ADVERTISEMENT

The US Post Office is the worst

swagsurfer02

HR King
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
I had to mail some gift cards, so I’m standing in line for about 10 minutes. Only two people ahead of me. I finally get to the counter and tell the lady working, I have four gift cards going to different places.

She told me to go over to the packages and write the addresses on them and come back. I did it, then had to spend another 5 minutes in line with only one person in front of me.

Why couldn’t she take my gift cards, put them in envelopes and put the addresses on them?

I would’ve went to the UPS store but the post office was closer. Lesson learned, no wonder they are losing tons of money.

The worst

I had to mail some gift cards, so I’m standing in line for about 10 minutes. Only two people ahead of me. I finally get to the counter and tell the lady working, I have four gift cards going to different places.

She told me to go over to the packages and write the addresses on them and come back. I did it, then had to spend another 5 minutes in line with only one person in front of me.

Why couldn’t she take my gift cards, put them in envelopes and put the addresses on them?

I would’ve went to the UPS store but the post office was closer. Lesson learned, no wonder they are losing tons of money.

The worst
You went to the post office with just the gift cards and wanted the clerk to address the envelopes for you?

I guess I thought that was their job
I mean...do you realize the delay if the clerk was filling out the addresses for all the packages they receive. So, what you need to do next time (and I guess you didn't know this) is ask where the full-service line is...they usually hide it, but you go in the back and they take care of everything for you. Usually you can just run a tab instead of paying right there.

Are you serious? WTF. You’ve never been to the post office before?

You show up with things to mail but they’re not packaged, labeled, etc... and you’re complaining about them being slow?

I’ve done the exact same thing at the UPS store. In and out. No problems

Reactions: Hawk_82
I mean...do you realize the delay if the clerk was filling out the addresses for all the packages they receive. So, what you need to do next time (and I guess you didn't know this) is ask where the full-service line is...they usually hide it, but you go in the back and they take care of everything for you. Usually you can just run a tab instead of paying right there.

Apparently they were unwilling to put them in the envelopes. Also, they were out of the ones she instructed me to use. The whole thing was a hassle.

The worst
Lol.

The worst
Screw everyone else in this thread. Im on your side.

Last time i went to the post office, it was in late 2020. I had a package to ship. I needed a box, but this was in the 2nd room (where the tellers are) and they only allowed 2 people in there. So i wait for 25 minutes to get to the 2nd room. When i get there, the teller says that all packages must be addressed and ready to go, otherwise i have to go out to the first room and start over in the line.

I just threw my item in the box and said i was ready. Then they refused to put a strip of tape on the box. I had to buy strips that cost as much as a whole roll of tape.

Absolutely no customer service.

Reactions: sob5
This thread is surprisingly amusing. Did not expect it.
giphy.gif

It was either Joe Rogan or maybe Marc Maron or Adam Carolla or similar who originally turned me on to Stamps.com which helps you bypass the post office. Of course, if you only use the post office once every 5/10 years, probably worth the inconvenience of figuring it out each time.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Serious question: first time you went into a bathroom with a bathroom attendant, did you wait for him to wipe your ass?

I take it, you work for the post office. I bet suicide rates are astronomical.

It was either Joe Rogan or maybe Marc Maron or Adam Carolla or similar who originally turned me on to Stamps.com which helps you bypass the post office. Of course, if you only use the post office once every 5/10 years, probably worth the inconvenience of figuring it out each time.

I’ve been in a post office like 2 times in the past decade. One time was to pick up a package.

I also have only written a check like a handful of times in the past 5 years.

No, don't work for the post office.

I take it that your employer doesn't rely on you to make any high-level decisions.

Nah, he told me since I didn’t know I already had to put addresses on letters/packages that I’m not allowed to.

I always have my packages ready to just throw in a drop box or on the counter when I go into the post office. Feels good watching all of the miserable line people while I am in and out.

Also HyVees have Postal Substations at customer service, it is even easier to just drop them there then buy a turkey to toss in the wave.

Last time I got finger printed was at a UPS store. That one was weird to me. It's like that Gallagher joke about parking on the driveway and driving on the parkway. But they were much nicer taking my prints at UPS than Johnson County.

The worst
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT