ADVERTISEMENT

The "Threat to Democracy" Slogan Not Working

And let's not forget that the reason why many people downplay the 1/6 attempt to subvert democracy is that they have been lied to about it by most serving Republicans, a former President, the propaganda wing of the GOP (FOX), and multiple right wing and neofascist news rags and organizations.

That a lot of America is wrong on how seditious these rioters and plotters were is no accident.

Hey I know when I commit treason and sedition I ALWAYS wear a buffalo headdress with blue face paint.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The 1/6 event was alarming to any thinking person. The major difference is the extent of the alarm. The rhetoric from many on the left has drummed up even more alarm in many people.
Maybe you should read what Judge Luttig says about it.

Because it wasn't "just Trump". And the threat is about as bad as it's ever been.

I'm paraphrasing something I saw on TMB:

Wyoming voters: we are the most conservative state in the nation here is what matters to us...

Liz: I'm going after Trump

Wyoming voters: we are a big sky state who makes its living off the land and AG

Liz: I'm going after Trump

Wyoming voters: (Liz loses in a landslide)

Liz: ALL YOU GUYS CARE ABOUT IS TRUMP!!!

(It's amazing how accurate and true it is)
So, they don't care about conservatives. All they care about is maga scum fascism.

You may be right.

Then again, that's what a lot of people were saying during the Bolshevik Revolution.
Hindsight is 20/20, and I have that benefit. No members of Congress were taken hostage or injured. The Capitol was cleared fairly quickly. No one was charged with having a gun inside the Capitol building. Knives and pepper spray were found. It was simply a mob mentality after a relatively few people got the action started.

Ultimately Congress reconvened and did their job.

More concerning was Trump trying to intimidate Pence. The new law changing the certification process should keep that scenario from happening again. Now if someone could just share that with the dumbasses in the Wisconsin legislature...

So, they don't care about conservatives. All they care about is maga scum fascism.
You seem to be missing who it is that represents the will of the people they speak on behalf of. Maybe start from the top and read it again. She inundated herself with Trump, while ignoring the will of her constitutes, and then looked like a moron when she couldn't figure out why she didn't get re-elected.

Reactions: INXS83
Dems should really demand a refund from the consultant who came up with this idea.

A new NY Times/Sienna poll ...

1) Among registers voters .... they view Democrats as a bigger threat to democracy than Republicans ... 33% to 28%.

2) Among registered voters, the Media is seen as bigger threat to democracy than Electoral College, Supreme Court, Biden or Trump.

We should be striving to improve and secure our Constitutional Republic, which is an improvement over simple democracy.

The left embraces Marxism, which takes us farther away from a Constitutional Republic.

Voters get to decide.

We should be striving to improve and secure our Constitutional Republic, which is an improvement over simple democracy.

The left embraces Marxism, which takes us farther away from a Constitutional Republic.

Voters get to decide.
^^^ 35 fact filled words right there. Well done.

Reactions: seminoleed
Liz Cheney is a news organization? Is it on YTTV?

But you guys are right, none of the other stuff matters if Trump and his followers get their way. Inflation will be the least of our worries.
Trump bashed Dick, therefore, Liz bashes Trump.

Not building rockets here.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

Voters get to decide.

Yes, the voters should decide. However, the GOP today does not want that. They will respect the results of an election only if they win. If not, they are quite open to throwing out the results. This is why the GOP is the genuine, and all too real, threat to democracy.

Yes, the voters should decide. However, the GOP today does not want that. They will respect the results of an election only if they win. If not, they are quite open to throwing out the results. This is why the GOP is the genuine, and all too real, threat to democracy.
Dimpled Chad's.... anyone order dimpled chads....

Maybe you should read what Judge Luttig says about it.

Because it wasn't "just Trump". And the threat is about as bad as it's ever been.
It's easy to see what actually happened. I don't need to read other people's opinions.

Yeah, it's a government takeover when not a single firearm was taken from anyone inside the Capitol. ::sarcasm::

The 1/6 event was alarming to any thinking person. The major difference is the extent of the alarm. The rhetoric from many on the left has drummed up even more alarm in many people. They truly believe there was a danger in the US Government being overthrown and Trump keeping power. There was never any realistic threat of that happening. It was simply a riot, not an insurrection. If there was any intent by the majority of the rioters, it was disruption of that day's process. It's pretty clear there was no plan beyond that.

What happened on Jan. 6th is not what makes Republicans a threat to democracy. It’s the 8 Republican senators and 100+ House members who voted not to certify the results of the 2020 election, and the 100+ members of Congress that publicly endorsed a lawsuit challenging the results of the election.

Hindsight is 20/20, and I have that benefit. No members of Congress were taken hostage or injured. The Capitol was cleared fairly quickly. No one was charged with having a gun inside the Capitol building. Knives and pepper spray were found. It was simply a mob mentality after a relatively few people got the action started.

Ultimately Congress reconvened and did their job.

More concerning was Trump trying to intimidate Pence. The new law changing the certification process should keep that scenario from happening again. Now if someone could just share that with the dumbasses in the Wisconsin legislature...

I don’t believe we have hindsight yet. This isn’t over, and January 6th was just a dress rehearsal.

Those of you who don’t acknowledge the threat we are under are making us more vulnerable.

It's amazing how much money Republicans have dumped into these elections. Almost like they are getting funding from someplace else. Like, something that might make Republicans take an active role in denying Ukraine aid. I wonder who might stand to gain from a policy like that. Hmmm....

Why do I care?
It's not taught in schools; I'm not fooled by silly propaganda like you are and millions of other voters are.
That's a he'll of a deflection Joe.

How do you feel about Critical Law theory?

If you are not educated enough in its principles, (read "tenets") it's OK for you to say that you are uneducated on the subject.

Really? You brought up CRT in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
You were discussing Marxism correct? Your ignorance on Marxism and the origins of CRT are starting to show.

Are you educated enough in CRT to discuss its foundations and Marxist principals? It's OK to say you are not.

I don’t believe we have hindsight yet. This isn’t over, and January 6th was just a dress rehearsal.

Those of you who don’t acknowledge the threat we are under are making us more vulnerable.
You are part of the suicidal left, that’s obvious.

maybe you and a couple others here should get together and build some real relationships and actually live a live, WITH REAL PEOPLE.

Reactions: INXS83 and goldmom
What happened on Jan. 6th is not what makes Republicans a threat to democracy. It’s the 8 Republican senators and 100+ House members who voted not to certify the results of the 2020 election, and the 100+ members of Congress that publicly endorsed a lawsuit challenging the results of the election.
I wonder if it was a threat to democracy when Democrat Reps and Senators objected to election results?

You are part of the suicidal left, that’s obvious.

Is Judge Luttig part of the "suicidal left" as well?
Because what's going on is far beyond just the Capitol invasion of 1/6. And the claims of "voter fraud", which incited that crowd, are the same fuel for the current attacks on our democracy.

Despite >80 court cases where judges said "show us the evidence", but there wasn't any.

I wonder if it was a threat to democracy when Democrat Reps and Senators objected to election results?

Do whatever you have to do to convince yourself that voting for these losers is no big deal because the Dems have totally done the exact same thing before. Go team red!!!

Do whatever you have to do to convince yourself that voting for these losers is no big deal because the Dems have totally done the exact same thing before. Go team red!!!
None of the people I will be voting for this election will have objected to the election results of 2020 but keep trying.

The actual objecting/not certifying of the election is wrong and dumb. It has been tried by members of Congress from both parties many times over the past two decades. Why is it so hard to say that is dumb all the time instead of only now ''worrying about democracy'' when those objections came from the party you despise?

• Haha
These things are "equivalent" in your mind?

Perhaps you should use slightly more careful analysis in your comparisons....
Who said equivalent? Did those Democrat Reps/Senators object to election results in 2000, 2004, 20016 or not? Its a simple quesiton Joe. And if they did was that also a threat to democracy? Yes or No?

• Haha

A dress rehearsal for what? Give us a prediction, or predictions for what you think is going to happen.

Who said equivalent? Did those Democrat Reps/Senators object to election results in 2000, 2004, 20016 or not? Its a simple quesiton Joe. And if they did was that also a threat to democracy? Yes or No?
I think it had to do with the alternative electors in the swing states. The ones Ron Johnson had. You are very ignorant of the details leading up to January 6 and the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT