ADVERTISEMENT

The truth about the Trump economy (?)

Agreed. Provocative, and there is a lot I don't agree with. However, it does point out how the majority of Trump's voters have not benefited from his presidency.
That is why he needs to wave the flag, and demonize his opponents. If he can't keep those voters distracted about declining wage power and health care access declining they'll turn on him.

Who is this Joseph Stiglitz and what does know about modern economic history?

He’s no Stuart Varney.

Most will not benefit from the economy going forward no matter who is president unless you are invested in stock market.

Everybody is trying to reduce costs and that means labor costs.

everybody should be in the stock market even if that is only $20 to $50 a month

Reactions: GobysHawk
Terrible article. The economy under Trump has been wonderful for me, and I am like a 7 present-er, so not a “1 presenter nor even a 0.1 percenter”.

Also, 55 percent of Americans own stocks (Gallop), so over half of Americans have benefited there.

I find Trump despicable, and I am not sure how much of this great economy is due to him, but it is a joke to say only the very rich have benefitted from it.

Most will not benefit from the economy going forward no matter who is president unless you are invested in stock market.

Over half of Americans are.

Agree that people should try to be invested in the stock market, but setting aside 1% of your income to stocks is basically meaningless in the retirement/wealth picture.

I have $80 more every paycheck from the tax cut.
Have you filed your taxes yet. A lot of people were surprised at tax time last year that either they had to pay more or received less. Employees were told to make changes in their deductions for this year. Tax cut is not permanent for individuals but is for corporations. Under tax plan rates jump significantly in 2027.

Reactions: mstp1992
Have you filed your taxes yet. A lot of people were surprised at tax time last year that either they had to pay more or received less. Employees were told to make changes in their deductions for this year. Tax cut is not permanent for individuals but is for corporations. Under tax plan rates jump significantly in 2027.

Sounds like a lot of people dont know how taxes work.

Reactions: unIowa
Don't have W2 yet- my state is controlled by libs.

Our great president continues to make America great. I get an extra $65.00 a month on my paychecks from Walmart which means the wife and I get to take the kids to Golden Corral at the end of the month.

Thank you Mr. President!

Bigger paychecks. Bigger tax return. Better 401k.

Only real complaint people have is that it lasts 10 years. As if I'm supposed to be mad about getting more money now because I wont be in 10 years

Bigger paychecks. Bigger tax return. Better 401k.

Only real complaint people have is that it lasts 10 years. As if I'm supposed to be mad about getting more money now because I wont be in 10 years
Gradual increase every year until 2027

Agreed. Provocative, and there is a lot I don't agree with. However, it does point out how the majority of Trump's voters have not benefited from his presidency.
That is why he needs to wave the flag, and demonize his opponents. If he can't keep those voters distracted about declining wage power and health care access declining they'll turn on him.
My 401k thanks Trump bigly

Agreed about Trump voters not benefiting,

Question, how has the African American population benefited from voting Dem every election?

This is not a deflection, but an honest question. That population as a whole has not progressed much, and actually has taken a step backwards over the decades.

So why would they keep voting Dem? And why would Trump supporters keep voting for Trump if they aren’t benefiting?

My guess is that he has already lost these blue collar voters who normally don't vote. They rolled the dice on him being able to improve their fortunes. He hasn't. So my guess is that they will go back to staying home.

images

How much per paycheck is your share of Trump's ballooning national debt?

Just a little more than the $9 trillion Obama over spent.

u til the feds get spending under control I am happy to keep as much of my money as I can.

The economy will do much better when the Dems get in.

I know my 401(k) will do great when the new president starts going after corporate profits.

I also plan on spending more when my taxes go up.

The economy will do much better when the Dems get in.

I know my 401(k) will do great when the new president starts going after corporate profits.

I also plan on spending more when my taxes go up.
Think how well the stock market would do if we all stopped paying our mortgages. Let's do it!

It seems like the Trump economy is just a continuation of the Obama economy.

Reactions: mstp1992
ADVERTISEMENT