ADVERTISEMENT

The refs stole two seconds from us on the last drive..

12tb

HR All-American
Aug 5, 2010
Look, it probably wouldn’t have mattered. But after the completion to Wick, we spiked the ball and 2 seconds ran off. But “before” the spike, the play was whistled for review. Those two seconds should have been tacked back on, and the play snapped at 0:18. They weren’t, and the second spike was snapped at 0:16.

If we had 7 seconds left at the end instead of 5, would we have ran another play to gain yards instead of try a long field goal? Who knows.

It probably wouldn’t have mattered. But the refs definitely messed that up.

They had a chance to tie it with a field goal, what more do you want? There were some bad calls that game, but officiating is so far down the list of reasons Iowa lost today that even mentioning it is stupid.

There are teams with live offenses that put up more in a game than Iowa has in the past four.

They had a chance to tie it with a field goal, what more do you want? There were some bad calls that game, but officiating is so far down the list of reasons Iowa lost today that even mentioning it is stupid.

Yea, I agree. Officiating wasn’t the issue. But it was a pretty clear error at a critical point.

Look, it probably wouldn’t have mattered. But after the completion to Wick, we spiked the ball and 2 seconds ran off. But “before” the spike, the play was whistled for review. Those two seconds should have been tacked back on, and the play snapped at 0:18. They weren’t, and the second spike was snapped at 0:16.

If we had 7 seconds left at the end instead of 5, would we have ran another play to gain yards instead of try a long field goal? Who knows.

So

Yes, and yes the kick was going to be left from even 25 yds

Reactions: Rambler Hawk

Screw two seconds. Ferentz stole over three hours from me today.

The offsides seemed a little marginal and that gave them a chance. I don't blame refs, that is for excuse makers.
If we can blame Kirk and we can blame Brian and we can blame Petras and we can blame the f***ing media for not asking "tough questions"................we can blame the refs.

Tired of this sh** where people thinking they're blameless. And I'm not at all suggesting they're tops in the discussion for why we lost.

The offsides seemed a little marginal and that gave them a chance. I don't blame refs, that is for excuse makers.
Biggest mistake by the refs was the unnecessary roughness on Dejean. QB was clearly still in bounds. Terrible late flag that was a reaction to the ISU bench. Horrible call.

I’d bet the final score would have been 7-3 if not for that call.

There were other bad calls but that was the most atrocious.

When your defense holds an opponent to 3 points midway through the fourth quarter...and you lose the game ...the problem is not the refs.

When your defense holds an opponent to 3 points midway through the fourth quarter...and you lose the game ...the problem is not the refs.
Yea, I get that. I’m not blaming the refs. I’m just pointing out a factual error they made at a crucial time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT