ADVERTISEMENT

There's talk about a Big 10/ACC Merger...

We’ve played in high heat and humidity many times. The August 2000 game against KSU at Arrowhead Stadium had the field thermometer showing close to 120 degrees when we(in the HMB at the time) marched off then field right past it after the pregame show before taking our seats behind the end zone. Playing at FSU in heat would be better than the hot home games we’ve had as we’d wear our road whites instead of the home black jerseys.

I think FSU could handle a cold game in Iowa though considering they play games at BC and other northerly ACC teams. I‘d love to see them in a November late-afternoon/evening game at Minny though, with inches of snow in the stands and the wind blasting in from the open end zone facing the west.

A Big 10 and ACC Merger on the Horizon?​

NoleThruandThru

My, my, what an interesting 24 hours! I’ve never been shy of my disdain for the ACC and it’s former commissioner but OU and Texas just opened the realignment floodgates again, so it’s time to dream a little.

FSU won’t be in the SEC, of that I’m confident. If the SEC poached from the ACC it would target UNC (may settle for NC State) and Virginia (may settle for VT) to expand the footprint.

The GOR really complicates a lot of this but if the ACC is serious about keeping up with the SEC, it needs to be in contact with the Big Ten Conference right now. It seems as though the era of the Mega Conference/Super Conference (whatever you want to call it) is quickly approaching and in my mind, a B1G/ACC merger makes a lot of sense. The B1G will have to abandon its sanctimonious academic requirements to expand and a merger between the two conferences might also be what it takes to finally add in Notre Dame.

What remains to be seen with a merger like this is whether full inclusion happens or only the cream of the crop are included. Universities like Boston College and Wake Forest could be on thin ice and if they’re left out, the AAC may become an option for the lower-tier schools. We’ll see how much academic standards and past alliances mean once all that money starts talking...

Can you imagine FSU traveling to Michigan or Wisconsin in November? It could become a reality…

What does HROT think of this?
Ain’t happening.

I’m ok with it as long as it is still called the Big Ten Conference with two divisions, the Atlantic Coast Division and the Real Big Ten Division!!
Because the real big ten has such a long history of winning? Without the meat heads at OSU it’s a pretty pedestrian conference

Reactions: DFSNOLE
We’ve played in high heat and humidity many times. The August 2000 game against KSU at Arrowhead Stadium had the field thermometer showing close to 120 degrees when we(in the HMB at the time) marched off then field right past it after the pregame show before taking our seats behind the end zone. Playing at FSU in heat would be better than the hot home games we’ve had as we’d wear our road whites instead of the home black jerseys.

I think FSU could handle a cold game in Iowa though considering they play games at BC and other northerly ACC teams. I‘d love to see them in a November late-afternoon/evening game at Minny though, with inches of snow in the stands and the wind blasting in from the open end zone facing the west.
You do know we beat the shit out of Michigan and MSU

Yeah
It is never hot and humid in Iowa in August and September. :rolleyes:
but does it get 30F with rain and wind in Tallahassee in November?
It has. I walked to class in January when it was 17 degrees and windy. Of course four days later I was sitting outside catching rays in 72 degree weather.

Iowa can be very hot and humid. The difference is it will cool off periodically in the summer and the days of being in the 90s are irregular.

Now, let's talk about how you Florida boys would do with temps in the 20s, snow flurries, and 40 mph winds.
Had that in Tally. I've got the pics. With our 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix covered in snow 😂

Would Oklahoma and Texas add any value to the SEC?

Will TX give up its Network and privilege?

Maybe you want to sit prediction threads out....
At least I have the guts to go on record.

Since I am saying a Big 10/ACC merger ain’t happening, and you are ridiculing it, I can only assume you are predicting it WILL happen.

Go on record or go away.

Reactions: seminoleed
I am shocked some of my fellow Noles are talking about humidity and heat advantage. I am still old enough to remember ****ing “watergate” and Boise State handling it better than we did in Taggart’s second and last home opener as our players faded and cramped up.

Reactions: goldmom
Since I am saying a Big 10/ACC merger ain’t happening, and you are ridiculing it, I can only assume you are predicting it WILL happen.

What do I have to go on the record about? That you suck at predictions.

OK I'm done. I win. Now what?

I dunno. Maybe, probably not.

But, i do know that you shouldn't be making any predictions on anything for a while.
So in other words….you are too cowardly to pick. I thought so. “Maybe.” “Probably not.” Way to go out on a limb.

You aren’t exactly Jimmy the Greek.

So in other words….you are too cowardly to pick. I thought so. “Maybe.” “Probably not.” Way to go out on a limb.

You aren’t exactly Jimmy the Greek.
Aren’t you the same dude that told people to tell you how to vote for president? Come on, man

Aren’t you the same dude that told people to tell you how to vote for president? Come on, man
Nope. I started a thread the day before the election that I still had not made up my mind, but if you search that thread you will find that I never ONCE asked anyone to tell me how to vote. You fail.

Nope. I started a thread the day before the election that I still had not made up my mind, but if you search that thread you will find that I never ONCE asked anyone to tell me how to vote. You fail.
Lol. Ok chief.

Ah. I mean..ok. It’s a regional (niche) sport. But golf clap
There are almost as many colleges that have wrestling as a sport across all of the NCAA, NAIA, and the various Junior College Leagues as there are schools that play Division 1 basketball. So it’s a VERY niche sport. Might as well brag about the badminton trophies.

You started a thread on a public forum saying you didn’t know who you were going to vote for, but you were not soliciting. So you are an attention whore..cool.
So you admit you were wrong. Cool.

Good thing you have never started a thread, otherwise you would be an attention whore. Oh, wait………

So you admit you were wrong. Cool.

Good thing you have never started a thread, otherwise you would be an attention whore. Oh, wait………
Didn’t search..didn’t care. You do understand the difference in starting a thread and starting a thread that you don’t know who to vote for.

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT