Is the term “People of Color” racist?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Um...it's there entire political philosophy is centered on dividing America into oppressed vs oppressor groups.

Sort of like how today’s entire conservative philosophy is centered on playing the victim and complaining about how oppressed conservatives are?

Straight white Christian male = oppressed
Everybody else = get over it...stop being so sensitive!!!!

You want to know what is really ironic?
White is the inclusion of all colors. Black is the inclusion of none.

source.gif

Is there anything trumpbaggers don't get butthurt about?

Hey, why you gotta be butthurt about someone bringing up the topic? Uncomfortable for you? Why?

@JMNSHO had a really good post (#16). It was interesting to me and I learned something.

Isn't talking about this stuff what you all clamor for? Maybe I'm wrongheaded and I'm trying to learn. Is that okay with you?

Hey, why you gotta be butthurt about someone bringing up the topic? Uncomfortable for you? Why?

@JMNSHO had a really good post (#16). It was interesting to me and I learned something.

Isn't talking about this stuff what you all clamor for? Maybe I'm wrongheaded and I'm trying to learn. Is that okay with you?
I'm not the one that's butthurt. And yes he/she did. And yes it's okay with me.

You haven't met me, clearly. My teammates called me Casper. Or White Out. Or bleach. Or salt, which evolved from saltine when one of the guys was like, he's not even the cracker, he's the salt on the cracker.

Nobody is that white except albinos.

You haven't met me, clearly. My teammates called me Casper. Or White Out. Or bleach. Or salt, which evolved from saltine when one of the guys was like, he's not even the cracker, he's the salt on the cracker.
Like Stephen Merchant... you can see your organs in your body like a newly born fish!

Reactions: Rudolph
How so? Who is feeling divided by liberals? You say that, but do you actually feel divided in real life?
While racism isnt always wrong the way liberals do it, it is always still racist. Obama was a great divider. Never missed an opportunity to make something about race whether it was or not.

Reparations: racist and divisive.
Affirmative action: racist and divisive.
Coverage of police involved shootings: racist and divisive
Ignoring black on white crime while highlighting white on black crime, when in fact both are just crime, potentially with no racial motivation: racist and divisive.

The above are liberal ideals. It's never a conservative pushing those ideas.

In fact, you have to be racist to begin with to believe any of the three above are a good approach to addressing a racial divide.

Not saying there aren't racist conservatives but honestly, being actively "anti-racist" is really just being racist in a PC way.

Yes, the KKK are racist, and they love them some Trump. I didn't read this thread but it's probably been brought up. Not sure I'd call Trump conservative but he sure ain't liberal.

Also, we're all too segregated, people now and forever more gravitate to others like them, and that doesn't help with a perception of equality.

I always felt white people were POC. We change color when we get cold, get hot and when we blush. We change color under different circumstances.

blacks remain the same color in those situations, so shouldn’t we be the people of color? Just a thought..

While racism isnt always wrong the way liberals do it, it is always still racist. Obama was a great divider. Never missed an opportunity to make something about race whether it was or not.

Reparations: racist and divisive.
Affirmative action: racist and divisive.
Coverage of police involved shootings: racist and divisive
Ignoring black on white crime while highlighting white on black crime, when in fact both are just crime, potentially with no racial motivation: racist and divisive.

The above are liberal ideals. It's never a conservative pushing those ideas.

In fact, you have to be racist to begin with to believe any of the three above are a good approach to addressing a racial divide.

Not saying there aren't racist conservatives but honestly, being actively "anti-racist" is really just being racist in a PC way.

Yes, the KKK are racist, and they love them some Trump. I didn't read this thread but it's probably been brought up. Not sure I'd call Trump conservative but he sure ain't liberal.

Also, we're all too segregated, people now and forever more gravitate to others like them, and that doesn't help with a perception of equality.

So much to address and honestly I dont have the energy or patience (or ability) to be the one to do it. Good luck to you. I hope you can overcome the persecution the liberals are putting you through.

So much to address and honestly I dont have the energy or patience (or ability) to be the one to do it. Good luck to you. I hope you can overcome the persecution the liberals are putting you through.
I didn't say that, but racism is racism. I only state that after looking inward first. You should too. I challenge you to objectively find anything incorrect about what I said. Or if you do find conservatives pushing affirmative action, etc. Feel free to link.

Last edited:
This term is blatantly exclusionary. Liberals claim to promote inclusivity. This term is obviously exclusionary and divisive, but is it racist? Explain your response.

People of color use the phrase "people of color". You would know that if you would become worldly.

I didn't say that, but racism is racism. I only state that after looking inward first. You should too. I challenge you to objectively find anything incorrect about what I said. Or if you do find conservatives pushing affirmative action, etc. Feel free to link.

It's all pretty much wrong. Wanting to ignore anything to do with race is a belief that people of color aren't at a disadvantage or have caught up with their peers in the majority. Its good for the people that have benefited from the status quo. Not the people that have systematically been put at a disadvantage by the status quo.

Take affirmative action. Tell me why you think its racist.

It's all pretty much wrong. Wanting to ignore anything to do with race is a belief that people of color aren't at a disadvantage or have caught up with their peers in the majority. Its good for the people that have benefited from the status quo. Not the people that have systematically been put at a disadvantage by the status quo.

Take affirmative action. Tell me why you think its racist.
Affirmative action in college admissions (or corporate diversity initiatives) give special consideration based on skin color. That's racist. If diversity were intended to be "socioeconomic" or "gender equity"(which would be sexist not racist) it wouldn't be racist, but in practice it's skin color. When someone asks if your student population or or town or workplace is diverse, they mean specifically 'do you have lots of different skin colors?' They don't care if you have a good mix of talents, backgrounds, and equally represented political views.

Affirmative action is attempting to fix past racism with more racism.

Systematic racism exists in the form of disparate impact (e.g. redlining from way back that trickles generationally), but it doesn't require anyone to drop out of school, join a gang, abandon a woman with child, or do any of the other things that lead people to difficult paths in life. Unfortunately these behaviors are most common in urban areas with large minority populations. Changing these destructive behaviors would do much more to fix racial inequity and disparate impact than affirmative action, BLM protests, or highlighting every white on black crime as racially motivated, or 'checking someone's privilege'.

Treat causes, not symptoms.

ADVERTISEMENT