ADVERTISEMENT

The old Full house T formation by Penn ST; a reminder of Fry's 3 tight running back formation

uihawk82

HB All-American
Nov 17, 2021
And it is an old formation brought back as a new wrinkle giving the normal running back two backs who can block into the hole before the ball carrier gets there.

Are the hawks going to use some Hayden Large fullback style I formation run blocking today to wear down msu and set up the play action. I would not bet against Kirk going back to what he knows

And it is an old formation brought back as a new wrinkle giving the normal running back two backs who can block into the hole before the ball carrier gets there.

Are the hawks going to use some Hayden Large fullback style I formation run blocking today to wear down msu and set up the play action. I would not bet against Kirk going back to what he knows
I'd be fine with Iowa abandoning their patented singleback (Ace for those of you that played NCAAFB video games ;) ) set and only running under center out of the I-formation. Again, this is with McNamara's mobility in mind. Extra blocker to protect for Cade on PA. Sells the run better, and hopefully you get the defense to cheat in a bit and bite on the play fake leaving our WRs and/or TEs in single coverage, if not wide open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT