ADVERTISEMENT

The proposed North End Zone Project

Also, was the 1,000 reserve fee per seat, additional donation amount, or a donation in advance for the 1st year's per seat donation?

Finally, is alcohol served/available/allowed in the club seating as well as other premium seating areas? Is this part of the draw?
You can have alcohol in club seating.

$3,100 Charitable Deduction/Business Entertainment expense deduction per seat 1st year:
  • (($2,960 x .8) + $700) x Income Tax Rate = Tax Savings
$2,100 per seat for each year there after:
  • (($1,960 x .8) + $700) x Income Tax Rate = Tax Savings
Assume Corporate Tax rate of 20% and season ticket price of $700.00 :
  • Potential Tax Savings of $720.00 per Club seat the 1st year
  • Potential Tax Savings of $520.00 per Club seat each year there after.

Last edited:
I don't like it, not that I can't afford it, but why put in club seats w/TV's? If your going to watch it on TV, just stay at home and watch. Makes no sense.

I agree with others, the stadium is not filling up right now. I assume those extra seats will help fund the empty seats in the stadium. Sports in general are going to suffer, there are more people opting to watch at home and not buy tickets anymore. I would not be shocked if college football starts "blacking" out games to get people to come back. I don't know if they can do that or not.

Eventually everything will be pay per view when it comes to sports I am sure.
I understood that the work would actually reduce the attendance from just over 70,000 to under 70,000. Has that changed?

curious what any of you north endzoners plan to do. i think i'm going to take a pause on my season tickets for a year and then decide. i don't really feel like affording the club costs, and not sure where they'd put me if i renew after the renovation.
We went in on the club. Love the North

Is there still going to be regular seating down below and up top? Or is the regular seating only up top?

What look has more "wow factor" for you? I pick #2:

kinnick-stadium-section-116-view.jpg

12218809_G.jpg
Well one is a live picture of an empty stadium while the other is an embellished rendering of a pregame entry.

Is there any chance of moving the student section back to the NW corner? I'd like to have the last two sections of the west stands plus half of the lower deck of the new north end zone full of students to make it loud since it will be more enclosed to keep the noise in.

Lord knows the stuffy corporate types in the middle club section won't hoot and holler. Probably a direct correlation between students drinking Busch Light and Club Seat ticket holders drinking much classier drinks like Coors Light and box wine.

Plus, this could allow for some students to sit low and have their helicopter parents literally sit on top of them and watch over them to make sure they are safe and not getting harassed or micro-aggressed. If so, they can hoist them up to the safety of the climate-controlled club section.

And lastly, if you are a horny old man and the weather is warm you can look directly down on all those girls!

ADVERTISEMENT