ADVERTISEMENT

The "they" Pronoun - Will I ever get it?

Not sure how I would even offend a "they" person.

I would never say "Hi they" just like I wouldn't say "Hi he".

I would maybe say to another person, "He can help you with that".

So the only way I could offend that person is if the 3rd party went to "they" and said "that guy just called you he".

Maybe I'm just confused. LOL

Reactions: KFsdisciple

So the only way I could offend that person is if the 3rd party went to "they" and said "that guy just called you he".

You’re not confused, “they” are. You’re trying to apply logic to an illogical thing.

Maybe you're just bad at grammer.

Would you say "Hi he?" No? Because that's stupid.
If you would say "He can help you with that." you could also say "They can help you with that." and no one would bat an eye.

People are just making it difficult because they want to. Mostly because they're assholes.

If you would say "He can help you with that." you could also say "They can help you with that." and no one would bat an eye.

People are just making it difficult because they want to. Mostly because they're assholes.
How the phuck am I supposed to know when to call this person THEY?

So we are supposed to call everyone they from now on?

When you're asked to. It's really not that hard.
8b928cc5-c0e5-49aa-b0c4-abcc9fcf9608_text.gif

• Haha

Forcing others to play stupid word games that don't make sense based on societal norms like using plural pronouns for a single being would qualify as being an asshole.

Gender is a made up construct. I will not get on the same page, I will not open the book. I do not subscribe to mental illness and will not permit it to permeate my life. The answer respectfully is no.
Not to worry. I doubt anyone who identifies as non-binary is going to want to converse with you.

Forcing others to play stupid word games that don't make sense based on societal norms like using plural pronouns for a single being would qualify as being an asshole.
No is forcing you. You're free to be an asshole. Something people around you are probably used to by now.

Reactions: kc78

I often say "What are they up to" when I'm referencing someone. We all do. You all act like that word has never been used in that format ever. It's a complete rewriting of how our language has always been used.

Oh, I have no doubt you're proud of it.
Hey we had a whole month of pride celebration… I thought pride was a good thing! See I haven’t resorted to the name calling or the juvenile crying here. I’ve just simply said no… you can claim to be anything you want, you can identify as a sofa I don’t care, but I don’t have to participate in your game of make believe.

ADVERTISEMENT