ADVERTISEMENT

The Queen’s Music..

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Anyone else surprised by the music played today for The Queen as they laid her to rest in state at Winchester today?
“A Hard Day’s Night” and “House of New Orleans” could be expected as they were popularized by British musicians, but “Like A Rolling Stone” (by American Bob Dylan) was really a surprise selection to British Royal insiders!
God Save the Queen!
;)
It was an impressive service, really. The Brits do “state funerals” very well.

I remember that in the opening chapter of "Dreadnought," the author Robert Massie chose the funeral of Queen Victoria in 1901 as a pivot from the 19th to the 20th Century. It featured what came to be the dying off dynasties of Europe. Kings and Queens of dozens of dynasties, all on elaborate horseback from Europe and around the World. Dukes, Dutchesses, Princes, Princesses, and Grand Dukes everywhere.

Massie stressed this event as the opening of the bloodiest century ever and kind of posed it as the quiet before the storm.

.................................................................................

In any case, my wife started watching Queen Elizabeth's funeral around 2:00 AM and was at it sometime in the early afternoon. Whenever, I walked in, she was watching the events of the day.

I could not not think of Chapter one of the above-mentioned book. The similarities were remarkable.

We won the Revolutionary War so we didn't have to give two shits about the queen or anything else that has to do with that dental challenged country.
At least they have teeth.

You could combine a Canadian and an Alabamian and still fall short of a full set.

I once heard a comic that said Europeans are nothing but the descendants of assholes that didn’t have the sense to move to America.

I distinctly remember thinking it was funny. I now think it’s less funny

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT