ADVERTISEMENT

The weather on Neptune

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
I thought this article giving information about the weather on Neptune was a little interesting.

"Neptune, which orbits the sun at a distance of 2.8 billion miles (4.5 billion kilometers), experiences seasons like Earth does -- they just last much longer. One year on Neptune lasts for about 165 Earth years, so a single season can last around 40 years. It's been summertime in Neptune's southern hemisphere since 2005."

"Nearly 100 thermal images of Neptune taken since then showed that much of Neptune gradually cooled, dropping by 14 degrees Fahrenheit (8 degrees Celsius) between 2003 and 2018."

"Then, a dramatic warming event occurred at Neptune's south pole between 2018 and 2020 and temperatures rose by 20 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius)."

Still not warm enough to want to go vacation there.

"Frosty Neptune has an average of negative 340 degrees Fahrenheit (negative 220 degrees Celsius)"

90_feature_1600x900_4.jpg

I thought this article giving information about the weather on Neptune was a little interesting.

"Neptune, which orbits the sun at a distance of 2.8 billion miles (4.5 billion kilometers), experiences seasons like Earth does -- they just last much longer. One year on Neptune lasts for about 165 Earth years, so a single season can last around 40 years. It's been summertime in Neptune's southern hemisphere since 2005."

"Nearly 100 thermal images of Neptune taken since then showed that much of Neptune gradually cooled, dropping by 14 degrees Fahrenheit (8 degrees Celsius) between 2003 and 2018."

"Then, a dramatic warming event occurred at Neptune's south pole between 2018 and 2020 and temperatures rose by 20 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius)."

"Frosty Neptune has an average of negative 340 degrees Fahrenheit (negative 220 degrees Celsius)"

Yup. Not to mention the winds of up to over a thousand MPH.

Global cooling. I wonder how Al Gore managed that....

Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT