ADVERTISEMENT

The unanswered question of our time: is bigfoot real?

I believe Bigfoot is real. Too many sightings by people that can't be explained as something else. Too many people are 100% certain they saw one. No way they are all crackpots. No way ALL of them were somebody playing a joke.

I'll give you the short version: Several years ago I was scouting out some pasture ground near the Black Hawk & Benton County line just east of the very small town of Mt. Auburn crossed the bridge that spans the Cedar River and back onto a gravel road. While sitting in my pickup trying to dechiper a plat book map I looked up to see a smallish apelike animal, about the size of a large monkey, come out of a wet ditch and onto the gravel road directly in front of me. I had the impression I was looking at a juvenile animal as it was about 30ish inches tall. I watched it groom itself and such for about 2 minutes before it quickly stood back up on two feet and appeared to hear something in the distance - it then moved away from me for about 25-30 feet and enter a field. I started my truck and drove up to the field entrance to look at it again but it was gone from view. I never saw it again.
Sounds like an escaped exotic pet.

I was thinking trail cameras would have caught something on camera by now. Even trail cams used by researchers studying other animal species should have accidently come across something by now you would think.

Most of the country lives east of the Missouri River, once you travel out West you start to understand how big and vast this country really is. There is a lot of unpopulated, mountainous, secluded areas of this country. So it is possible Bigfoot exists and we haven't come across evidence yet.

This is definitely true. The wife (no pic) and I drove from KC to Southern California back in 2012. We drove through Utah and eventually through Southern Nevada. It was unreal to me how we could drive for what seemed like 100 miles and not see any sign of development, no towns, only empty exits. I got pretty concerned at one point as we were about 60 miles to empty on gas in a mountainous area. The gas station we finally came upon in Western Utah was something out of a zombie apocalypse movie. I have told several friends that were going to travel through that area that if you see a gas station, GET GAS.

Yes. Ghost are real and I'm being 100% honest about this. When I was growing up a young man made a mistake and died when his car collided with ours. There have been several experiences in my life where he has "been there".
Although, I have not had any "personal" experience.....some of the people I know that have, have been sincere enough that I simply know they were not being dishonest. I believe you Whiskey.

A few years ago, my brother and a friend of his, were turkey hunting West of Des Moines. He came across a deer carcass which was basically fur and bones. They claim it must have been a mountain lion but perhaps it was bigfoot.

Whoa, no shit?!
Yes. And while I'm often snarky or even a straight up dick on here I'm being 100% serious. Dude saved my sisters life (exploded appendix in the middle of the night, He woke my mom up standing at the foot of her bed and the way she describes it is unreal somehow instead of creeping her out he calmed her and got her to go check on my sister) and has "stopped" me from drinking and driving several times including once where a perfectly working vehicle wouldn't start and then started just fine the next morning when I woke up in the driver's seat.

Yes. And while I'm often snarky or even a straight up dick often on here I'm being 100% serious. Dude saved my sisters life (exploded appendix in the middle of the night, woke my mom up standing at the foot of her bed) and has "stopped" me from drinking and driving several times including once where a perfectly working vehicle wouldn't start and then started just fine the next morning when I woke up in the driver's seat.

Wow, that is unreal! I have never heard first hand accounts like this.

Also, I wouldn't call yourself a dick. Frankly, one of the main reasons I am on here is to hear the opinion of others, especially now when it seems like I hardly get to interact with anyone. I have friends of all persuasions, political views and sexual orientation, etc. Differences of opinion are a part of life and I'll always respect that. I try not to get too wound up about stuff on here.

Wow, that is unreal! I have never heard first hand accounts like this.

Also, I wouldn't call yourself a dick. Frankly, one of the main reasons I am on here is to hear the opinion of others, especially now when it seems like I hardly get to interact with anyone. I have friends of all persuasions, political views and sexual orientation, etc. Differences of opinion are a part of life and I'll always respect that. I try not to get too wound up about stuff on here.
Yeah dude there was also a really weird experience after my cousin killed himself but that one isn't as concrete. (We were driving home from his funeral, I was like 12, and I asked my mom "why would Brian do that" and out of nowhere "end of the innocence" came on her grand prix stereo. 1. The song came on, played, and the stereo immediately turned off. 2. I vividly remember it saying "cd" as it was playing. 3. The CD changer in an late 90s GP was in the trunk and that CD wasn't even in the 5 cd slot. You could convince me the Song thing happened because 90s technology was weird and maybe it was on the radio or something. When "J" is around I know it and there is no debate he is there.

Reactions: jasonrann
Maybe at one time.
bigfoot.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is fake. Doped up hippies more likely.

This is definitely true. The wife (no pic) and I drove from KC to Southern California back in 2012. We drove through Utah and eventually through Southern Nevada. It was unreal to me how we could drive for what seemed like 100 miles and not see any sign of development, no towns, only empty exits. I got pretty concerned at one point as we were about 60 miles to empty on gas in a mountainous area. The gas station we finally came upon in Western Utah was something out of a zombie apocalypse movie. I have told several friends that were going to travel through that area that if you see a gas station, GET GAS.
Same goes for Canada. Lots of hiding places out there if you really want to hide. The fact that pretty much all Native Americans seem to have oral traditions passed down of big harry monsters adds a little smoke to the bigfoot fire for me.

Also I walked by this guy just about every day for 4 years at Iowa...
Bigfoot_news_Bigfoot_lunch_club_gigantopithecus_and_special_needs.jpg

Reactions: jasonrann
Same goes for Canada. Lots of hiding places out there if you really want to hide. The fact that pretty much all Native Americans seem to have oral traditions passed down of big harry monsters adds a little smoke to the bigfoot fire for me.

Also I walked by this guy just about every day for 4 years at Iowa...
Bigfoot_news_Bigfoot_lunch_club_gigantopithecus_and_special_needs.jpg
Well if there are stories then sign me up. Vampires too.

Reactions: SpyderHawk
UFO: Sure, there’s plenty of unidentified flying objects. Are they actually extraterrestrial? Lol, no.
Bigfoot: lol, no.
Ghosts: lol, no.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
UFO: Sure, there’s plenty of unidentified flying objects. Are they actually extraterrestrial? Lol, no.
Bigfoot: lol, no.
Ghosts: lol, no.
Ghosts are certain. UFO's are certain. Bigfoots were certain but went extinct.

Gigantopithecus was real. Why is it such a stretch of the imagination to think it could have smaller, more athletic cousins around the world?
and they went extinct 300,000 years ago. But, there are apes in the world too. And, we've seen apes and they are well documented. If there was some large ape-like creature running around near enough to man to have been "seen" and "photographed" on multiple occasions, they are close enough to man to have been recorded with actual clear footage/pics.

Close enough for me. Any chance to use this image I will take.

ec66bff52f6bb3ef40998f6e2e3bdbc4.jpg

Some of you may be confused as to why I just posted a picture of Heather Fleck but that is in fact a "ballchinian" from thr popular men in black franchise. I know, the resemblance is uncanny.
am I supposed to know who heather fleck is?

Reactions: SpyderHawk
Every year scientists discover a "new" species that has never been documented before. Isn't there some African ape that was thought to be a myth up until about the 1900's but is real?

I don't think it's that crazy that there is a Bigfoot or Yeti like creatures roaming around the Rockies or Himalayas. Vast, mountainous, isolated regions.

I'm sure are friends in the south find Voodoo dolls intriguing. That's another discussion.

Last edited:
That is one of the worst aspects of reporting a sighting...other people suggesting what you must have seen instead of what you saw.
Yeah it just seems like you reported a baboon/monkey/gibbon/etc... If tiger king taught us anything it is that a hell of a lot of more people than you’d think have exotic pets. Wouldn’t surprise in the least of some bored rich farmer had something that got loose

Every year scientists discover a "new" species that has never been documented before. Isn't there some African ape that was thought to be a myth up until about the 1900's but is real?

I don't think it's that crazy that there is a Bigfoot or Yeti like creatures roaming around the Rockies or Himalayas. Vast, mountainous, isolated regions.
The Mountain Gorilla (Silverback) was just a legend of the local people until their discovery by western scientists in 1902. They live at elevations of 8,000 to 13,000 feet. They also live in family pods. If Bigfoot or Yeti is a solitary creature, they would be that much more difficult to find.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT