ADVERTISEMENT

The preponderance of the evidence....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Criminal convictions require that the evidence to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

Civil court judgement have a lower bar... the preponderance of the evidence. This means that it's more likely than not that the accused did what he was alleged to have done.

A nice example of the difference is O.J. Simpson. He was acquitted of his criminal murder charge; but found liable in his wrongful death civil suit. How does that happen? The lower bar of evidence in civil proceedings.

Based on what we know now, is it more likely than not that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford?

Not if I'm sitting on the jury.

Ford has passed a lie detector test and is wants the FBI to investigate her.

Kavanaugh won't take a lie detector test and doesn't want the FBI to investigate him.

I know who I would believe.

Kavanaugh has won't take a lie detector test and doesn't want the FBI to investigate him.

LOL. She passed a lie detector test and that's good enough for you?

You make a good case for gathering more evidence. Let’s get Mueller to investigate. We can vote on Kav in a couple years.

Exactly. To replace Ginsberg. Let's get the crazy far right guy innthere now fornthe automatic no questions asked second nomination. That'll go over well. Maybe Trump can do what Taft did and join he SCOTUS after Shea done in the WH as well.

Civil court judgement have a lower bar... the preponderance of the evidence. This means that it's more likely than not that the accused did what he was alleged to have done.

A nice example of the difference is O.J. Simpson. He was acquitted of his criminal murder charge; but found liable in his wrongful death civil suit. How does that happen? The lower bar of evidence in civil proceedings.

Based on what we know now, is it more likely than not that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford?

Who is calling for a criminal investigation with possible charges? The FBI investigation is asked for as a re opening of the background check

Who is calling for a criminal investigation with possible charges? The FBI investigation is asked for as a re opening of the background check

Oh, okay...

FBI: Was he convicted of anything?

FBI Special Investigator: Still nothing.

Kavanaugh won't take a lie detector test and doesn't want the FBI to investigate him.

Kavanaugh was already vetted more thoroughly than any other scotus nominee. You guys are desperate and reaching.

Reactions: Gimmered
Kavanaugh was already vetted more thoroughly than any other scotus nominee. You guys are desperate and reaching.
Has he been more vetted? Since the start, his nomination has been pushed through at lightening speed. Senate Republicans have withheld thousands of documents, classified and declassified others in the middle of the night, and completely ignored possible perjury.

I wouldn't call any of this thoroughly vetting him.

Reactions: BioHawk and Rudolph

It would be really neat, if there was just one scintilla of tangible evidence beyond the delusions shared by a nut with her therapist above an event that supposedly happened back when disco was king and everyone was under the influence.

The Tradition is wracked with uncertainty and knows this judge is tainted. With every new thread he creates, it merely validates this truth.

It's entertaining to watch conservatives twist themselves into moral pretzels in order to try and get behind this nominee.

It would be really neat, if there was just one scintilla of tangible evidence beyond the delusions shared by a nut with her therapist above an event that supposedly happened back when disco was king and everyone was under the influence.
"Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!"

Reactions: Rudolph
Has he been more vetted? Since the start, his nomination has been pushed through at lightening speed. Senate Republicans have withheld thousands of documents, classified and declassified others in the middle of the night, and completely ignored possible perjury.

I wouldn't call any of this thoroughly vetting him.

I would call the shenanigans by the left in trying to derail the nomination a giant waste of taxpayer money. Which is what the left is really good at. Wasting tax payer money.

The Tradition is wracked with uncertainty and knows this judge is tainted. With every new thread he creates, it merely validates this truth.

It's entertaining to watch conservatives twist themselves into moral pretzels in order to try and get behind this nominee.

You're a moron.

Do you know the meaning of the word, "unsubstantiated"?

That's what this is.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

I never imagined the day would come when polygraphs would be so popular on HROT. A month back some wanted an entire small town in Iowa to take a poly.

Liberals Have lost their minds. This is almost like the Salem witch trials at this point.

You have blind faith for any potential negative info on Brett and want to burn him in the stake even through the accusation was released at a highly suspicious time and the woman doesn’t have any hard facts.

Ford Classmate Backtracks: ‘Had No Idea’ She’d Need ‘Specifics’ to ‘Defend’ Kavanaugh Assault Claim

A re you planning to?

You were presented evidence? By who?

Reactions: Rudolph
You're a moron.

Do you know the meaning of the word, "unsubstantiated"?

That's what this is.
Really?

Well, you go right ahead and continue to defend these guys who have a past filled with sexual misconduct and I'll continue to be a moron in your eyes. I assure you that I will be juuuuust fine.

I don't start thread after thread, on a daily basis, and make one failed attempt after another trying to present parallels ... or, even more pathetic... begging for everyone to just say "They've always done it, so what's the big deal?" I don't have to bullshit myself, and others, trying to justify the obvious bad decisions these douchebags make during their political and professional careers, and personal lives, just to keep myself in good standing with some political team that I've attached my identity to, like you do.

And, by the way, of the 2 teams that are participating? The Republicans are dripping with sexist, racist, misogynistic, narrow-minded white men. They're packed so tight on the TRUCK that they're falling off when it hits a bump. It's not even debatable. These a-holes don't even try to hide it. They don't have to. With SFB's like you as their base, they know you'll support them even MORE if they do this shit.

Really?

Well, you go right ahead and continue to defend these guys who have a past filled with sexual misconduct and I'll continue to be a moron in your eyes. I assure you that I will be juuuuust fine.

I don't start thread after thread, on a daily basis, and make one failed attempt after another trying to present parallels ... or, even more pathetic... begging for everyone to just say "They've always done it, so what's the big deal?" I don't have to bullshit myself, and others, trying to justify the obvious bad decisions these douchebags make during their political and professional careers, and personal lives, just to keep myself in good standing with some political team that I've attached my identity to, like you do.

And, by the way, of the 2 teams that are participating? The Republicans are dripping with sexist, racist, misogynistic, narrow-minded white men. They're packed so tight on the TRUCK that they're falling off when it hits a bump. It's not even debatable. These a-holes don't even try to hide it. They don't have to. With SFB's like you as their base, they know you'll support them even MORE if they do this shit.

Both sides of the establishment are dripping with corruption. But you don't want to admit or condone that. Drain the swamp.

If Kavanaugh is innocent then wouldn't an FBI investigation be in his best interest. Certainly there is no physical evidence so this would mainly consist of interviews. The accuser has identified one of his good friends as the primary witness to the crime, which seems very advantageous to Kavanaugh.

Liberals Have lost their minds. This is almost like the Salem witch trials at this point.

You have blind faith for any potential negative info on Brett and want to burn him in the stake even through the accusation was released at a highly suspicious time and the woman doesn’t have any hard facts.

If Republicans would allow a proper background check and investigation and quit trying to hide everything they can then there wouldn't be the need for this. It's amazing how you all think Hillary is some criminal mastermind despite the years of investigations on her and you trust the people who try to obfuscate as much information about their guy as possible.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Posters wanting "hard facts" and "tangible evidence" fundamentally misunderstand sexual assault.

There is generally a great deal of evidence offered at sex abuse trials. Sometimes physical evidence such as rape kits, other evidence such as the alleged victim's demeanor, excited utterances, medical treatment statements, doctor testimony, photos if physical abuse occurred, statements made by the defendant, similar acts by the defendant, corroborative evidence. At minimum a typical trial will last several days. Very seldom will a case be prosecuted with no evidence aside from the victim's testimony.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Your friends on here are calling him a rapist. Convicted.

First, I don't think that I have any friends on here.

Also, I reread the thread, and i still don't see anyone calling him a rapist or any judges convicting him of a crime. I see calls for investigation. You are creating the drama.

ADVERTISEMENT