ADVERTISEMENT

There will not be spring fball. It’s 10 degrees through March in the Midwest.

Letsgohawks411

HR All-State
Feb 15, 2015
Is that better for the student athletes???? Damn, I feel bad for the kids who have worked their asses off to get to this point now have to watch other kids play on Saturday.

The average temperature in Iowa in March is 49.

The average temperature in Iowa in November (when the currently play)?? Also 49.

Dumb argument is dumb.
You do realize an average has absolutely nothing to do with what a temperature will be on one given day right? Yes it could be 75 or it could be five below.

Thar said the only reason there won't be spring football is because they can't have them playing twice in less than one year.

Is that better for the student athletes???? Damn, I feel bad for the kids who have worked their asses off to get to this point now have to watch other kids play on Saturday.
So when they're playing in the NFL in December (regular season) and January (playoffs) when it's legitimately 30 degrees or worse, is that okay of the NFL to do that, regardless of the fact they're getting paid to play?...........

The cold weather excuse works for baseball........not for football.

Try again. :)

You do realize an average has absolutely nothing to do with what a temperature will be on one given day right? Yes it could be 75 or it could be five below.

Thar said the only reason there won't be spring football is because they can't have them playing twice in less than one year.

I do.

And it’s no different than it being -5 in October or November. I’m just saying that’s not an impediment.

And why can’t they play twice a year?

So when they're playing in the NFL in December (regular season) and January (playoffs) when it's legitimately 30 degrees or worse, is that okay of the NFL to do that, regardless of the fact they're getting paid to play?...........

The cold weather excuse works for baseball........not for football.

Try again. :)
nfl has heated fields.

Can we get non-con games at the start of the season? I’d like to see a Big Ten/SEC challenge scheduled at the beginning of the season in March. 50% of the games must be played up north.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
I do.

And it’s no different than it being -5 in October or November. I’m just saying that’s not an impediment.

And why can’t they play twice a year?
That question has been answered on here and many others. If you really can't figure it out then Google it....

nfl has heated fields.
giphy.gif

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
What do they plan to do this fall? They can't hardly practice all fall, then play in the spring. Is the NCAA on board with playing in the spring?

Teams are regulated on when they can have practices throughout the year, so now NCAA will have different rules depending on conference?

Do the outliers only apply to one of the months who's average is being referenced? You understand how averages work, correct? Do you have some SD numbers to review for us?

Do the outliers only apply to one of the months who's average is being referenced? You understand how averages work, correct? Do you have some SD numbers to review for us?
And you'll still not know what the temperature will be for the game. You also have many many months outside to practice before that cold this month. They just going to stay inside all winter? Then come out and play in a freezing cold game? Seems pretty dumb

it’s spelled “I don’t know” if you need help typing it out.
anybody who's actually played football knows why you're not going to ask the kids to play 20 some games within less than a year. clearly you've never played so I'm not going to bother explaining to you

And you'll still not know what the temperature will be for the game.
Like we don't know what the temperature will be for a November game either, right? At least it seems you've given up on the idea that average temperature is somehow vastly different for the two months, which I guess is progress.

JFC

Reactions: nu2u

You do realize that everyone does realize?

Like we don't know what the temperature will be for a November game either, right? At least it seems you've given up on the idea that average temperature is somehow vastly different for the two months, which I guess is progress.

JFC
Yes I'll admit I already read the post wrong. However it's still much easier in November considering you've likely been outside getting used to the colder weather. either way the whole argument is pointless there is no spring football its an absolutely idiotic idea.

And many of the same people who bitch about people not wearing masks now, will refuse the vaccine.
I sure as heck won’t be getting a vaccine when it first comes out. All you other suckers can be the guinea pigs. I’ll wait until the kinks get worked out.

0% chance a healthy college age kid is getting the vaccine even if it does come out.
If I am able to document one healthy college kid that received the virus vaccine after it is made available will you agree to terminate your account?

I mean, if the possibility of that happening is nil ….. agreed?

Yes I'll admit I already read the post wrong. However it's still much easier in November considering you've likely been outside getting used to the colder weather. either way the whole argument is pointless there is no spring football its an absolutely idiotic idea.

wait… You are saying the players will be more acclimated to cold-weather in November than they would in March? WTF?

wait… You are saying the players will be more acclimated to cold-weather in November than they would in March? WTF?
Considering they will be playing indoors all winter......

I guess I should say would be. Anyone with a brain knows this isn't happening

If I am able to document one healthy college kid that received the virus vaccine after it is made available will you agree to terminate your account?

I mean, if the possibility of that happening is nil ….. agreed?
He's rounding down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT