ADVERTISEMENT

The Original Ferris Wheel

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
1983 World's Fair. 264 feet tall. I had no idea.

461226858_122205451442033803_6190126944630647591_n.jpg

1983 World's Fair. 264 feet tall. I had no idea.

461226858_122205451442033803_6190126944630647591_n.jpg
The Devil in the White City is a fascinating book about the unbelievable work that went into the creation of the Chicago World's Fair, and the story of the murders that coincided with the Fair. The Ferris Wheel is a big part of the story as it was meant to contend with the Eiffel Tower as the Centerpiece of the fair. Pics of the Fair grounds are astonishing and I have a hard time imagining the grandeur when I've been to that part of Chicago.

The Devil in the White City is a fascinating book about the unbelievable work that went into the creation of the Chicago World's Fair, and the story of the murders that coincided with the Fair. The Ferris Wheel is a big part of the story as it was meant to contend with the Eiffel Tower as the Centerpiece of the fair. Pics of the Fair grounds are astonishing and I have a hard time imagining the grandeur when I've been to that part of Chicago.
I bought that for my father in law and he loved it.

Great book

Great book. Would recommend. Also though in the Garden of Beasts or something was really good hybthat same author.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT