ADVERTISEMENT

The Petras-Ferentz After Game Embrace

radicalhawk

HR All-State
Jun 18, 2005
There's nothing unusual about a player and coach hugging after winning a game. But this one seemed to me to be extra special and especially touching. Petras had his left hand holding the back of KF's head. It wasn't a quick embrace. It was a little longer than the usual. As they stood there, I sensed hundreds of miles away and through my big flat screen that they both felt relief for not just beating Minnesota but for saving a season. Perhaps too, they each felt vindicated.

There's nothing unusual about a player and coach hugging after winning a game. But this one seemed to me to be extra special and especially touching. Petras had his left hand holding the back of KF's head. It wasn't a quick embrace. It was a little longer than the usual. As they stood there, I sensed hundreds of miles away and through my big flat screen that they both felt relief for not just beating Minnesota but for saving a season. Perhaps too, they each felt vindicated.
The pic of Campbell and KF hugging in the locker room during the celebration is just as telling. As hard as it seems for some to grasp, most of the guys in that locker room would run through a wall for their coach, and he feels the same way about all his boys, not just the ones who have the same last name as him.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT