ADVERTISEMENT

The Verge: Spotify CEO defends Joe Rogan deal in tense company town hall

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
"I understand the premise that because we have an exclusive deal with him, it's really easy to conclude we endorse every word he says and believe the opinions expressed by his guests. That's absolutely not the case,"

. He explained why he doesn't consider Spotify a publisher of JRE, meaning it would assume editorial responsibility for what Rogan and his guests say.

Reactions: HawkMD
"What I'm trying to say here is - let's be happy being sell outs! It benefits us all. I mean, me and Joe the most, but you little people do ok to! So quit your bitching and get back to coding or whatever it is we hired you to do."

Even Reed Hastings doesn’t pretend Netflix isn’t responsible for the content they buy.

Reactions: HawkMD
Straw man. The argument isn’t that you agree with what he says. The argument is that you can and should prevent people from spreading false medical advice on your platform.
The 'settledness' of science isn't always so.

There was an amazing, catchy jingle that played on television and radio commercials in the 90s and got stuck in my head constantly. “I love eggs—from my head down to my legs! You’ve got to love it, the incredible, edible egg!”

It was all marketing, of course, but at the time, the unpopular egg needed the boost. This was during an era in which nutritional science suggested dietary fat and cholesterol were largely responsible for the rising percentage of Americans facing obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Eggs were high in cholesterol, so they were kicked out of the nutritious club.

Because science is dynamic and progressive and we’re always learning more, we know now that the research that led to those conclusions was flawed. (More on that later!) Renowned researchers, top physicians, and experienced registered dietitians like me agree that eggs really do reserve that “incredible, edible” reputation, but producers can’t even call them “healthy” on the carton (let alone sing about it).

Reactions: Warrior Poet31
Are there pics of Rodan's wife? If so, than post them, if not, it's just some guy with a podcast that hrot likes to menstruate to.

• Haha
Reactions: billanole
Are there pics of Rodan's wife? If so, than post them, if not, it's just some guy with a podcast that hrot likes to menstruate to.
lt2uKIK.png

Reactions: mnole03
What about all fake news from corporate media? Fauci is a scum bag liar he gave money to the lab that started this.

Damnit, i tried. I might do it if she/ he has a big balls of fire and watches golden girls and doesnt know how to use youtube. Call me when off life support, the art is beatiuful. It really is! Cant wait. You can mail me if you want to make money.

The 'settledness' of science isn't always so.

There was an amazing, catchy jingle that played on television and radio commercials in the 90s and got stuck in my head constantly. “I love eggs—from my head down to my legs! You’ve got to love it, the incredible, edible egg!”

It was all marketing, of course, but at the time, the unpopular egg needed the boost. This was during an era in which nutritional science suggested dietary fat and cholesterol were largely responsible for the rising percentage of Americans facing obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Eggs were high in cholesterol, so they were kicked out of the nutritious club.

Because science is dynamic and progressive and we’re always learning more, we know now that the research that led to those conclusions was flawed. (More on that later!) Renowned researchers, top physicians, and experienced registered dietitians like me agree that eggs really do reserve that “incredible, edible” reputation, but producers can’t even call them “healthy” on the carton (let alone sing about it).

However, some things are known to be false or misleading. You cannot use the self-correcting nature of science to declare there is nothing irresponsible about spreading false information with the argument, “It might turn out to be true!”

An example is using VAERS data to declare vaccines are killing people. The very usage of the data is wrong, and spreading claims based on that is, absolutely and unchanging, lying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT