ADVERTISEMENT

There may not have been a crime nor any quid pro quo...but...

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
...to see all of these GOPers act as if this was anything other than an effort to hurt Biden is just so effing dishonest.

These are the people swearing that Hillary somehow was responsible for Benghazi, 6 layers removed from it, but a direct phone call from Trump mentioning the taking out of Biden and aid to the country, means absolutely nothing to them. So so dishonest. Can’t have both... unless you’re OiT of course.

Donald just really cares about corruption and hates nepotism.

...to see all of these GOPers act as if this was anything other than an effort to hurt Biden is just so effing dishonest.

These are the people swearing that Hillary somehow was responsible for Benghazi, 6 layers removed from it, but a direct phone call from Trump mentioning the taking out of Biden and aid to the country, means absolutely nothing to them. So so dishonest. Can’t have both... unless you’re OiT of course.
For the record, I don’t blame Hillary for the fact that Benghazi happened. Bad things happen in dangerous areas of the world and you can’t always stop them.

I hold her accountable for deliberately lying to the American public by blaming an obscure YouTube video when we knew damn well what really happened. The same militants who attacked our consulate had bombed a perimeter wall at the very same complex a few weeks earlier and also attacked a British humanitarian convoy with RPGs.

Our intelligence officials knew what was happening as it was happening. But we couldn’t admit that al-Qaeda affiliated militants attacked our consulate because one of the main themes of Obama’s reelection campaign was spiking the football over killing OBL and decimating AQ.

For the record, I don’t blame Hillary for the fact that Benghazi happened. Bad things happen in dangerous areas of the world and you can’t always stop them.

I hold her accountable for deliberately lying to the American public by blaming an obscure YouTube video when we knew damn well what really happened. The same militants who attacked our consulate had bombed a perimeter wall at the very same complex a few weeks earlier and also attacked a British humanitarian convoy with RPGs.

Our intelligence officials knew what was happening as it was happening. But we couldn’t admit that al-Qaeda affiliated militants attacked our consulate because one of the main themes of Obama’s reelection campaign was spiking the football over killing OBL and decimating AQ.
Really. You want to hold her accountable for lying? Must really be banging the drum for trump to be held accountable for his 13,000 lies and climbing.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Really. You want to hold her accountable for lying? Must really be banging the drum for trump to be held accountable for his 13,000 lies and climbing.
I’m just biding my time until he’s thrown out of office so the GOP can get a candidate that I can support in the race.

There were protest all over about that video.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_Innocence_of_Muslims

Do you really think a crime may not have been committed?

Yes, I’m aware of that. Benghazi was not an impromptu protest by angry citizens. It was a well-planned, coordinated attack by militants. And US officials knew that. But it was politically expedient to blame the attack on the YouTube protests.
According to the militants - it was anger at the video that precipitated the attack. They were planning something but it was the video that prompted them to go. They were joined by scores of people who were simply reacting to the events.

Fifteen months after Mr. Stevens’s death, the question of responsibility remains a searing issue in Washington, framed by two contradictory story lines.

One has it that the video, which was posted on YouTube, inspired spontaneous street protests that got out of hand. This version, based on early intelligence reports, was initially offered publicly by Susan E. Rice, who is now Mr. Obama’s national security adviser.

The other, favored by Republicans, holds that Mr. Stevens died in a carefully planned assault by Al Qaeda to mark the anniversary of its strike on the United States 11 years before. Republicans have accused the Obama administration of covering up evidence of Al Qaeda’s role to avoid undermining the president’s claim that the group has been decimated, in part because of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

The investigation by The Times shows that the reality in Benghazi was different, and murkier, than either of those story lines suggests. Benghazi was not infiltrated by Al Qaeda, but nonetheless contained grave local threats to American interests. The attack does not appear to have been meticulously planned, but neither was it spontaneous or without warning signs.

Mr. Abu Khattala had become well known in Benghazi for his role in the killing of a rebel general, and then for declaring that his fellow Islamists were insufficiently committed to theocracy. He made no secret of his readiness to use violence against Western interests. One of his allies, the leader of Benghazi’s most overtly anti-Western militia, Ansar al-Shariah, boasted a few months before the attack that his fighters could “flatten” the American Mission. Surveillance of the American compound appears to have been underway at least 12 hours before the assault started.

The violence, though, also had spontaneous elements. Anger at the video motivated the initial attack. Dozens of people joined in, some of them provoked by the video and others responding to fast-spreading false rumors that guards inside the American compound had shot Libyan protesters. Looters and arsonists, without any sign of a plan, were the ones who ravaged the compound after the initial attack, according to more than a dozen Libyan witnesses as well as many American officials who have viewed the footage from security cameras.

Feel free to dismiss it. But you should read it.

Reactions: gusto79
The transcript contained quid pro quo, sworn testimony says there was quid quo pro, and even Giuliani admitted there was quid pro quo. Can we put to bed this notion that there wasn't?

There was a crime and a quid pro quo. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn’t being honest either.

My point is they start off with those two statements and then finish with "He was just trying to make sure everything was being done correctly in the country we gave aid to." I can allow the first two due to party loyalty. Either side would do that. However, to say the only reason he was doing it had nothing to do with Biden is just way over the top and much more dug in than simple party allegiance.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
My point is they start off with those two statements and then finish with "He was just trying to make sure everything was being done correctly in the country we gave aid to." I can allow the first two due to party loyalty. Either side would do that. However, to say the only reason he was doing it had nothing to do with Biden is just way over the top and much more dug in than simple party allegiance.
They are full time larpers.

first off you're right. However, this is also what politics has become, and democrats are equally guilty (if not more for the simply fact that there's a republican president). Pretending any action by the democrats in the past 3 years has been anything other than an attempt to hurt Trump would also be fallacy.

so to your original point, OF COURSE it's to hurt Biden. Should it be that way? NO.

If both parties would spend a whole lot less time digging up personal imperfections of the others key players and actually spent time talking about how to give America the best chance of success and a stable future...LOL, nah, we all know that won't happen any time soon.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
first off you're right. However, this is also what politics has become, and democrats are equally guilty (if not more for the simply fact that there's a republican president). Pretending any action by the democrats in the past 3 years has been anything other than an attempt to hurt Trump would also be fallacy.

so to your original point, OF COURSE it's to hurt Biden. Should it be that way? NO.

If both parties would spend a whole lot less time digging up personal imperfections of the others key players and actually spent time talking about how to give America the best chance of success and a stable future...LOL, nah, we all know that won't happen any time soon.

The difference is that one side used their political office, a foreign government and US taxpayer aide rather then hiring an outside law firm to dig up dirt, right? Many people are saying that is the difference that makes it impeachable...

The difference is that one side used their political office, a foreign government and US taxpayer aide rather then hiring an outside law firm to dig up dirt, right? Many people are saying that is the difference that makes it impeachable...
Let's assume that's all true. That's a carefully threaded needle to prove an action to be impeachable. I think all you have to do is swap D for R beside Biden and Trump's names and the support of the parties would reverse. When there is a D president in 2021, we can expect 4-8 years of similar treatment to what Trump has gotten from D's by R's. The media outlets will also swap places. You'll have FoxNews supporting and running with any potentially negative storyline against the President, and CNN/MSNBC defending all actions of the:president and simply ignoring the negative.

The only hope is some sort of charismatic moderate coming to the fore and emerging a leader. That's not going to happen in 2020, so we're doomed to a minimum of another 5 years from now of division. The two party system and fierce divide between them will make compromise very difficult.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT