ADVERTISEMENT

The Party of “Law and Order” ?

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
A recent poll released by “The Economist”/YouGov” shows 53% of TRUMP supporters believe their will be a “civil war” in the next decade. (That means that approximately 53% of 36% of the American voters think this!) 32% of TRUMP voters felt “civil war” was UNlikely.
The poll also shows that of all “voters” interviewed 43% believe civil war is “likely” and 35% say it is unlikely. No wonder the GOP wants every Tom, Dick and Harry to be armed and carrying!

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I guess it depends on how you define a civil war. If you are talking two standing armies going after each other and taking over territory, no, that's not going to happen. If you are talking about small groups of terrorists going around blowing crap up, similar to an IRA style insurgency, I don't know if I would say it's "likely", but we are far closer to that than we have been since the 1860's.

Wow, those numbers are really sliced up for the narrative.

To clarify:

19% of those polled voted for Trump and believe civil war is likely (53% of 36%=19.08%).

24% of everyone else believe Civil War is likely (43%-19%=24%).

While it's not the exact one-sided narrative the OP is going for, it's certainly scary, and in my view highlights the problem we have with how prevalent the wings are in both parties.

Wow, those numbers are really sliced up for the narrative.

To clarify:

19% of those polled voted for Trump and believe civil war is likely (53% of 36%=19.08%).

24% of everyone else believe Civil War is likely (43%-19%=24%).

While it's not the exact one-sided narrative the OP is going for, it's certainly scary, and in my view highlights the problem we have with how prevalent the wings are in both parties.
53% of folks who voted FOR Trump felt a “civil war” was likely in the next decade...extrapolated that the GOP reps about 36% of the American public...Now, “mathed out” your “19%” would make sense...but that would be 19% of the general public (still a worrisome high percentage)....but this poll shows what it shows....53% of folks who voted for Trump believe a “civil war” is likely....and THAT is more than a little whack to me.
With All due respect wop, I believe you took some liberties in interpreting the numbers I used.

53% of folks who voted FOR Trump felt a “civil war” was likely in the next decade...extrapolated that the GOP reps about 36% of the American public...Now, “mathed out” your “19%” would make sense...but that would be 19% of the general public (still a worrisome high percentage)....but this poll shows what it shows....53% of folks who voted for Trump believe a “civil war” is likely....and THAT is more than a little whack to me.
With All due respect wop, I believe you took some liberties in interpreting the numbers I used.
I took no liberties. It said 43% of ALL voters said civil war was likely. Taking liberties would have been if I said "the other 24% voted for Biden." It doesn't say that, it indicates that OF the 43% of ALL voters who believe civil war is likely, 44% of those (19% of all) voted for Trump. It does not say who the other 56% (24% of all) voted for, other than they didn't vote for Trump.

The OP was sliced very carefully to create a narrative that the numbers just don't really support, if the numbers in the OP are accurate.

The narrative that IS supported is that it's effing scary that 43% of people believe a civil war is likely. Common sense tells me those people are likely on the wings of the parties, but thats the only part of all of this that's an assumption (and why I said "in my view"). The only alternative is that it's a mix of the base and the wings.

Maybe something like this, only with role reversal.

There is obviously no way the MAGA's can organize, build a chain of command, supply and re-supply themselves, handle logistics and all of the other things needed for some sort of "army".

But, they could sure F*ck things up.

Reactions: franklinman
Both parties bullshit might have been true pre-trump, but he has taken it up so many levels, it's moronic to even make that comment.
Depends what you're talking about.

Poll Question: What do you think the chances are that you would have to go to the hospital if you got COVID?

The answer is between 1 percent and 5 percent.

41 percent of Democrats thought it was over 50 percent, while 28 percent thought it was between 20 percent and 49 percent of patients ending up in the hospital.

So, basically 70% of Democrats are completely fvcking stupid or chicken little liars or both.

And yes...these civil war GOP idiots suck way worse than the COVID idiots on the left. But not by much.

A recent poll released by “The Economist”/YouGov” shows 53% of TRUMP supporters believe their will be a “civil war” in the next decade. (That means that approximately 53% of 36% of the American voters think this!) 32% of TRUMP voters felt “civil war” was UNlikely.
The poll also shows that of all “voters” interviewed 43% believe civil war is “likely” and 35% say it is unlikely. No wonder the GOP wants every Tom, Dick and Harry to be armed and carrying!

What is so hard about "there"?

People realize there is a stark difference in thinking that a civil war is likely and wanting a civil war

You ****ers are gonna loose. I'm Switzerland. :)

You ****ers are gonna loose. I'm Switzerland. :)
Loose and lose: These two words cause a lot of confusion, so it's well worth spending a few minutes to understand the difference between the two. Lose is a verb that means “to fail to win, to misplace.” Loose is an adjective that means “not tight.” Learn more grammar here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT