ADVERTISEMENT

The "Threat to Democracy" Slogan Not Working

Dimpled Chad's.... anyone order dimpled chads....
You have to admit this was a poorly designed ballot and could easily have led to confusion.

butterflyballot300.jpg

And the landslide brought me down........

Eat a snickers pisspants, the repubs are about to take over in November from this shower of shit the democrats have ran for 2 years and wait for it..... we won't be a fascist country no matter how scared of the boogeyman you are.
GFY you syphletic afterbirth of a russian grudgef**k. You can take your pissed in pants and shove them down your throat. If you fascist maga scum get control, democracy is dead, and if you weren't such a f**king stupid inbred, you would understand that.

Reactions: franklinman
Could you post The NY Times poll? It’s behind a paywall and the article you linked is all Fox News polling.
The data is still behind the paywall. I think Tom Paris or Chis might have a subscription to the NYT poll and could post all the data. There could be more nuggets in there ... I only have what the NYT teased out to other news agencies. The second link from Mediaite has some of the data if you scroll down.

The data is still behind the paywall. I think Tom Paris or Chis might have a subscription to the NYT poll and could post all the data. There could be more nuggets in there ... I only have what the NYT teased out to other news agencies.
Where did you see it?

Dems should really demand a refund from the consultant who came up with this idea.

A new NY Times/Sienna poll ...

1) Among registers voters .... they view Democrats as a bigger threat to democracy than Republicans ... 33% to 28%.

2) Among registered voters, the Media is seen as bigger threat to democracy than Electoral College, Supreme Court, Biden or Trump.

Americans are in large very dumb. A slogan has to be incredibly simplified and dumbed down to be effective.

This. May be a bad slogan, but it is 100% true.

Goldie calling out Tom for his level of education is HILARIOUS.
Is it more hilarious than a bitter old guy hunched in the corner on the verge of tears yelling out silly quotes from the left?
Yes. It is.

I fully agree with you on the Freedom of the Press and everything in the 1st Amendment ... probably why it's 1st. I think what this poll may be telling us is people don't believe the press anymore (both sides) ... not that they don't believe Freedom of the Press is not important. So, I assume you are fully in support of not censoring individuals on the internet (press or individuals)?
Yes I am...when it comes to phuquin' lies and half-thruths.....throw the bastards in jail. And folks like Bannon/Trump/FOX News spews nothing but lies and half-truths.

Yes I am...when it comes to phuquin' lies and half-thruths.....throw the bastards in jail. And folks like Bannon/Trump/FOX News spews nothing but lies and half-truths.
10 thumbs up if they broke a law. If it's just lies, we won't have anyone left in Congress or the WH.

Not really. The Democrats have pushed many anti-democratic measures.
  • Adding Justices to Supreme Court
  • Abolishing the Electoral College
  • Adding Washington DC and Puerto Rico as states so they can get more senators
  • Nationalizing elections
  • Abolishing the filibuster
How many of these have had legislation proposed?

People always forget that ballot was DESIGNED by the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections. She was a DEMOCRAT.
No, I remember. She was obviously awful at her job, but you are right the Democrats were responsible for the ballot. My point was simply that it is easy to understand how someone could accidentally punch the wrong hole or start to and then realize their mistake.

You stated that the Democrats have pushed these measures. You sound like Fox News right now. Scary stuff that COULD happen.
Dude all the Dems have is breathless hyperbole. Threats to democracy! Traitors! Overturning elections! None of it is backed up by any facts at all. Just peruse this board on any given day. It's hilarious except for the fact that some actually believe it.

Meanwhile Dems barely failed this year to abolish the filibuster in an attempt to ram through the Freedom to Vote Act, which would have usurped the states' authority to administer their own elections. You know, an actual threat to democracy.

Dude all the Dems have is breathless hyperbole. Threats to democracy! Traitors! Overturning elections! None of it is backed up by any facts at all. Just peruse this board on any given day. It's hilarious except for the fact that some actually believe it.

Meanwhile Dems barely failed this year to abolish the filibuster in an attempt to ram through the Freedom to Vote Act, which would have usurped the states' authority to administer their own elections. You know, an actual threat to democracy.
Yes. The far left are idiots as are the the far right. When did the Dems try to abolish the filibuster? By the way, you are pretty far right.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Not really. The Democrats have pushed many anti-democratic measures.
  • Adding Justices to Supreme Court
  • Abolishing the Electoral College
  • Adding Washington DC and Puerto Rico as states so they can get more senators
  • Nationalizing elections
  • Abolishing the filibuster
Adding Justices happened often and we are long overdue in adding more.
Yes DC and PR should be States if Idaho and Wyoming are. Yes on Nationalizing Elections to prevent corrupt red hell hole states from their BS and Yes, the Filibuster is a disgrace and needs to go.

Yes. The far left are idiots as are the the far right. When did the Dems try to abolish the filibuster? By the way, you are pretty far right.
This past January. They wanted to abolish the filibuster to push through their Freedom to Vote Act just this past January but Sinema and Manchin wouldn't go along with it.

Like most people I am all over the map politically based on the issues, but no doubt I am a conservative.

Reactions: INXS83
Adding Justices happened often and we are long overdue in adding more.
Yes DC and PR should be States if Idaho and Wyoming are. Yes on Nationalizing Elections to prevent corrupt red hell hole states from their BS and Yes, the Filibuster is a disgrace and needs to go.
Thanks for your contribution to the conversation.

Dems should really demand a refund from the consultant who came up with this idea.

1) Among registers voters .... they view Democrats as a bigger threat to democracy than Republicans ... 33% to 28%.

2) Among registered voters, the Media is seen as bigger threat to democracy than Electoral College, Supreme Court, Biden or Trump.

Nor did people believe the housing market was going to crash in 2007 etc... very few people can see when such catastrophe is on their doorstep.

This past January. They wanted to abolish the filibuster to push through their Freedom to Vote Act just this past January but Sinema and Manchin wouldn't go along with it.

Like most people I am all over the map politically based on the issues, but no doubt I am a conservative.
Did they actually vote on it? I know there was some discussion. Edit: Closure Vote. My bad.

The majority of voters who actually swing elections never really pay attention to anything other than the economy. It takes a lot to swing them to look past the economy. So I'm not surprised that the majority of swing voters are pretty much uninformed about anything that's happening. Trump made everybody so uncomfortable that they did look past the economy last time and voted for sanity to return. And Biden has done a good job of that, and without Republicans in charge anywhere, they haven't really been able to make enough noise to get people uncomfortable again. So I fully expect most voters to simply look at their wallet and say thing's cost more so let's give the other side a chance.

There's about 60% who really pay attention, they're they're so entrenched to their side that it would take something massive to ever move them. So we essentially run to the middle 30-40% who remain.

The fear is that Republicans have shown that they're willing to do everything possible to change rules so that they can maintain control even if they don't have the votes to win. We see this with all the pushes to allow legislatures to simply assign who they want as President regardless of what the votes in their state say, and the push to gerrymander state legislatures to always back one side. BUT, the majority of swing voters don't look at this or if they do, they don't really consider it too deeply. Republicans are counting on this. We have to hope that our courts and systems can't be overthrown that easily, but I'm beginning to lose hope.

As a white heterosexual male I'll be fine. But I have a lot of fear for many of my friends in more fringe groups.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT