ADVERTISEMENT

the scheme on HBO

I thought it was interesting when Christian was saying what coaches he regularly talked to. Mentioned Tom Izzo a couple of times. Being from Saginaw, I imagine he knows Tom quite well.

I was busy streaming Tiger King. What a bizarro world these big cat owners live in. I didn't realize that there are more tigers in captivity in America than there are left in the wild, but that's not really the story of this show in which even the "good guys" are of very questionable character.

I will set up my TIVO to find and record The Scheme.

I was busy streaming Tiger King. What a bizarro world these big cat owners live in. I didn't realize that there are more tigers in captivity in America than there are left in the wild, but that's not really the story of this show in which even the "good guys" are of very questionable character.

I will set up my TIVO to find and record The Scheme.
The guy who was producing Joe’s show with the cowboy hat (Rick?), Saff, the guys who were head keeper and manager of the zoo, and Joe’s campaign manager were all pretty cool

I think Carole might be a witch

Pretty much just showed that they will cook the little guy, and basically look the other way for the major programs and coaches.

They wasted a ton of tax dollars for nothing, and in a few years, it will be paid players everywhere instead of just at the cheats.

It points out what everyone who follows college sports closely already knew: The NCAA is a joke.
Not just the NBA, but also the FBI. They spent how much money and got a few minor convictions of nobodies? On top of that multiple agents involved, including the lead one on the case, were doing naughty things themselves.

How are Sean Miller and Will Wade still coaching? It doesn’t get clearer than the phone recordings with them at the end of the show.

Reactions: Ronman and pondscum
Not just the NBA, but also the FBI. They spent how much money and got a few minor convictions of nobodies? On top of that multiple agents involved, including the lead one on the case, were doing naughty things themselves.

How are Sean Miller and Will Wade still coaching? It doesn’t get clearer than the phone recordings with them at the end of the show.
I lost another layer of respect for the FBI and also the Southern District of New York. I had/have no respect for the NCAA.

Reactions: 750075 and pondscum
As someone who is interested in college basketball and has long suspected that the NCAA ignores the indiscretions of the big boys, I thought it was anything but boring. When you have wiretap phone conversations between coaches like Miller and Wade discussing making monetary offers to players with the guy who wound up going to prison, it is remarkable that they are still in their coaching positions. As was stated in the show, when someone, in this case, the shoe companies, pay you hundreds of millions of dollars, you are working for them.

Reactions: chaneccooms
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT