ADVERTISEMENT

The sun this morning—brightest it’s ever been?

Just the time of year is all.

Early each school year, my first bus trip melts my eyeballs. My Bluebird has a tinted lexan visor, I wear a cap pulled down, sunglasses...doesn't matter when you're staring directly into the sun.

Well, the luminosity of the sun will slowly increase over time as a consequence of fusing its store of hydrogen into helium. It will be about 10% more luminous a billion years from now. The morning drive will be the least of our worries, though. By that time, the Earth’s oceans will have evaporated…sooooooo…… :cool:

Well, the luminosity of the sun will slowly increase over time as a consequence of fusing its store of hydrogen into helium. It will be about 10% more luminous a billion years from now. The morning drive will be the least of our worries, though. By that time, the Earth’s oceans will have evaporated…sooooooo…… :cool:
giphy.webp

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
Wow. This is a day of hyperbole.

The sun is the brightest it's ever been.
The stock market is terrible.
FSU football is historically awful.

OK, that last one check out...

Wow. This is a day of hyperbole.

The sun is the brightest it's ever been.
The stock market is terrible.
FSU football is historically awful.

OK, that last one check out...
I didn't say the stock market is terrible, or that the market has tanked. I asked why it was tanking this morning (1.5%) despite no meaningful news.

Clear September mornings are spectacular in Iowa…..One of the most beautiful days I ever remember was the glorious sunshine on September 11, 2001. It was a glorious early September day in Iowa…..until about 0800 hrs…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT