• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Dec 31, 2014
This term is blatantly exclusionary. Liberals claim to promote inclusivity. This term is obviously exclusionary and divisive, but is it racist? Explain your response.

The phrase is descriptive of an uncomfortable truth that threatens divisiveness and the phrase provides a reasonably respectful description of the delineation between white and nonwhite people.

Divisiveness is in the eye of the beholder, but the intent of the phrase is to minimize just that: to provide a delineation that literally and figuratively does not 1) place descriptors of superficial attributes (color) in front of the acknowledgement of humanity or 2) suggest the lack of something (whiteness) that could be divisively construed as virtuous.

I agree these evolving descriptors can seem somewhat hokey and downright confusing.

I, along with several POC, work in a setting with very old people. The old folks often cannot remember a name when relaying a story and I see them struggle to be polite when they try to describe a POC whose name they forget. 9 times out of 10 they go with “darkie” which is not very respectful. This highlights the usefulness of striving for language that offers the greatest humanity and respect while providing the utilitarianism of a delineation that can otherwise be fraught with uncomfortable and unacceptable connotations.

Last edited:
Typically I don’t think so. It depends on the context. People of color also includes Hispanics, Asians, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islanders, Indigenous, etc..
A person of color I knew used the term for herself (she was African-American, another term).

Um...it's there entire political philosophy is centered on dividing America into oppressed vs oppressor groups.
Kinda weird given they’re the party that tries to increase participation versus the other that works to restrict and suppress it—and surgically with regard to certain groups of people.

You and your invented reality.

Last edited:
I always look at it as a catch all phrase. Kind of similar to Happy Holidays.

Under what circumstances is a Latino considered a person of color? Depending on the statistic or narrative that is being pushed they seem to be classified either way.

Kinda weird given they’re the party that tries to increase participation versus the other that works to restrict and suppress it—and surgically with regard to certain groups of people.

You and your invented reality.
ok boomer

I think people who constantly claim “I don’t see color” are full of it.

I was talking with a colleague. I didn't know another guy's name, so I referred to him as the black guy at the end of the hall. He acted offended and said, "I don't see color". I told him it was cool because I was black. He said, no you aren't. I said ah-ha.

Um...it's there entire political philosophy is centered on dividing America into oppressed vs oppressor groups.
I know you have a soviet high school education and English is your 2nd language but you've had their/there explained before....if you are too stupid to grasp this basic concept Vlad should really hire someone competent enougg for this. My 5th grade nephew is much smarter

I know you have a soviet high school education and English is your 2nd language but you've had their/there explained before....if you are too stupid to grasp this basic concept Vlad should really hire someone competent enougg for this. My 5th grade nephew is much smarter
Grammar Nazi's are worse than the real thing.

Grammar Nazi's are worse than the real thing.
Another idiotic thought...For dumb Russian shits like you I'm sure it's annoying. But you're not fooling anyone (not your for future reference). Evan Russian high schools were better than this I thought

ADVERTISEMENT