ADVERTISEMENT

There are Reports that Joe T was Bombarded w/ Threats, Insults & Personal Attacks after Missing the 2 FTs

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Those threats, etc. came in his Twitter direct messages and on his Instagram page.

Apparently there were some gamblers (and of course, "fans") not happy when Joe missed the 2 FTs that would have sealed the win at Minny.

My god, what the hell has the world come to?

KF was right all along to ban players from Twitter.

Wrong if true you can look at the whole team one more positive play in regulation and they win.

For once I am innocent of All Charges. Never been on Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Snapchat or Facebook in my life. I assume there are more, but I ain't on those either, and got no plans to start in this lifetime.
OK, removing you from list of suspects. ;) It would be best if all Iowa athletes shunned social media. Morons come out of the woodwork. They don't understand that it is only a game intended for entertainment.

Reactions: 24 so far
Find these people and shoot them........with rock salt......in the foot......so it is painful for them to walk around, and so the pain can serve as a constant reminder of their stupidity when they get on social media to say something stupid again.

:)

Those threats, etc. came in his Twitter direct messages and on his Instagram page.

Apparently there were some gamblers (and of course, "fans") not happy when Joe missed the 2 FTs that would have sealed the win at Minny.

KF banned twitter to protect his players from Iowa fans

Reactions: mtown66
If I remember correctly his last free throw looked good. It sank half way down and then somehow fell out of the hoop. Maybe I’m remembering wrong. I’m not surprised by this and hope he has the common sense to know this loss is not on him. Wish he would have made one though.

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
Looking at his feed there are a ton of clearly either bot accounts or completely made up accounts that likely aren’t even iowa fans. I mean, just look at the handles.

I hope the authorities are able to track each of these tweets and toss those morons in the slammer.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Got to be rival fans trolling right? I hope so. Iowa has a lot of enemies.

1) Even if he made the 2 FT, Iowa doesn't cover the spread.
2) From the message boards, Iowa fans prefer JT to J-bo.

Reactions: Madman_1
Just like this, and any board or topic today - OP posts "reports" with nothing to show, then a whole string of condemnation posts follow

Social media is the bane of society.
ANONYMOUS social media is the problem.

Register under a fictional username and you have immediate license to insult, threaten, mock, etc. without constructive consequences.

Society has to find a way to verify ownership of social media accounts and hold the owners personally accountable for their conduct.

For once I am innocent of All Charges. Never been on Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Snapchat or Facebook in my life. I assume there are more, but I ain't on those either, and got no plans to start in this lifetime.
I also have never been on any of these media outlets except Facebook. Just adds clutter to life. Joe T. Did probably hear from some fans or gamblers, but I am guessing it is being overblown.

Reactions: 24 so far
Those idiots were on here over the weekend.....if you are singling out Joe there and not the millionaire coach who could have still avoided OT or other players who played far worse than Joe you are f'd in the head. 2020 is revealing to me that a big chunk of Iowa fans just suck ass, thought it was a smaller minority previously. I've been on these boards close to 20 years and 2020 has been the most disgusting on here by far

Reactions: Hawksncubs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT