ADVERTISEMENT

The real reason Democrats don't want a SCOTUS vote before the election...

coloradonoles

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Houston, TX
Yep ... where the line for 'decent SCOTUS' presently stands at 'doesn't face allegations of sexual assault'. His promise to pick a woman should help.
That part of it I was prepared to let go, as we've been through that with greater evidence with Judge Thomas. It was the crybaby attitude he had when giving testimony. What a douche.

Reactions: artradley
There is no other reason other than the Democrats wanting to name their own flavor of judge. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but they cry, whine, stamp their feet, and hold their breath like a child in a Walmart checkout when they don’t get their way. Example: the last four years.

There is no other reason other than the Democrats want to name their own flavor of judge. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but they cry, whine, stamp their feet, and hold their breath like a child in a Walmart checkout when they don’t get their way. Example: the last four years.
Democrats have no respect for the law. They have put this on full display over the past couple of days. They are nothing but whiney crybabies.

200.gif

af8dc624f77ea77e57cc0f8bf0a64473bb2d285a17afac050133f3dc4edf724e.gif

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
An oldie but goodie...

Every Democratic senator in a competitive midterm race who voted against Brett Kavanaugh lost.

It goosed GOP turnout in heavy Republican states, such as North Dakota, Indiana, and Missouri. This would be like drawing a conclusion from a Republican senator being ousted in states such as VT, CT, NY, or CA. The Florida example is not on point because for the last twelve years, Florida has a history of extremely close elections.

There is no other reason other than the Democrats wanting to name their own flavor of judge. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but they cry, whine, stamp their feet, and hold their breath like a child in a Walmart checkout when they don’t get their way. Example: the last four years.
This is exactly right and if more Dems (like @naturalmwa does) would just admit that all of this is part of the game of politics then more people would agree with them. After what they did to Kavanaugh in '18, I dont think there many Republicans who are going to worry about holding up unwritten standards. As President Obama said, elections have consequences.

Reactions: Nipigu
No that's governing without principle. I can deal with someone who has different principles from me. I can't deal with people who have none. The right has no principles left.
Isnt that cute that you actually believe either side has principles.

This is exactly right and if more Dems (like @naturalmwa does) would just admit that all of this is part of the game of politics then more people would agree with them. After what they did to Kavanaugh in '18, I dont think there many Republicans who are going to worry about holding up unwritten standards. As President Obama said, elections have consequences.

You don't think a sexual assault allegation doesn't deserve questions asked?

For me I would have actually voted to confirm Kav until he decided to blame this all on the Clintons and George Soros in prepared statements. Because my view was that it's his word against hers, there is no significant evidence to prove either way what he did all those years ago. So in the absence of evidence I would assume that he's not guilty.

But what I don't want is a judge who obviously has a political axe to grind.

They havn't done anything as of recent to demonstrate a lack of them. So until you can point to that, this strikes me as projection.
But you are a leftist(a unique one because you are also pro life) but still a leftist at heart. Of course you aren't going to see your side do anything unethical or for political gain. You do realize the whole Russiagate and impeachment of Donald Trump can be seen by many as political in nature but you won't see that because it was your side playing the game of politics in that scenario. Get better at winning elections. If Republicans are as evil as you say, this should be easy. And looking at the polls the Dems are going to have every opportunity to pack the court and grant DC/Puerto Rico statehood starting in Jan. of 2021. I'm sure you will hold them to same standard when they start breaking norms.

But you are a leftist(a unique one because you are also pro life) but still a leftist at heart. Of course you aren't going to see your side do anything unethical or for political gain. You do realize the whole Russiagate and impeachment of Donald Trump can be seen by many as political in nature but you won't see that because it was your side playing the game of politics in that scenario. Get better at winning elections. If Republicans are as evil as you say, this should be easy. And looking at the polls the Dems are going to have every opportunity to pack the court and grant DC/Puerto Rico statehood starting in Jan. of 2021. I'm sure you will hold them to same standard when they start breaking norms.

So many norms we're broken by Trump I won't blame them for breaking a few.

Did Obama break norms? The only thing they did was get rid of the filibuster for judicial appointments because so many were being held up. The right can't just hold up every judicial appointment and then cry victim.

Reactions: naturalmwa
So many norms we're broken by Trump I won't blame them for breaking a few.

Did Obama break norms? The only thing they did was get rid of the filibuster for judicial appointments because so many were being held up. The right can't just hold up every judicial appointment and then cry victim.
There are no norms... there never were. Norms are just what soft ass losers claim when they can't win the game.

The winners get to decide what the norms are.

There are no norms... there never were. Norms are just what soft ass losers claim when they can't win the game.

And that is why I say you lack principles. Because it's all about taking for you . . . as if America was a city to be raped and pillaged to your own benefit.

I don't want this country to be run by people like that.

• Love
It goosed GOP turnout in heavy Republican states, such as North Dakota, Indiana, and Missouri. This would be like drawing a conclusion from a Republican senator being ousted in states such as VT, CT, NY, or CA. The Florida example is not on point because for the last twelve years, Florida has a history of extremely close elections.
Perhaps, and I concede there are relativity few "contested" Democratic seats (maybe 3,4) and many more contested Republican ones. (6-8).

I just don't happen to believe that high voter turn-out help dems... the people who were going to vote dem don't get riled up easy and wouldn't vote no matter what. Much more Rep get fed up with their party and simply refuse to vote thinking they are "teaching them a lesson" only to further their demise. If they thought they getting slighted, even if wrongly... they will go vote. Just My Opinion.

And that is why I say you lack principles.
What are principles? Fairness??

Haha. Both side decry the other for the very things they have done in the past and will again in the future. There is NO honor in politics. Quit looking for it.

When you're winning, try and keep scoring... when you're not play better defense.

No that's governing without principle. I can deal with someone who has different principles from me. I can't deal with people who have none. The right has no principles left.
Of course they have principles you just don't like their principles for some reason. They believe in working hard and eraning stuff rather than taxing people and giving it to them as wellfare. They believe you can go to church if you want to. They believe you should be able to choose your health insurance or not if you want to have none. They believe God issues rights, or the Creator, if you prefer. They Believe China and other countries need to quit screwing us around. other stuff too, too numerous to mention

• Haha

I am just curious as to whether you felt the same way in 2016 when Mitch and Lindsey decided to not vote on Garland for nine months. Now they are trying to spin it that this is a completely different situation when called out on their hypocrisy.

I am not all that concerned about whether there is a Republican or Democrat nominates to to the Supreme Court, but I would like to see some integrity from the people making the decisions. It appears that this is too much to ask, but that does not mean I will stop trying.

There is only one reason for the Republicans to try and ram this nomination through in the next month and that is because they are concerned that they will lose the Presidency and control of the Senate.

What are principles? Fairness??

Haha. Both side decry the other for the very things they have done in the past and will again in the future. There is NO honor in politics. Quit looking for it.

Again you say that but show no examples

When you're winning, try and keep scoring... when you're not play better defense.

It's not about that. What you are doing has more of an analogy to purposefully injuring the opposition because you can get away with it.

Congrats on being the political version of Vontaze Burfict.

I am just curious as to whether you felt the same way in 2016 when Mitch and Lindsey decided to not vote on Garland for nine months. Now they are trying to spin it that this is a completely different situation when called out on their hypocrisy.

I am not all that concerned about whether there is a Republican or Democrat nominates to to the Supreme Court, but I would like to see some integrity from the people making the decisions. It appears that this is too much to ask, but that does not mean I will stop trying.
If you were for a vote in 2016 for Garland shouldn't you be for a vote for the nominee who Trump puts up? I thought this was all about principle and norms? What has changed for you?

ADVERTISEMENT