ADVERTISEMENT

***** The Official Championship Saturday Thread! *****

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
It's a pigskin smorgasbord on tap today! Here's the lineup:

Big 12 - Noon - ABC - Baylor vs. Oklahoma in Arlington TX (OU Wins 30-23 in OT)

Sun Belt - Noon - ESPN - Louisiana at Appalachian State (Appy wins 45-38)

MAC - Noon - ESPN2 - Miami (OH) vs. Central Michigan in Detroit (Miami wins 26-21)

Conference USA - 1:30 p.m. - CBSSN - UAB at FAU (Lane Kiffin's farewell game?) (Lane Train wins 49-6)

American Athletic - 3:30 p.m. - ABC - Cincinnati at Memphis (didn't we do this last week?) (Memphis wins 29-24.... farewell game for Norvell?)

SEC - 4 p.m. - CBS - Georgia vs. LSU in Atlanta (LSU wins 37-10)

Mountain West - 4 p.m. - ESPN - Hawaii at Boise State (Broncos win 31-10)

Southwest Athletic - 4 p.m. - ESPNU - Southern at Alcorn State (Alcorn wins 39-24)

ACC - 7:30 p.m. - Virginia vs. Clemson in Charlotte (Sunshine won 62-17)

B10 - 8 p.m. - Ohio State vs. Wisconsin in Indianapolis (tOSU won by whatever... I'm going to bed)

What a menu!

Last edited:
Hoping Byrce Perkins and Virginia can pull the upset.

For those who don't know, Bryce's dad is Bruce Perkins, who is from Waterloo.

Would that be the grandson of Don Perkins - Dallas Cowboys?
Don_perkins_cowboys.jpg

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
That was a tremendous game in the Big 12 championship. Not that it definitely would've altered the outcome, but that facemask penalty in OT was a killer

If LSU wins, we’re going to have three grad transfer QBs in the Playoff. The grad transfer rule sucks.

Got the PiP going with the Memphis game and the SEC Championship game. The volume is up for the AAC because I can't handle listening to Gary Danielson.

Reactions: cmanole
If LSU wins, we’re going to have three grad transfer QBs in the Playoff. The grad transfer rule sucks.
I think it sucks because we can’t get an oline good enough to convince one to come to Tallahassee that is worth it.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
LSUs defense sucks. Dawgs have dropped three passes and Fromme has missed wide open guys two other times.

I really think either Clemson or OSU will score 60 points on them. Of course, it might take that many to beat them because their offense is excellent.

LSU shows you it’s a QB game. And FSU hasn’t recruited one in 2 years.

The SEC game was boring AF.

I wonder how many SEC CH losses the UGA boosters will tolerate. Kirby Smart is going to be the Bud Grant/Marv Levy of the SEC.

Wisconsin is giving the Buckeyes a fight.
Guess it doesnt matter though, as all the talking heads I heard today said OhSt would still be in with a loss and Wisconsin wouldn't jump Oklahoma

LSU is a HUGE Wisky fan right now, OK would be a much better first rd opponent than Clempson

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT