ADVERTISEMENT

The Racist In Chief in full MAGA mode this morning

Based on his speeches. Back then, the Republican Party was all about expanding the big tent.

Not anymore. Now, it's about rallying behind a white minority that thinks it is being "repressed".

I think it should still be the former. But, the Dems caused this with there bourgeois/proletariat version of identity politics.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-review/
National Review

right051.png

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate the National Review Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading claims and occasional use of poor sources.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-review/
National Review

right051.png

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate the National Review Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading claims and occasional use of poor sources.

Saying America is a Melting pot isn't a microaggression.

Using that expression to push someone to abandon their heritage, or language of origin, is.

Kinda like all those people with their microaggressions telling others to "speak English"; like the two old racist white ladies that tried to tell a restaurant employee to "speak English" to his employees, and "go back to his own country" if he wanted to not speak in "American".

He was Puerto Rican, and he turned out to be the manager and he kicked their asses out.

So, yes, "melting pot" absolutely can be a microaggression, but only when people use it that way intentionally.

Of course, this is all well beyond National Review's level of understanding. If It Ain't White, We Don't Write It.

Reactions: gohawks50 and seam
I guess the purpose of the tweets was an attempt to divide Dems. And as someone stated... because of the correct spelling in the tweets, it likely came from someone other than Trump.

The attempts to divide the Dems will fail as all Dems will unite for the Nov 2020 elections.

And there really is no need to feed the GOP base. The cultists are already convinced.

Reactions: gohawks50 and seam
I guess the purpose of the tweets was an attempt to divide Dems. And as someone stated... because of the correct spelling in the tweets, it likely came from someone other than Trump.

The attempts to divide the Dems will fail as all Dems will unite for the Nov 2020 elections.

And there really is no need to feed the GOP base. The cultists are already convinced.
We would be an entirely different country right now if Stephen Miller had made it into Epstein’s inner circle. Give me the wrath of Fran, Fran!!

We would be an entirely different country right now if Stephen Miller had made it into Epstein’s inner circle. Give me the wrath of Fran, Fran!!
Fran's still struggling with the word "consensual".

Baby steps here.

It should be.
It is not

That has nothing to do with "Dems".

Prove it.....that it’s not.

I think most of the country is there, republicans and Dems, and it’s the noisy fringes that are the problems.

Last edited:
Holy shit, dude, seriously?

Just to clarify here, what is it that you find “hilariously moronic about this?”

Modern progressives talk about identity differently now than in prior eras (Eg the Reagan era earlier quoted). The dominant framework stems from critical theory. Everything is framed in terms of power disparities and race is assumed to be a major source of variance regardless of status.

Do you think that movements like #metoo that flip presumption of innocence and are used as political weapons (Eg kavanaugh) help unify the discourse or piss people off and create a bigger schism? What I’m seeing is the latter. I think this sort of thing, along with the mainstream media laying off trump and refusing to cover equitably the other republican politicians in the primary, led to trump.

Trump was a plurality candidate that ran on one stupid issue (Mexicans) in primary season. If the media didn’t spend 90 percent of air time talking about his juvenile insults of other candidates, you think he wins?

I don’t know a single person who admits they voted for trump in the primaries and only a few that admit it in the general. Of course, I’m in a very skewed space, but he didn’t have a lot of support early.

It is almost as if he doesn't realize his MAGA slogan implies America is shit.

It’s not his. It’s Reagan’s. And, when Reagan was running that, interest rates were at >20 percent under carter.

I’m convinced that trump doesn’t operate from any sort of principled stance.

Reactions: srams21
Based on his speeches. Back then, the Republican Party was all about expanding the big tent.

Not anymore. Now, it's about rallying behind a white minority that thinks it is being "repressed".

Oh, a thing to note. I think Bill Maher got this right. It is germane to my Dems caused this line. Modern democrats argue that Reagan employed nixon’s “Southern strategy” and spoke in code (Eg “welfare queen”). Thus, the democrats were railing on Reagan for being racist.

Moving forward, “George Bush hates black people.” Katrina was portrayed as a racist even.

Joe Biden is an implied racist because he talked to segregationists in the 70s and didn’t support bussing.

Nancy Pelosi is a racist because she disagrees with AOC.

I think the republicans would love to argue big tent today. Many try. But, the Democrats will hang the “racist” label in every major contest on Republican white candidates (Eg desantis running against Gillum).
It is a default part of the democratic strategy and has been for a very long time.

Just to clarify here, what is it that you find “hilariously moronic about this?”

Modern progressives talk about identity differently now than in prior eras (Eg the Reagan era earlier quoted). The dominant framework stems from critical theory. Everything is framed in terms of power disparities and race is assumed to be a major source of variance regardless of status.

Do you think that movements like #metoo that flip presumption of innocence and are used as political weapons (Eg kavanaugh) help unify the discourse or piss people off and create a bigger schism? What I’m seeing is the latter. I think this sort of thing, along with the mainstream media laying off trump and refusing to cover equitably the other republican politicians in the primary, led to trump.

Trump was a plurality candidate that ran on one stupid issue (Mexicans) in primary season. If the media didn’t spend 90 percent of air time talking about his juvenile insults of other candidates, you think he wins?

I don’t know a single person who admits they voted for trump in the primaries and only a few that admit it in the general. Of course, I’m in a very skewed space, but he didn’t have a lot of support early.

You keep blaming the media for Trump's win in the primaries. Why?

I figured the more anyone saw or read about what he was saying the more you'd be repulsed by him. For some reason it had the opposite effect on Republicans.

He's somehow even more ridiculous now and has a mid nineties approval rating among Republicans.

‘Cept for that time(s) he attacked ted Cruz, Jeb bush, Nancy pelosi, joe Biden, etc. but, yes except for all of those white politicians he attacks regularly, he only attacks poc.
The fact that Trump has an elementary school level mentality in attacking anyone who he feels is a threat or who disagrees with him does not summarily dismiss his often racist comments. It just means that in addition to being a bigot, he's a raging asshole.

Reactions: mstp1992
You keep blaming the media for Trump's win in the primaries. Why?

I figured the more anyone saw or read about what he was saying the more you'd be repulsed by him. For some reason it had the opposite effect on Republicans.

He's somehow even more ridiculous now and has a mid nineties approval rating among Republicans.

During the primaries, in my opinion, I think democrats saw trump as the easiest candidate to beat. The coverage ratio was high. No dirt was covered on trump. The coverage of potential contenders like Jeb and Cruz was very negative. Much of it focused on trump’s slogan like insults. Trump never held a majority. He barely beat Cruz.

I agree with you that it would have been nice had people been more repulsed by trump. But, the media basically kid gloved him in the primaries. Once he got out of the primaries, he was going to the lesser of two evil conservative vote. Any candidate would have. The voting distribution was similar to pre Obama elections.

I see the current “approval” ratings as more of a referendum on biased media coverage than anything particular pro trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT