ADVERTISEMENT

There has to be a decent chance game gets postponed tomorrow..

Chishawk1425

HR King
Nov 27, 2019
Winter Storm warning for DSM metro and Iowa City starting at 9am, 4-6 inches of snow and wind it'll be a blizzard out there. They need to push this game to Saturday.

Umm, Iowa v. Nebraska wrestling is at 8 on Saturday night. To get a game postponed has a lot of moving parts. Really hard to do. I do wonder, when was the last time a game was cancelled/postponed?

Umm, Iowa v. Nebraska wrestling is at 8 on Saturday night. To get a game postponed has a lot of moving parts. Really hard to do. I do wonder, when was the last time a game was cancelled/postponed?
Maybe 11 AM Saturday or something, probably hinges too on when Michigan arrives but this forecast is horrid and well before the game starts so it'll be bad by 8pm tomorrow night.

Bummer OP bought Tix in advance and Iowa weather is being Iowa weather but have they ever done this? I can't recall it happening. I wouldnt mind it....just don't see it. There are things I miss about Iowa. The weather is definitely not one of them

Maybe 11 AM Saturday or something, probably hinges too on when Michigan arrives but this forecast is horrid and well before the game starts so it'll be bad by 8pm tomorrow night.
it could still be snowing at like 5/6am saturday

the drive from out of town isn't gonna be getting any better.....

Reactions: BootsTiggley
Bummer OP bought Tix in advance and Iowa weather is being Iowa weather but have they ever done this? I can't recall it happening. I wouldnt mind it....just don't see it. There are things I miss about Iowa. The weather is definitely not one of them
It isn't about me, I don't care about $80 bucks. But this thing is hitting early in the day and is going to go all day with wind involved no one will be able to make it to the game, I think there is a legit chance they will postpone this one and they should if this forecast holds, it just was updated now and it is worse then it was prior.

The opponent should arrive in IC between 12-1:00, get checked in and do their pre-game stuff. If I were you I’d try to get there early and enjoy yourself. Also may want to find your own hotel room to spend the night in if your drive is over an hour away. Roads will be too nasty to risk. Highly doubt this gets postponed.

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
The opponent should arrive in IC between 12-1:00, get checked in and do their pre-game stuff. If I were you I’d try to get there early and enjoy yourself. Also may want to find your own hotel room to spend the night in if your drive is over an hour away. Roads will be too nasty to risk. Highly doubt this gets postponed.
Yeah not happening school and work till 4pm....I will be surprised if they play this one with how long it is going to start occurring prior to tip off and it continuing well past tip off and into the night.

National Weather Service says 2-4 inches for Iowa City on Friday then 0.1-0.2 inches of ice and 1 inch of snow Friday night. Supposed to switch to sleet and freezing rain between 6 pm and 9 pm.

That isn’t going to stop them from playing. Doesn’t matter how many people show up.

Reactions: chuck285
It isn't about me, I don't care about $80 bucks. But this thing is hitting early in the day and is going to go all day with wind involved no one will be able to make it to the game, I think there is a legit chance they will postpone this one and they should if this forecast holds, it just was updated now and it is worse then it was prior.
Yeah its probably about the kids too and safety in general but if you had no plans to go and hadn't been concerned about weather this week I doubt you start a thread calling for postponement which would be extreme. That's all. I'm with ya man....I'd be fine with postponement, just want to see Carver full.

I am legit curious if postponement has been done before. I just don't recall

It is the wind, 35 mph wind and 4 inches of snow is going to cause problems. I want to be there big time yeah but I don't give 2 shits about $80 bucks I'll be out. Just wanting a full house and rocking atmosphere huge game for the Hawks so I'll just watch on TV and hope they can pull off a huge W. I don't think 30-40 mpg winds with snow is being dramatic it is called blizzard conditions. Go Hawks!

Game time! :)

dave-senter-conceptuals-3d-model-conc-university-of-iowa-carver-hawkeye-arena0004.jpg

There was a huge snowstorm for the Michigan State game Fran’s first year. Game was played as scheduled.

National Weather Service says 2-4 inches for Iowa City on Friday then 0.1-0.2 inches of ice and 1 inch of snow Friday night. Supposed to switch to sleet and freezing rain between 6 pm and 9 pm.

That isn’t going to stop them from playing. Doesn’t matter how many people show up.

Exactly, it's why they have teams show up a day early. Yes, it stinks if attendance is down, but TV schedules are set and barring a power outage or if refs can't get there, they will play the game. Games have been played in worse situations that 4-6 inches of snow. Michigan may have to spend an extra night in Iowa if planes can't fly out of CR after the game, but they have contingencies for that too.

They just don't cancel games if at all possible.

Yeah I started to think that after I typed that. Probably a postpone to another time of the year all around.
this team will need all the rest they can get later on, hard pass!

we'll just have to play in front of a smaller crowd, like it really matters lol

Yeah its probably about the kids too and safety in general but if you had no plans to go and hadn't been concerned about weather this week I doubt you start a thread calling for postponement which would be extreme. That's all. I'm with ya man....I'd be fine with postponement, just want to see Carver full.

I am legit curious if postponement has been done before. I just don't recall

it has been done. I know Iowa -Indiana game postponed one 1979. Think due to weather. All I remember is Iowa beat crap out of Ind and Bobby Knight when game actually played

if Michigan already in town then will probably play Friday night

Reactions: blhawk
Last season Iowa women's game at Michigan got postponed for a day due to snow. And that's after the Iowa team was already in Ann Arbor, ready to play. Iowa lost that game. I'm still bitter.

Reactions: mphawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT