ADVERTISEMENT

The states should decide....

This might be a good deal for the general pro choice side. While I think 15 weeks is largely where it will land, and is in line with Europe and most Americans, my guess is that the number of states that are likely to pass laws less than 15 weeks will exceed the states who pass greater than 15 weeks.

If I were the Democrats and cared about abortion access nationally, and the Republicans were actually on board for 15 weeks (with exceptions after), I think I would take it. The public support for abortions after 15 weeks without exception is very small, "Keep late term abortions legal for any reason!" would be a tough issue to run on for Democrats.

We shall see. I believe this sort of legislation, while not satisfying the zealots on either side (including me), would come close to taking the issue off the political table. This is where most Americans are, that early term abortion should be legal, later trimester abortions illegal except in narrow circumstances. It would be tough for either side to run against that.

This might be a good deal for the general pro choice side. While I think 15 weeks is largely where it will land, and is in line with Europe and most Americans, my guess is that the number of states that are likely to pass laws less than 15 weeks will exceed the states who pass greater than 15 weeks.

If I were the Democrats and cared about abortion access nationally, and the Republicans were actually on board for 15 weeks (with exceptions after), I think I would take it. The public support for abortions after 15 weeks without exception is very small, "Keep late term abortions legal for any reason!" would be a tough issue to run on for Democrats.

We shall see. I believe this sort of legislation, while not satisfying the zealots on either side (including me), would come close to taking the issue off the political table. This is where most Americans are, that early term abortion should be legal, later trimester abortions illegal except in narrow circumstances. It would be tough for either side to run against that.
I mean this in the best possible way Lou. But fuq your side.

No - this is the zealot I'm talking about. And it's because of people like Lou who were willing to vote for the assholes who did this because he didn't want other people making decisions with their bodies that he wouldn't make with his.
Democrats only have themselves to blame. They had 50 years to do something to codify. Yeah, I know they tried in the last 2 months but too little too late. Should have listened when RBG said it was bad law.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. How about you interview a range of women when it comes to their reproduction and your view will change rather quickly.

Isn't it amazing how republicans always blame democrats for the things that republicans do? yOu cOuLd hAvE stoPpEd uS!1!!1
Lol I don’t blame anyone, I have no reason to blame anyone for anything regarding this ruling. It was a good move to me. Democrats should blame democrats. They didn’t do what they should have done. Pretty simple, this is how politics work.

Lol I don’t blame anyone, I have no reason to blame anyone for anything regarding this ruling. It was a good move to me. Democrats should blame democrats. They didn’t do what they should have done. Pretty simple, this is how politics work.
Of course you think it's a good ruling - you're an idiot.

What makes you think that? The high level blue vs red split is almost 25/25 (slight lean blue 26/24, 27/23 depending on criteria), of that, there are several light red shading to purple states. You're probably looking at more of 30/20 split when the dust settles.

the right to privacy was until today
Not covered. Abortion involves DNA that is not your own. Constitution says what it says, sorry. It’s a good day. Many people will get to live a life that otherwise could have been cut down before it started. If you absolutely need to murder your children then go to New York

Not covered. Abortion involves DNA that is not your own. Constitution says what it says, sorry. It’s a good day. Many people will get to live a life that otherwise could have been cut down before it started. If you absolutely need to murder your children then go to New York
LMAO. Please quote what the constitution says about DNA. Moron.

an abortion is a medical procedure which is why you need to have special training to perform that procedure.

Nor is women or Air Force or marriage or right to travel or right to vote.

What is in it is the 9th Amendment.

Apparently you stopped reading the Amendments at Number 2.
None of these infringe on someone else’s rights. Abortion 100% of the time infringes on the unborn’s life. No point in arguing. Go to your state reps and tell them you want to kill the unborn. They are as soulless a creature as you.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
Well, I’m not the one who left it up to SCOTUS. Seems your team are the idiots. Sorry you’ll have a couple roadblocks to kill your unborn.
Yeah, you mean the SCOTUS who had already decide the issue two generations ago? But you all decided to destroy our form of govt in order to stop women from doing something that nature already does the majority of the time. Because - sky santa would be sad.

None of these infringe on someone else’s rights. Abortion 100% of the time infringes on the unborn’s life. No point in arguing. Go to your state reps and tell them you want to kill the unborn. They are as soulless a creature as you.

Cool. So you abandoned your argument that the word has to be in the Constitution for the right to be enforced and switched to your self-proclaimed moral superiority.

Typical.

Yeah, you mean the SCOTUS who had already decide the issue two generations ago? But you all decided to destroy our form of govt in order to stop women from doing something that nature already does the majority of the time. Because - sky santa would be sad.
I’m not at all religious. I just don’t believe it should be illegal to kill the unborn. Should have listened to RBG and everyone else that told you this would happen

What makes you think that? The high level blue vs red split is almost 25/25 (slight lean blue 26/24, 27/23 depending on criteria), of that, there are several light red shading to purple states. You're probably looking at more of 30/20 split when the dust settles.

Maybe I'm not accounting for states saying 20 weeks instead of 15, but I guess I could be more specific.

I think the Democratic position to "codify Wade" as guaranteed access through 9 months is not nearly as mainstream as you think it is, even among democrats. I mean, most European countries are in the 12-20 week range, and I don't normally think of France as a radical Christian theocracy.

I think only the bluest of blue states will guarantee full 9 month access. I think the vast majority of states will pass limits based on weeks, because that's where most people are. Support for unrestricted abortion after 4-5 months is just not that strong.

I would say that the 25 red states will all pass limits at 15 or less weeks. Of the 25 blue states, my guess is that as many of 15 will have limits of 15-20 weeks.

I could be wrong that there will be more states with <15 week bans than will allow 9 month abortion, if 20 weeks ends up being more where it settles.

But my point is, if people care about guaranteeing abortion access in early trimesters, this would be a good deal (if it is really on the table). I would guarantee that the considerable majority of abortions remain legal, which is far from guaranteed without a national deal. It would satisfy neither the pro-choice or pro-life idealists, but it would satisfy 60%+ of the American people.

Cool. So you abandoned your argument that the word has to be in the Constitution for the right to be enforced and switched to your self-proclaimed moral superiority.

Typical.
None of the things you listed infringe on rights. We can have a discussion about wether they are in the constitution but that’s not the argument and has nothing to do with my position. Abortion is not in the constitution, right to privacy extends to the unborn.

• Haha
Reactions: IAHawk2011
In an ideal world we won’t need or feel the need for adoptions.

Over 600,000 adoptions a year.
135,000 adoptions.
425,000 in foster care

Looks like we need many more prolife people stepping up to do their part. The system is already flooded. Now to force a person to have a baby that is unwilling, or unfit. Not to mention the possible young raped children that need to be reminded of the rape for 9+ months.

Again I wish adoptions were not needed, but we all make mistakes.

Reactions: CerroGordoHawk
Holy crap...work was insane today and I'm just now getting a break. I see the left is in full meltdown and went to check the news.

Anyhoo..the 15 week ban is where this should land. I understand the left is angry, but this really opens the door to put some real legislation around it, and the majority of America says after 15 weeks is about the right spot. Seems like the right thing to do.

In an ideal world we won’t need or feel the need for adoptions.

Over 600,000 adoptions a year.
135,000 adoptions.
425,000 in foster care

Looks like we need many more prolife people stepping up to do their part. The system is already flooded. Now to force a person to have a baby that is unwilling, or unfit. Not to mention the possible young raped children that need to be reminded of the rape for 9+ months.

Again I wish adoptions were not needed, but we all make mistakes.
So you feel that it is now on pro life to bridge the lack of personal responsibility because they said the states should decide abortion law?

Perhaps this will be the great return of personal accountability and being an adult.

So you feel that it is now on pro life to bridge the lack of personal responsibility because they said the states should decide abortion law?

Perhaps this will be the great return of personal accountability and being an adult.
So, are you agreeing that Conservatives are speaking out both sides of their mouth on this topic? Certainly sounds like you are. Abortion is bad... no abortion... have responsibility. Years later, don't be on welfare or SNAP... and your kid is causing trouble at school or committing crimes due to lack of nuclear family.

Talk about having you cake and eating it too.

Reactions: mattymoknows
We can have a discussion about wether they are in the constitution but that’s not the argument and has nothing to do with my position. Abortion is not in the constitution, right to privacy extends to the unborn.

Your position must have changed in the last hour. You just said that abortion wasn’t a constitutional right because it wasn’t in the Constitution. Here, I can quote you to you:

Umm none, hence being constitutional rights. Abortion isn’t in the constitution. This is 5th grade stuff

And I have no idea what you are taking about with the right to privacy extending to the unborn.

Have you read the 9th Amendment yet?

I’m not at all religious. I just don’t believe it should be illegal to kill the unborn. Should have listened to RBG and everyone else that told you this would happen
Bitch please. If it was about babies we'd have free maternal care. We'd have months of parental care. We'd have free diapers, formula and childcare. We'd have free preschool and after school programs.
But it's not about the 'babies' because you all don't give a shit about what happens to them once they're born. You've been taking programs away from them for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT