ADVERTISEMENT

The only thing that irks me nowadays about Cy-Hawk week

Feb 25, 2008
This shift over the last couple of years by the Iowa State media, which has even gotten Iowa media heads to fall into the trap as well, to play the "woe is us" card that Iowa is gonna do the same thing it always does and ISU will play into their hands "self-defeating" "self-defeating" "if you expect failure then you can't be disappointed" reverse psychology talk overly trying to portray a glass-half empty outlook on the game to either A. spare themselves the disappointment, as mentioned, of Iowa State losing to Iowa again, or B. trying to talk so much negativity and self-doubt about their chances, with the hopes that the universe will magically course-correct and let ISU win.

An example of that would be fans of other teams pessimistically saying, "welp surely Iowa is gonna force another turnover this week"......."surely Iowa is gonna force another turnover this week"......................."surely Iowa is gonna force another turnover this week" *nudge nudge wink wink*

And hopefully if they say it enough, then finally there'll be a week where Iowa doesn't force a turnover, and then they can be like, "SEE! SEE! I told you the law of averages and such!"

I'm pretty sure the Cover 3 podcast (if you know who they are) spent the whole 2021 season waiting for that shoe to drop, before they finally got their cathartic release by the end of that year.

It sounds crazy (because it f***ing is.......), but it's also absolutely real things that real people/ISU fans and media heads are saying regarding the game tomorrow.

And all I can think is................."I liked you all better when you were snotty little trash talkers irrationally distorting and manipulating facts to convince others and yourselves that Iowa State was now the top program in the state."

@ISUBryce control your f***ing people and get them back on the ketchup and mustard "it's a Cyclone state even though we lost" bandwagon. Thanks in advance! :)

(I do apologize for picking you out, Bryce. You were just the last ISU fan I remember seeing post on here.)

This shift over the last couple of years by the Iowa State media, which has even gotten Iowa media heads to fall into the trap as well, to play the "woe is us" card that Iowa is gonna do the same thing it always does and ISU will play into their hands "self-defeating" "self-defeating" "if you expect failure then you can't be disappointed" reverse psychology talk overly trying to portray a glass-half empty outlook on the game to either A. spare themselves the disappointment, as mentioned, of Iowa State losing to Iowa again, or B. trying to talk so much negativity and self-doubt about their chances, with the hopes that the universe will magically course-correct and let ISU win.

An example of that would be fans of other teams pessimistically saying, "welp surely Iowa is gonna force another turnover this week"......."surely Iowa is gonna force another turnover this week"......................."surely Iowa is gonna force another turnover this week" *nudge nudge wink wink*

And hopefully if they say it enough, then finally there'll be a week where Iowa doesn't force a turnover, and then they can be like, "SEE! SEE! I told you the law of averages and such!"

I'm pretty sure the Cover 3 podcast (if you know who they are) spent the whole 2021 season waiting for that shoe to drop, before they finally got their cathartic release by the end of that year.

It sounds crazy (because it f***ing is.......), but it's also absolutely real things that real people/ISU fans and media heads are saying regarding the game tomorrow.

And all I can think is................."I liked you all better when you were snotty little trash talkers irrationally distorting and manipulating facts to convince others and yourselves that Iowa State was now the top program in the state."

@ISUBryce control your f***ing people and get them back on the ketchup and mustard "it's a Cyclone state even though we lost" bandwagon. Thanks in advance! :)

(I do apologize for picking you out, Bryce. You were just the last ISU fan I remember seeing post on here.)
It peaked with Jamie's billboard.

Iowa has played Iowa A&T in 100 games. Iowa has won 67 of those 100, a 2:1 victory rate. Iowa has won 8 of the last ten. Obviously the last three games saw Iowa sitting at the bottom of all offenses, literally. Iowa's offense wasting multiple first downs in the Clown's side of the field. Spencer Petras almost single handedly created that loss more than Iowa State did to Iowa. Iowa State struggled on offense last week and they play one of the best defenses in the country tomorrow. Iowa could always lose, shit happens, but it is not likely. I'm thinking much closer to a 30-10/14 kind of game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT