ADVERTISEMENT

The wheels falling off at good ol F*** st.????

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
Nittany Lions (4-0) edge winless Penn at the Palestra last night. Team is wracked by “The Penn State Flu”: no RBY, no Brooks, no Kerkvliet (forfeit at heavyweight). Nick Lee returned from his injury/illness. Looked rust-covered in winning 6-3. The cataclysmic black hole at 125 remains until the Central Michigan transfer Hildebrandt qualifies in January. 157 is another struggling weight class. Ball filling in/wrestling up for Brooks at 184 was vital. Where would this team be without Cornell transfer Max Dean at 197? Also wrestling up, he is the team MVP right now after pummeling former State College HS star Cole Urbas 20-10 (mathematically clinching bout).

PSU returns to Rec Hall Sunday at 2PM for Lehigh. Hopefully some of the sick & wounded return to the Lion lineup. #WeAre
🤼‍♂️
🔵
⚪️

See less
— at Palestra.

This is from Penn State Wrestling page!!!! A page were they claim "they are the ONLY dynasty in college sports!" What is going on over there? Looks like a monkey could have spent all that slush $$$$ wiser and done a better job!

It can't be. The Nashville nut hugger said PSU tech falls everyone. We don't have a chance against them.

It can't be. The Nashville nut hugger said PSU tech falls everyone. We don't have a chance against them.
I'm sorry, hoythawk..what was that? I don't mind if you throw my name out there but prefer that you stick to what I actually said vice putting words in my mouth if you're going to talk sh*t. I said their hammers do what their hammers do (go for TFs) and that I would like to see our top tier hammers do more of that (score the points and then if the Fall comes so be it)...kind of like what Lee and ADS do when they're on the mat. I feel sorry for guys like you. You probably had an incredible high school experience, but now you're a shell of the man you thought you'd be so you lash out at others to feel better about yourself. You're pathetic.

Nittany Lions (4-0) edge winless Penn at the Palestra last night. Team is wracked by “The Penn State Flu”: no RBY, no Brooks, no Kerkvliet (forfeit at heavyweight). Nick Lee returned from his injury/illness. Looked rust-covered in winning 6-3. The cataclysmic black hole at 125 remains until the Central Michigan transfer Hildebrandt qualifies in January. 157 is another struggling weight class. Ball filling in/wrestling up for Brooks at 184 was vital. Where would this team be without Cornell transfer Max Dean at 197? Also wrestling up, he is the team MVP right now after pummeling former State College HS star Cole Urbas 20-10 (mathematically clinching bout).

PSU returns to Rec Hall Sunday at 2PM for Lehigh. Hopefully some of the sick & wounded return to the Lion lineup. #WeAre
🤼‍♂️
🔵
⚪️

See less
— at Palestra.

This is from Penn State Wrestling page!!!! A page were they claim "they are the ONLY dynasty in college sports!" What is going on over there? Looks like a monkey could have spent all that slush $$$$ wiser and done a better job!
If I'm a PSU fan, I'm thinking like some of you fellas wrote about in response to Art's post...no reason stressing now, let's just see what happens when March comes around. When I first saw the score of the PSU/Penn meet I thought WTH, but then when I saw the lineups I realized PSU is pretty much in the same situation as us...resting guys that need to be rested until it's time to let the feathers fly.

If I'm a PSU fan, I'm thinking like some of you fellas wrote about in response to Art's post...no reason stressing now, let's just see what happens when March comes around. When I first saw the score of the PSU/Penn meet I thought WTH, but then when I saw the lineups I realized PSU is pretty much in the same situation as us...resting guys that need to be rested until it's time to let the feathers fly.

Oh, feathers will be flying all right, when the Nittany Lions roll into town on Jan 28th. 😉

lioness-vs-hawk.jpg

Oh, feathers will be flying all right, when the Nittany Lions roll into town on Jan 28th. 😉

lioness-vs-hawk.jpg
I plan on being there as long as there's not a blizzard. I come to Coralville once a year (minus the COVID year) for a dual...what an amazing scene!! BTW, that's a baby hawk you have in the picture; the ones that will be coming out on the 28th will make that mountain lion look like a house cat. :)

This is what was written on a F*** state bandwagon page is all i am saying. It is unreal considering all that top talent they recruit and kales great coaching ability! I am guessing the dual meet is going to be a major beat down by the HAWKS!

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nitt
This is what was written on a F*** state bandwagon page is all i am saying. It is unreal considering all that top talent they recruit and kales great coaching ability! I am guessing the dual meet is going to be a major beat down by the HAWKS!
I hope you’re right, but would gladly settle for national champions. :)

Reactions: IRONBIRD
The Penn result doesn’t change the fact that PSU was already falling apart.

RBY would rather quit wrestling than return for his final season. Kerkvliet will transfer again soon enough. Beard is going to transfer because they are playing favorites by handing the spot to Dean. They have to recruit a new 125 every season because they can’t develop their 125 blue chip recruits. The younger Lee can’t beat out a walk on. Their prized recruit lost to Maryland freshman. The prized recruit from the year before didn’t even qualify.

RBY would rather quit wrestling than return for his final season. Kerkvliet will transfer again soon enough. Beard is going to transfer because they are playing favorites by handing the spot to Dean. They have to recruit a new 125 every season because they can’t develop their 125 blue chip recruits. The younger Lee can’t beat out a walk on. Their prized recruit lost to Maryland freshman. The prized recruit from the year before didn’t even qualify.
That's some stinky bait! 😄

You forgot Cael leaving to go on his two year LDS mission. Otherwise, looks spot on 😉

Since when is Max Dean wrestling up? And without him they’d be pretty good since they have Beard sitting on the bench.

Lmao. Meant OP's post, but you got me. 😆
What is dumb about it??? F*** state has tons of slush $$$$, tons of high end recruits, plus transfers and currently even according to their own bandwagon fans, they are struggling badly! What do you not understand? This is pretty embarrassing and unlike what many think, it may just get a lot worse!!!

• Haha
Who cares?...

Reactions: Gobblin
What is dumb about it??? F*** state has tons of slush $$$$, tons of high end recruits, plus transfers and currently even according to their own bandwagon fans, they are struggling badly! What do you not understand? This is pretty embarrassing and unlike what many think, it may just get a lot worse!!!
What's dumb is equating 4 returning national champions to "the wheels are falling off." Losing a wheel or two doesn't sound so bad if that's the case.

Reactions: el dub
What's dumb is equating 4 returning national champions to "the wheels are falling off." Losing a wheel or two doesn't sound so bad if that's the case.
Keep hearing this same rehashed crap for everything. A team is not 4 guys. Last year, you lost IOWA won! The year before that, you had your asses handed to you at B1Gs!!!

This year you will not have 4 champions, and will be battling for a team trophy. All this with the best team $$$$ could buy.

• Haha
We’re each dealt a limited and precious number of seconds on the surface of this planet. And the OP wasted how many writing that post? Lesson here for everybody …

A couple top teams’ availability pictures are fuzzy, at least in the short run. Revisit in February and don’t sweat what ya’ can’t change until then (or even in Feb).

We’re each dealt a limited and precious number of seconds on the surface of this planet. And the OP wasted how many writing that post? Lesson here for everybody …

A couple top teams’ availability pictures are fuzzy, at least in the short run. Revisit in February and don’t sweat what ya’ can’t change until then (or even in Feb).
Ironbird copied & pasted it from a PSU wrestling page so not much time involved. You wasted just as many precious seconds responding to the bait. Is there a lesson in that? ;)

Keep hearing this same rehashed crap for everything. A team is not 4 guys. Last year, you lost IOWA won! The year before that, you had your asses handed to you at B1Gs!!!

This year you will not have 4 champions, and will be battling for a team trophy. All this with the best team $$$$ could buy.
Huh? I lost and Iowa won? I didn't compete because I'm nearly 40 years old, but I've been a huge Iowa wrestling fan since watching my first dual on IPTV in the early 90s. And yes, Iowa has had their asses handed to them for nearly a decade, but we are now back on track. I'll even make a claim only an Iowa fan could make to prove it: Iowa will have 6 finalists this year at Nationals.

See. It is possible to be wearing my black and gold blinders and still acknowledge the success of other programs.

Reactions: okinburg1
Ironbird copied & pasted it from a PSU wrestling page so not much time involved. You wasted just as many precious seconds responding to the bait. Is there a lesson in that? ;)
Gee, maybe I’m down to my last few seconds and just had to get it off my chest. 😵

Yep, and they were falling apart last year at this time all the way until March according to this board. That is, until they got 4 champs and gave the Hawkeyes best team in over a decade a run for its money. Thats right...the team falling apart gained in one season...4 individual champs...more than your entire team throughout their entire careers combined.

And since we are playing your "falling apart" game, we can do that to just about every team out there. Let's take your Hawks as an example. They have 125 lber that won't wrestle out of fear his body will fall apart before March. They have a 133 that is just as likely to go balististic on someone off the mat than not. They have a 149 that can't stay healthy. A 165 that never wrestles to his seed at Nationals. A 174 that didn't really want to come back another year and a 184 that doesn't care if he ever wrestles again.

This could be a very f** thread to revist in March.
Especially if your "super team"...the one that you've all been waiting on finishes with exactly ONE team championship throughout their entire careers and Spencer being the only one able to get an individual title.
Oh...will be even more f** if his wheels "fall off" and fails to be the Hawks very first 4 timer. :)

I almost want to wish a sick PSU team loses today and gives you and the rest here another reason to believe their wheels are falling off. It will help make that end of season Hawk fans meltdown that we became accustomed to seeing the majority of the past 12 years even more epic than I rememember.

Last edited:
And since we are playing your "falling apart" game, we can do that to just about every team out there. Let's take your Hawks as an example. They have 125 lber that won't wrestle out of fear his body will fall apart before March. They have a 133 that is just as likely to go balististic on someone off the mat than not. They have a 149 that can't stay healthy. A 165 that never wrestles to his seed at Nationals. A 174 that didn't really want to come back another year and a 184 that doesn't care if he ever wrestles again.
Johnstownsteel why do you do this to yourself? Did you make it the whole 2 weeks of your ban on BWI?

Last edited:
Johnstownsteel why do you do this to yourself? Did you make it the whole 2 weeks of your ban on BWI?
I dont know to be honest. I know i made it at least a week and a half. Cant remember when i went off on you there. Lol. You still over there doing what I do here...that is being a douche and a thorn to their sides? :)

Oh and you know exactly why I do this so stop hiding it from your buddies as to why I come here. You see folks, Turk is constantly scolding us for talking about your Hawkeyes on our board. So...because of him, I pop up here as much as I can when I want to talk about your team. And so, if you want to blame anyone for my being here...

Blame Turk. :)

ADVERTISEMENT