm he told me that quite a few families have helped to anchor their finances with turbine payments. Lot's of old widows with few turbines raking in the cash.
CSB, but it's efficient, clean (Yes, they have issues that need to be resolved with components), and it puts money into the pockets of the locals. I don't see the downside.

Reactions: Torg
If I remember your subtle brag about marrying money from the past the land is in Indiana? Do you live in Indiana? Near the wind farm?
Most my customers who bark about turbines are concerned about looking at them and listening to them. Thus they literally “see the downside”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT