ADVERTISEMENT

*****The official season 7 episode 2 GoT thread

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I'm watching episode one now to get primed for tonight's episode. Forget the Cubs/Cardinals for a bit.

The last two times we have seen Littlefinger he has looked unhappy with his station. About time for him to start something.

Ellaria and Yara needed about one more hour together before Euron struck.
Theon had better redeem himself at some point.
I'm also intrigued by Arya going north.

Just the iron born...they were supossed to pick up the Dornish army and then go to Kings Landing...Dothraki and Unsullied to Castlee Rock
Does this mean the Dornish will be under the power of the Lannisters? I can't imagine they will fight against them with their queen held hostage.

You know...this show has created some of the most awkward, hard to watch sex scenes in tv history...and you know something bad is going to happen right afterwards...

Reactions: lucas80
Does this mean the Dornish will be under the power of the Lannisters? I can't imagine they will fight against them with their queen held hostage.
Is she really the queen? She was the little prince's hooker. I bet she only counted when she was in charge.

When Sam was cutting that grey scale stuff and the goo was shooting out I squirmed a little. I cannot tell a lie. When they cut to the eating scene I thought it was a giant pus ball of mayo or something.

No, that was all Greyjoy's fleet to go the Dorn to go to Kings landing. Dothraki are on their way to Casterly Rock.
They going cross country?
What happened to Grandma Tyrell?
Yara would have her whole fleet together going south, correct?

-Dany needs a smack down, she's becoming quite arrogant.

-Messandei....damn, she's HOT!!!! Go get your own pics you freaks.

-the sand snakes are dead, Lolz

-Cersei is an idiot, but at least Jaime is there to make sense of things, hopefully he takes control....

-Theon isn't being a pussy, Theon knows that trying to charge Euron gets Yara killed....so guess what? He jumps away instead. Smart, live to fight another day.

-Euron is trying to force Dorne and the Iron Island into serving Cersei, by taking the Queens of each.

-Littlefinger is clearly in Sansa's ear, too bad for him Lil' sis is on the way back. Mark my words, LF dies by Aryas hands.

-Snow/Dany meeting teased next week,...radical.

-Melissandre, she is being a legitimate help, will the world let her continue to be so?

-Sansa will be temp warden of the north, as she f this up?

I look for small comments that are made each episode. During the Jon Snow debate, someone mentioned that Danys father burned Jons grandpa alive. Dany was told to be a dragon and not a sheep.

She is going to burn Jon alive next episode and that is when everyone will learn that he is her own blood. He won't burn.

I look for small comments that are made each episode. During the Jon Snow debate, someone mentioned that Danys father burned Jons grandpa alive. Dany was told to be a dragon and not a sheep.

She is going to burn Jon alive next episode and that is when everyone will learn that he is her own blood. He won't burn.
Nah man, we're going to see Jon ride a dragon before it's all said and done.

Dany, Jon, and probably Sandsnake Mom, but that one will be killed by the giant crossbow.

Reactions: naturalmwa
-Dany needs a smack down, she's becoming quite arrogant.

-Messandei....damn, she's HOT!!!! Go get your own pics you freaks.

-the sand snakes are dead, Lolz

-Cersei is an idiot, but at least Jaime is there to make sense of things, hopefully he takes control....

-Theon isn't being a pussy, Theon knows that trying to charge Euron gets Yara killed....so guess what? He jumps away instead. Smart, live to fight another day.

-Euron is trying to force Dorne and the Iron Island into serving Cersei, by taking the Queens of each.

-Littlefinger is clearly in Sansa's ear, too bad for him Lil' sis is on the way back. Mark my words, LF dies by Aryas hands.

-Snow/Dany meeting teased next week,...radical.

-Melissandre, she is being a legitimate help, will the world let her continue to be so?

-Sansa will be temp warden of the north, as she f this up?
Is LF on Arya's list? If so, remind me why.

Not as bad as last weeks poop montage.

Grossest scenes in thrones that I've jacked to

10. The Mountain chopping his horse's head off after losing a joust
9. Khal Drago pouring gold on Visery's head
8. Jaime's hand getting lopped off.
7. Brienne of Tarth whooping the Hound
6. Watching Sam Turly scrape Jorah's grey scales off him
5. The Mountain crushing Oberyn's head
4. Hodor's childhood seizure
3. Every Theon/Ramsay torture scene, especially his penis being cut off
2. Sam's poop montage
1. Melisandre's wrinkly old snatch

Does Arya know how LF screwed her dad over? I can't remember. If so, he's already dead. He just doesn't know it yet. I blame it on the lack of brothel scenes we've been missing for like 4 seasons now.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Either way it throws a wrench into plans that the Dornish soldiers will fight for Dany.
Cersei just captured their queen and killed her daughters. They will fight. The Dornish don't need much of a reason to fight Lannisters. I don't know who is left in Dorne to raise the banners, but they will be raised.

Messandei. Wow. 'Nuff said.

Arya will kill Little Finger and Sansa's request. He will underestimate her and find his throat slashed.

Did I mention Messandei? Hotter than dragon fire.

Jorah will survive the greyscale, but I fear Sam will not.

Reactions: lucas80
I was just reading a write up in the NYT about last nights episode. Links with the Times usually fail, so I'll just hit one point. When Arya said, "That's not you", to Nymeria, who was she speaking to? Was she saying to wolfie that it was a Northerner and should come home, or was she saying to herself that she isn't some wandering wolf? That's what she's been for awhile.
I still think that wolf shows up again. Hopefully bursting into a room and eating Littlefinger.

I was just reading a write up in the NYT about last nights episode. Links with the Times usually fail, so I'll just hit one point. When Arya said, "That's not you", to Nymeria, who was she speaking to? Was she saying to wolfie that it was a Northerner and should come home, or was she saying to herself that she isn't some wandering wolf? That's what she's been for awhile.
I still think that wolf shows up again. Hopefully bursting into a room and eating Littlefinger.
I'm not sure what Arya meant. Incidentally, she's just about my favorite character.

I'm glad to see them bringing the direwolves back into the story. They were a fairly key element of the books, and the TV series has virtually ignored them.

I think it was Nymeria. For one thing, it was a direwolf, not a run-of-the-mill wolf, and they're virtually unknown South of the Wall. For another thing, it didn't eat Arya.

Any thoughts on when we see Randall Tarly reappear, and in what capacity? Seems like it will be at a critical point.

Unrelated, I was fairly certain for about 30 seconds that Nymeria was going to rip Arya's head off in a cruel twist of fate, keeping up with the theme of no character being too big to be killed off.

Reactions: ParkerHawk
I'm not sure what Arya meant. Incidentally, she's just about my favorite character.

I'm glad to see them bringing the direwolves back into the story. They were a fairly key element of the books, and the TV series has virtually ignored them.

I think it was Nymeria. For one thing, it was a direwolf, not a run-of-the-mill wolf, and they're virtually unknown South of the Wall. For another thing, it didn't eat Arya.
I thought the scene with Hot Pie was excellent. She rather aggressively grabbed the food from the tray, and wolfishly (?), ate it. Just chomping away. When Hot Pie told her John was alive and ruling Winterfell there was a transformation on Arya's face. The little girl is alive inside of her despite all she has lived through.

Any thoughts on when we see Randall Tarly reappear, and in what capacity? Seems like it will be at a critical point.

Unrelated, I was fairly certain for about 30 seconds that Nymeria was going to rip Arya's head off in a cruel twist of fate, keeping up with the theme of no character being too big to be killed off.
Well, going with what I've seen in the series Sam will kill Randall. There is a whole lot of family killing family in this show. The Tarly's are banner men of House Tyrell, so I assume something happens fairly quickly. We've seen that Tyrell is aligned with Dany.

That was Nymeria. Arya saying "that's not you" meant that Nymeria isn't a domesticated wolf, just like Arya herself. If you remember back to season 1, Arya's mother, sister, nurses, and everyone else but Ned and Jon, told her she was to be a lady. They tried to teach her to sew and learn table manners. That wasn't her.
Much in the way Arya is going north to help her family, I think we see the wolves again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT