Nov 1, 2013
they came out of High School.

You will notice there are Zero 5*****

Pats have 2 who were not even ranked at all, 6 who were 2** and 9 who were 3***

Seahawks have 3 who were unranked, four 2** and 11 that were 3***

Coached Up

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Originally posted by letsgohawks211:
Great!! The HAWKEYES should be in the Super Bowl!!
Uh Oh! You know what Kirk's record is when he plays against another team during "their Super Bowl"? I kid. I kid.

Originally posted by -MDVOL:

This is a bold strategy that Iowa likes to use. Iowa always gets a couple of these low rated guys into the NFL however when you look back at all the low rated recruits Iowa has grabbed over the years you will find half the low rated guys never pan out and never factor into Iowa's game plans. When around half the recruits in every class you sign never factor in that leaves gaping holes in your depth chart and even leaves some positions with no quality starters. I think as Iowa fans we have all seen this at position groupls over the years.

This also shows Iowa isnt the only ones developing lesser talent. But some of those other teams that are also developing lesser talent also grab more highly rated guys then Iowa does. Wisconsin, and Michigan St are two great examples of this. They develop just as many low rated guys that Iowa does but they also grab more high rated guys at key positions then Iowa does. And then you now have Minnesota who recently has been developing more 3star and 2 star talent then Iowa has been. Just look at Iowa's record against Minny over the past 5 seasons.

This post was edited on 1/28 7:50 AM by Auger

Originally posted by Auger:

Originally posted by -MDVOL:

This is a bold strategy that Iowa likes to use. Iowa always gets a couple of these low rated guys into the NFL however when you look back at all the low rated recruits Iowa has grabbed over the years you will find half the low rated guys never pan out and never factor into Iowa's game plans. When around half the recruits in every class you sign never factor in that leaves gaping holes in your depth chart and even leaves some positions with no quality starters. I think as Iowa fans we have all seen this at position groupls over the years.

This also shows Iowa isnt the only ones developing lesser talent. But some of those other teams that are also developing lesser talent also grab more highly rated guys then Iowa does. Wisconsin, and Michigan St are two great examples of this. They develop just as many low rated guys that Iowa does but they also grab more high rated guys at key positions then Iowa does. And then you now have Minnesota who recently has been developing more 3star and 2 star talent then Iowa has been. Just look at Iowa's record against Minny over the past 5 seasons.

This post was edited on 1/28 7:50 AM by Auger
Not certain that I follow your thought process.

Is it your contention that other teams utilize so much more of each and every recruiting class? Or, are you simply stating that schools such as Iowa that don't typically land the four and five star recruits are destined to
never exceed 0.500 records (on average)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT